Rate Dr. Elijah Dixon

Dr. Elijah Dixon's Ratings

In May of 2010 my life was in limbo . I had a growth on my Liver which had ruptured and was spilling cancerous contaminates into my body cavity as I found out later. I was given great care and guidance by Dr Elijah Dixon. Care which he still gives to this day. Never once in 4 years have I seen him look at his watch , when he is with you he gives you his complete and undivided attention answering any and all my questions.
A true and dedicated professional. He is definitely a person with a true gift , personality and integrity. I consider myself very fortunate to have the best through my dilemma and to this day.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

one should be so lucky to have him as a surgeon!!!!!! especially as a nurse, a patient and a family member he is amazing, hard to track down but very attentive when he's around!

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

Dr Dixon performed my liver resection and removed my gallbladder in September. I think he is an excellent surgeon. He is very friendly and was very informative in all my appointments with him. I only spent seven nights in the hospital. The team of doctors he works with saw me daily in the hospital. They were excellent also. I'm very happy that Dr Dixon performed my surgery and his team took care of me in the hospital. I am also very happy that Dr Dixon is treating me post-surgery. I have had four previous surgeries for Crohn's disease with some very good surgeons, but Dr Dixon is the best surgeon I have had.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2013 | flag

He is a great surgeon, he repaired serious damage that was done by a surgeon at a different hospital. He also has a great personality.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2013 | flag

I am not sure what I can say about Dr. Dixon other than he truly deserves the high rating he has here. In October 2012, after some very careful planning and scheduling he, along with his colleagues, performed an extremely difficult surgery on me that included a liver resection, splenectomy, gall bladder removal, lymph node dissection, temporary bypass, and patching of my posterior vena cava. If that wasn't enough, he also removed what i would say was a basketball sized growth from my abdomen, ( the reason for the procedure ) during what turned out to be a surgery lasting over 11 hours and dropping me approx 90lbs. It is just a couple of days past Christmas now and I have been happily at home for about 6 weeks and feeling very good. Everything is healed. My family doctor says I look better than he has ever seen me. If you are checking this out because you have been referred to him for your surgery,then you are one of the lucky ones. His manner and his skill are unmatched in my opinion.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2012 | flag

Dr. Dixon performed an emergency appendectomy on my Friday, July 13. He was very reassuring and made me comfortable and confident. I feel quite myself after only one week. I believe that he is a very capable surgeon and that you will be in good hands if you are lucky enough to have Dr. Dixon as your physician/surgeon.

Submitted July 20, 2012 | flag

Dr Dixon performed my hepatectomy, and he was really great! He called my husband personally after the surgery! Did only saw him once at bedside but liked his two residents a lot as well. Very professional team and highly recommended!

Submitted March 21, 2012 | flag

I recently saw Dr. Dixon for a Cholecystectomy and have no complaints. Good bed side manor, and made the procedure a breeze. It has been just over two weeks and I feel perfectly fine. Amazing surgeon.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2012 | flag

Four years ago Dr Dixon treated on our son, afflicted with stage IV colorectal cancer. We got to know him very well because he operated on our son three times between December 2007 and May 2008. At all times the doctor was the epitome of professionalism, empathy, communication and follow up treatment. Could he be the finest doctor I've ever met? Never found a better one.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2011 | flag

Wow-Dr. Dixon is the best! He made my gall bladder surgery seem easy.I knew within 5 minutes of our meeting I was in excellent hands-his knowledge and warmth was exceptional.This is the type of doctor that we are proud to have in our city-worthy of a 5 star rating.Thanks Dr. Dixon!!!!!

Submitted Nov. 11, 2011 | flag