Rate Dr. Janet Markland

Dr. Janet Markland's Ratings

Very rude, arrogant and totally unprofessional! Upon entering(after waiting an hour!) said there were a lot of people there for one appt. My dad, mom(who is his caregiver), and me(his daughter).Then said someone must have been smoking before they came(my dad smokes) and she was allergic so no one should smoke before they saw her! Who knew? Spent most of the appt. talking on the phone negatively about another doc. that she named! No real exam done and no follow up of any sort. Basically told him if he didn't smoke he'd be fine! Didn't have info. from family doc. or any test results organized at all and somehow tried to make it look like our fault! We did not ask to be there, but were referred for a reason obviously, yet she made us feel we were wasting her time! I know these comments are supposed to be polite, but I'm having a problem with that, as she showed no politeness or respect, so I'd better quit now! Fill in the blanks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

My husband has been seeing Dr. Markland for almost 2 years now and it is because of her he is living a relatively normal life today. He first saw her after being extremely sick and in and out of the hospital for about a year. After seeing many doctors who called his disease a "mystery" and pushed him out the door we were blessed to see Dr. Markland. She had diagnosed him within minutes of examining him and had him in the hospital starting on his medicine by the next day. It was so refreshing to meet a doctor who was so helpful, answered all our questions and took his problems very seriously. We are so thankful he got referred to such a knowledgeable and caring doctor. Her staff is also very helpful with scheduling appointments, refills, and any questions. Thank you Doctor Markland!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2011

Dr. Markland is a very knowledgeable doctor. I have been seeing her for the past ten years and have nothing but respect for her. The first time I saw her, she thoroughly examined me from head to toe, best exam I've ever had. She knew what the problem was and the treatment options available. She is very intelligent with a long list of patients waiting to see her. She can be abrupt, but she is straight to the point and honest about outcomes. And yes, sometimes she is late, but I don't mind the wait as I know that she is spending important time with other patients that need her service. I have seen other rheumys and they pale in comparison to her. She is a great advocate for her patients ensuring that other specialists are doing their utmost to assist in my care. I could not have wished for a better Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2010

I used to be a Registered Nurse and a nursing instructor for many years. I am very familiar with both positive and negative behaviours in physicians. Dr. Janet Markland's behaviour is the worst I have ever seen in a doctor. I saw her once on a referral from my doctor in 1999. When she entered the examination room, she never acknowledged me with any greeting. Instead, she immediately began yelling about another doctor whose report pointed to a health problem in me. She screamed at me most of the appointment. I was pursuing a work disability claim at the time and was caught in a no win situation with her. I felt I could not afford to walk out of that ugly scene. I was devastated listening to this angry woman's rant. I kept my cool but was emotionally drained and had to compose myself before I drove home. The SGEU arbitrator on my case cited her negative comment about me. I never won that claim. Yet I have been unable to work since 1997.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

Took my elderly mother to see this physician as she was referred by her unsuspecting GP and was able to get an appointment right away (that should have clued us in immediately). Diagnoses made from across the room minus any testing or examination. Mumbling and rude with responses to questions asked. Gave my mother an injection that she then charged for at the desk. NEVER again will we step foot in this office. Her diagnosis was completely incorrect and thankfully we resumed care with a another competent and professional rheumatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2008

After being 45 mins. late, she told me that I'm costing the Province too much. This visit alone was $1000 & that the tests & time my other doctors had done had cost a lot already. She wasn't going to make a mountain out of a mole hole & use the whole Provincial budget on trying to find out what's wrong with me. She also told me about her 74 yr old father dieing of a heart attack so she has to eat right, get exercise, etc. & that stress gives her chest pains and since she's over weight she would have to be careful. After waiting another 10-15 mins while she looked over the reports from my GP & Internal Medicine Specialist the students left & while standing in the doorway near the check-in desk she told me that there were other tests they could run, but it wasn't worth it as she figured it was all stress and I should find a good psychiatrist. The students did most of the work & the little time she spent was waving talking or saying the students findings were minor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

I can't believe all the comments I have been reading because the doctor I went to see was so nice and kind to me. She seemed very thorough and knowledgeable as well. She took all kinds of time with my appointment. In fact, I think she was one of the nicest doctors I have ever been to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2007

Well, she was unprofessional, arrogant and judgmental (thought I was faking it and then when she did find something got verbally abusive when I indicated the pain was also in another area other than where she thought it should be) . She was also inept. Does Saskatoon have ANY good rheumatologists? The other one absconded to the States with his secretary and left everyone in the lurch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2007

worst experience I`ve had!!!spent MY time on the speaker phone with another dr`s resident discussing NOT me but another patient !!Made several assumptions & suggestions on my condition but did little if any examination.No questions were asked as she was on the phone. Not only did I waste my DAY I was made to feel that I was wasting hers..I hope the lady after me did not hear this doctor discuss my condition as I did Mrs X..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2007

I saw this dr in December and as a result had several tests ran. After a few calls to her office this spring to get the results and to see if it warranted a followup with her, I have yet to hear back from her. I finally had to go to my gp to get the results. Very disappointing to say the least!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2091621].votes_count ]]