Dr. John I.C. Lin

Rate Dr. John I.C. Lin

Dr. John I.C. Lin's Ratings

Dr. Lin is a good family physician but there's a lot of work that needs to be done on his punctuality and his front desk staff. Each time I came, I had to wait 30 minutes to an hour. Dr. Lin is so behind on his schedule so may be if he were to not have so many patients booked at once, then he would have more time for each of his patients. Double booking patients is acceptable for busy offices but not when the doctor will see one patient for a few minutes and then leave to see another patient then back. It's also very unacceptable to be told to move out of the doctor's room for another patient to come in and left to stand in the hallway. The front desk staff are not very welcoming and friendly either. No greetings or anything whatsoever when you walk in. Not even "hi" or "how are you?" They show no professionalism at all. Laughing behind the front desks and no experiences in triaging. Either Dr. Lin needs to say something to his staff or have them trained for medical office assistant.

Submitted May 17, 2014 | flag

I agreed some people opinions. I did wait for more than 30 minutes even though I made an appointment, Doc Lin just spent maximum 10 minutes for your consultation, and was not willing to listen to my concerns more patiently. Maybe he did care quantity , not quality. That's why I have to look for other nice family doctor

Submitted April 3, 2014 | flag

Dr John lin is a very nice dr. His staffs are ok not bad but except for this one particular grumpy old lady in his staff team. She's got an attitude problem. Many times I almost wanted to give her back an attitude. Just like the one she gave me!!!!

Submitted Dec. 7, 2012 | flag

This doctor is really amazing!!! He's punctual, SUPER helpgul and i really don't get why people say that he's all rushed and stuff, he listens to you! I don't think that he rushes at all! I would really recomend this doctor.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2012 | flag

John lin has been my doctor for the past 15 years. He is one of the best doctors Ive experienced so far. He is indeed very knowledgeable on his field and is willing to transfer you to specialist. Although, I have to admit, the waiting time is not very good. I had to wait for 10 to 15 minutes each time but the best times are the beginning, after lunch, and before closing. These times will get you in faster. Overall, very responsible doctor.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2011 | flag

He is a very resbonsible Dr. and he is my family dr. too. i dont know why ppl say he is not friendly but in fact he is very nice to me. yes, the waiting time is a problem but i think there is nothing wrong with the dr. himself.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2010 | flag

Punctuality- what punctuality? it doesn't matter whether you book an appointment or if you walk-in. Whoever comes gets first in line. You can easily wait 1+hr even if you book an appointment just to see 5min of consultation. When it's finally your turn, Dr. Lin's always too busy to listen to your concerns. No friendly smile, no warm greetings. He seems like he's always in the rush to see the next patient. I remember he one-time mis-diagnosed my sun burn as acne breakout! A lot of new immigrants still go to him because Dr. Lin speaks fluent Mandarin. If there no such language barrier, I would never recommend him as a family doctor!

Submitted Sept. 4, 2010 | flag

my regular dr was away on vacation and i was refered to see Dr Lin. Felt very rushed and didn't give me a chance to explain my concerns. Gave me some ointment and said take advil- would not reccomend this doctor.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2009 | flag

I've been with this doctor for years when I first came to Canada - and I guess the reason he has so many patients was because he WAS the only well-known Chinese doctor in BC at the time. I have to admit, my experiences with him was not pleasant. I find that the waiting time was too long, and when it is finally your turn, he gives you the impression that he's in a rush to the next patient and won't even let you finish your sentence. Oh, and the one thing that bothers me the most is his receptionists - THEY WERE VERY RUDE AND NOT VERY HELPFUL. In conclusion, I do not recommend this doctor.

Submitted May 28, 2009 | flag

Dr Lin has been my family doctor for 14 years. He is a responsible and knowledgeable doctor.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2009 | flag