You may also like

Rate Dr. Elijah Dixon

Dr. Elijah Dixon's Ratings

Dr. Dixon is not just an outstanding surgeon, but an empathetic and caring human being who explains his diagnosis thoroughly and with great patience. My late mother had received news from another surgeon that her pancreatic cancer was inoperable. That other surgeon was very testy and failed to explain anything to us, which added distress to an already difficult situation.

We sought a referral to Dr. Dixon, who took the time to draw us a diagram of mum's tumour and explain why he didn't think he could resect her tumour. He even went so far as to offer us a DVD copy of her scan and mention two other surgeons, one in Hamburg, Germany and one in Seattle, who were world leaders in their field. Dr. Dixon suggested that we ask them if they would consider performing the surgery. When we sent them the scan and they both declined, we knew we had done our best for her.

We will always be grateful for Dr Dixon's patience and compassion in helping us understand a terrible diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2768069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

In May of 2010 my life was in limbo . I had a growth on my Liver which had ruptured and was spilling cancerous contaminates into my body cavity as I found out later. I was given great care and guidance by Dr Elijah Dixon. Care which he still gives to this day. Never once in 4 years have I seen him look at his watch , when he is with you he gives you his complete and undivided attention answering any and all my questions.
A true and dedicated professional. He is definitely a person with a true gift , personality and integrity. I consider myself very fortunate to have the best through my dilemma and to this day.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2530561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

one should be so lucky to have him as a surgeon!!!!!! especially as a nurse, a patient and a family member he is amazing, hard to track down but very attentive when he's around!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2438193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr Dixon performed my liver resection and removed my gallbladder in September. I think he is an excellent surgeon. He is very friendly and was very informative in all my appointments with him. I only spent seven nights in the hospital. The team of doctors he works with saw me daily in the hospital. They were excellent also. I'm very happy that Dr Dixon performed my surgery and his team took care of me in the hospital. I am also very happy that Dr Dixon is treating me post-surgery. I have had four previous surgeries for Crohn's disease with some very good surgeons, but Dr Dixon is the best surgeon I have had.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1013577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

He is a great surgeon, he repaired serious damage that was done by a surgeon at a different hospital. He also has a great personality.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1013576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

I am not sure what I can say about Dr. Dixon other than he truly deserves the high rating he has here. In October 2012, after some very careful planning and scheduling he, along with his colleagues, performed an extremely difficult surgery on me that included a liver resection, splenectomy, gall bladder removal, lymph node dissection, temporary bypass, and patching of my posterior vena cava. If that wasn't enough, he also removed what i would say was a basketball sized growth from my abdomen, ( the reason for the procedure ) during what turned out to be a surgery lasting over 11 hours and dropping me approx 90lbs. It is just a couple of days past Christmas now and I have been happily at home for about 6 weeks and feeling very good. Everything is healed. My family doctor says I look better than he has ever seen me. If you are checking this out because you have been referred to him for your surgery,then you are one of the lucky ones. His manner and his skill are unmatched in my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1013575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2012

Dr. Dixon performed an emergency appendectomy on my Friday, July 13. He was very reassuring and made me comfortable and confident. I feel quite myself after only one week. I believe that he is a very capable surgeon and that you will be in good hands if you are lucky enough to have Dr. Dixon as your physician/surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1013574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

Dr Dixon performed my hepatectomy, and he was really great! He called my husband personally after the surgery! Did only saw him once at bedside but liked his two residents a lot as well. Very professional team and highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1013573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

I recently saw Dr. Dixon for a Cholecystectomy and have no complaints. Good bed side manor, and made the procedure a breeze. It has been just over two weeks and I feel perfectly fine. Amazing surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1013572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2012

Four years ago Dr Dixon treated on our son, afflicted with stage IV colorectal cancer. We got to know him very well because he operated on our son three times between December 2007 and May 2008. At all times the doctor was the epitome of professionalism, empathy, communication and follow up treatment. Could he be the finest doctor I've ever met? Never found a better one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1013571].votes_count ]]