Dr. David M. Tamres

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. David M. Tamres has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David M."
RID: 2677317
12/06/13 3 5 5 5 I've gone to Dr. Tamres for many years and he is always very polite, very engaged, very professional and extremely knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2482943
26/11/12 3 4 5 5 I love Dr. Tamres. Our nickname for him used to be "Dr. Doogie" because he looks so youthful but don't be fooled. He's knowledgeable and LISTENS! Office staff is ok. I can't say too much about other docs (although I like the NPs in the office).
RID: 2398543
11/08/12 5 5 5 5 He Is an outstanding physician. He LISTENS to you which most doctors do not do anymore. He is nice and friendly. Also cute! I recommend him very much!
RID: 1702852
02/02/12 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor. Good staff. Good office. Helped me when other doctors couldn't.
RID: 1659311
12/12/11 3 3 1 3
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1652496
05/12/11 4 5 5 5 Dr. Tamres is the best doctor to whom I've ever been! He cares, is very knowledgable, and takes every concern seriously. Another plus is he is conscious about health and I trust his balance between what is necessary or not. I'm a tough critic with drs. and I recommend him highly. If only most doctors were like him!
RID: 1471634
23/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tamres is the best! He really cares. And he really listens. Best doctor I ever had.
Respond

28/09/10 SYSTEM: 5 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1237598
26/08/10 4 5 5 5 Dr Tamres is thoroughly professional, always responds to questions, promptly submits prescriptions, calls when test restults are available, and has been a beneficial find for me. He gets top marks. I agree with some of the comments about the staff [based on four years of patienthood at Morristown]. Staff can be stiff, concerned with their personal items and openly discussing them during business hours, and occasionally providing poor phone coverage. The office administator should evaluate this performance and correct deficiencies. Occasionally the time in the examination room is over 15 minutes, which is excessive. I'd credit the physician with spending more time aiding another patient or debit the staff for not getting all patient material ready and organized.
RID: 853784
06/04/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Tamres is an excellent doctor. I have seen him over the past 4 years, as does my wife who is an RN (she swears by him). He is thorough and willing to answer any questions I have ever had. I never feel rushed even when the office is full of patients. I highly recommend Dr Tamres.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 797993
23/02/09 1 5 5 5 Only good words about Dr. Tamres. The staff, when in their office, quite competent. But you DEFINITELY DO NOT want to have to telephone that office. And if it is their "lunch" break? Forget it. Go to the hospital.
Insurance: Oxford
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 778038
31/01/09 5 5 5 5 I consider myself very lucky to have found Dr. David Tamres. He's an extremely compassionate individual. He takes his time with me-I never feel rushed and he always answers my silly questions. He treats me with respect. He takes care of my elderly parents as well, and they LOVE him and hadn't gone to another doctor in years! He's smart, too. And his staff is great-pleasant, sweet - they put me at ease! And he never keeps us waiting. Almost don't want to write so others don't know my little secret, but he is THE BEST!!!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 777211
30/01/09 1 5 4 4 Dr. Tamres is a nice enough guy, but his office staff is the worst. They have screwed up billings and instead of resolving it through a simple phone call they turned it to over to a collection agency. This is after a long many year relationship and over a $ 20.00 copay. They don't return phone calls, take days to turn in a prescription and if there is an issue with the prescription never let you know. There are more large warnings about what they won't do, posted around the office, then can be believed. It is by far the most negative environment. I know of other doctor's offices who feel the same way about the staff. A business is only as good as it's worst employee and so Dr. Tamres should be ashamed of his.
RID: 664907
13/08/08 5 5 5 5 My experiences with Dr. Tamres have all been positive. He is accessible, thorough, and clearly has my best interests at heart at all times. When there are alternative treatments he explains them well, and is open to questions and discussion. On the occasional visits when I have been seen by a nurse practitioner, she has been top-notch as well. I could not ask for a better doctor or practice.  Respond
RID: 607547
05/06/08 2 3 2 3 How comforting it is to go to your doctor and have him refer to medical conditions you never have had because the office staff always pulls the wrong chart? If you go to this office, ALWAYS ask the doctor to verify that he has your correct chart.  Respond
RID: 593313
19/05/08 3 5 5 5 Dr. Tamres has a wonderful disposition, is knowledgeable, patient, and reassuring. I found his examination to be very thorough. I highly recommend!
RID: 457558
05/12/07 1 3 2 4 You may be confused when you go to the doctor, but I'm not. I wasn't "having a bad day" and didn't have "Dr. Tamres confused with someone else." I liked Dr. Tamres when he joined the practice, but he seems to now have little time for his patients and seems inattentive to patient concerns/questions. You may have had a different experience, but that's mine and I've spoken to friends who agree. Best of luck to you and your experience with Dr. Tamres. I have found a new doctor who listens to and answers my questions and whose staff doesn't consistently pull the wrong chart, screw up my billing, or screw up my medical records. My advice to is to request and review copies of your records for accuracy. I've had him refer in my chart to conditions I've never had and meds or tests I've never taken or had and this is due to his staff's incompetent. Bad enough that Dr. Tamres has lost his bedside manner but the gross errors made by his office staff may be hazardous to your health. Good luck.
RID: 447988
21/11/07 5 5 5 5 I have to completely disagree with the last comment made clearly by a patient who was having a bad day and definitely got Dr. Tamres confused with someone else. I have gone to Dr. Tamres almost since the beginning when he joined the practice. Not only does Dr. Tamres provide the best medical care and bedside manner not matched by any other Dr. I have been to, but he is genuinely concerned about me as a person and patient. He is knowledgeable, sensitive to all my issues and extremely astute. I not only recommend Dr. Tamres to my family, but to all my friends. I am happy to say that everyone I know who has ever seen him has been so pleased that they too refer him to their family and friends. I am so thrilled to have a doctor who treats me as a person and not just a patient. There is no doubt that I will be seeing Dr. Tamres for years to come. If you're searching for a doctor who really cares, then you have no choice but to see Dr. Tamres. He is the best Doctor I ever had!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 446554
19/11/07 1 3 2 4 David Tamres use to be a attentive caring doctor who spent time with his patients answering their questions and was not one to rush out for the next patients. Unfortunately, Dr. Tamres has now settled into his practice and now is usually in a rush. He is often too quick to brush off a patient's concerns or questions without listening to them. His once attentive bedside manner is now unfortunately cold, rushed, and indifferent. To make the experience even more fun, Dr. Tamres has an office staff that is bordering on incompetent. Too bad he changed. I thought I had a doctor I would stick with for years, but I have moved on to a new practice and a doctor who now is attentive to my medical needs. I have spoken to others who felt the same way.
RID: 394139
29/08/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tamres is a very calming and reassuring doctor. I was one of his first patients and found him to be very knowledgeable, professional, considerate and kindhearted. These are traits that have stayed with him as his years of experience grew. I not only recommend him to others, but I'm comfortable having my children switched over to him as they outgrow their pediatrician. The office staff is very pleasantly mannered and the entire professional staff is exceptional.
Paid (or co-pay): $20