Dr. David Zackon

Rate Dr. David Zackon

Dr. David Zackon's Ratings

I'm sure he's very knowledgeable, but he doesn't take the time to answer questions, and seems annoyed that a patient would even ask anything. The front desk staff is really nice, but I found the staff doing some of the tests to be a bit abrupt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2438240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I saw Dr. Zackon for the first time a few weeks back. I found him to be courteous and professional. He took time to listen to me, and is providing follow-up care. The staff and technicians are also very positive and polite in what is an extremely busy office setting. Great work!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

I suffer from Intracranial Hypertension (IH) and have unfortunately been left in the care of Dr. Zackon. In my opinion, he is uneducated and rude. He believes that I can be cured if I simply lose weight. I tried to direct him to the IH Research Foundation website so that he could inform himself of recent (since the 70s when he had learned about IH in school)findings and stats regarding my condition. One fact is that there is NO cure! I have seen Zackon 3 times, and each time, I have to hear the lecture about weight loss and how I should see a local doctor to lose weight. I swear he's getting $ for referals. He barely looks at my eyes and is not very willing to answer questions. I believe if I was not overweight, he may give my vision the attention that it deserves.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

Dr.zackon is VERY busy. He is also very academic and he works very hard. Constantly doing new research. YES .. He is not the most social, 'fluffy' guy. YES he is hard on people who have weight to lose... Because he knows what it will do to a person over time, and not just your sight. He told me the same thing about my weight, and I'm working on it. Unfortunately with large patient loads he doesn't get the time to stay and answer questions...it's a shame, but to see that many patients-you have to. He has 30+ years of experience... Your doctor referred you to him for a reason. Listen to him. If you don't like what he has to say.. Don't go back. There is a patient, waiting to take your place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

This doctor is very unhelpful and does not want to spend time with his patients. I have eye issues from a brain problem that affected my optical nerve/cord. When i had one of my many appointments, i asked him if my far sight vision got worse, all he said is,"We have no way of telling". Come on you're an eye doctor. He tested my far sight with the words on the projector, but that must have just been a little game. If you get this doctor, run and get a second opinion!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

2 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa. I am just 45 years old and have never had any vision issues. I had my appointment with Doctor Zackon. I took a test that was done with 3 more people in the same room at the same time and the technician talking to all of us at once. It was very distracting. I then went into Dr. Zackon's office and, in a mere 5 minutes, I was told the BAD news and that my driver's license would be taken away from me. When asked if he could explain to me more about this incurable eye disease, Dr. Zackon's answer was "Just Google it" and that I would get a call from a retinal specialist the next day. Well, it has been almost 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. There is a lot of bad and confusing information on the Internet about medical issues including this disease and to not at least get a brief polite explanation of a incurable eye disease and a list of approved web sites to visit from a medical professional is completely unacceptable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2012

A wonderful caring doctor!! Found out i had MS and was very distraught...gave me his cellular number to reach him if i needed him!! no other doctor does that these days.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2012

Since I had an aneurysm I have been seeing him. He comes in late to appointments (more often than not it's an intern that's late first and then he comes in after), makes his diagnosis and doesn't find out if you have any questions. Physical conditions aside I'm now seeking a second opinion. It might be the same opinion as him, but I can't say I was very pleased at all with how I was treated. He might medically be sound but there is so much more than medical knowledge. My bet is that he's heard all this before but hasn't changed the way he operates in his day-to-day. See him if you must, but get a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2012

Very rude, unpleasant and poor interpersonal skills. Rough with staff and students training under him. Does not answer questions. Run miles away from him if you can- there are other better and more professional neuro-ophthalmologists in town.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2011

I woke up one morning and had lost sight in my right eye. I was a fit, healthy 26 year old at the time (4 years ago) and I never had any eye probelms or major health issues so it was pretty scary. After seeing 8 eye doctors in a span of 4 days I decided to try the Eye Institute and met Dr. Zackon. I agree, he is a little abrupt but that's just because he wants you to get to the point so he can figure out the solution. Anyhow, he figured out what my problem was after doing the same tests every single other doctor performed. After follwing his instructions, my vision eventually came back a few days later. SO, do you REALLY need a warm and fuzzy doctor or one that will fix you??? Cuz in my case, those 8 nice and warm and fuzzy doctors couldnt fix the problem and only made things worse by telling me I may have MS, or I may have had a stroke or I may never see again...but they sure were nice!! :s Anyhow,I would take knowledgeable over smiley ANY day...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014326].votes_count ]]