Dr. David Zackon

Rate Dr. David Zackon

Dr. David Zackon's Ratings

this doctor is an idiot. he is soooooo rude, so condescending and makes people feel like they are wasting his time. he should not be in this business if he doesn't want to help people. how can i give a negative star, because his not even worth half a star.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I give this doc big fat zero, not only is he rude and insulting, but giving answers like I can't help you , is down right ignorant. He is for sure not smarter than a fight grader!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

very pleasant; office very busy but staff very pleasant. Not one issue!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

The staff at the front desk are very helpful and pleasant. It is a different story re the technician. He was rude both times I went. I am very short, under 4 ft and had difficulty reaching the test. He insisted I sit on an old beat up pillow. I have Lupus, & severe osteoporosis , breaking bones very easily and cannot get up on the pillow . I also use a scooter. He was rude, spoke harshly, didn't want todo the test and I insisted in doing it as I managed. He was annoyed that I had a scooter in the hall. So if you are handicapped, short, or anything else that doesn't please him leave or fight for your rights!! Dr. Zakon was great and explained any question I asked and sent the results to my Dr. Immediately. The one staff terrible not the rest

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2682501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

I'm sure he's very knowledgeable, but he doesn't take the time to answer questions, and seems annoyed that a patient would even ask anything. The front desk staff is really nice, but I found the staff doing some of the tests to be a bit abrupt.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2438240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I saw Dr. Zackon for the first time a few weeks back. I found him to be courteous and professional. He took time to listen to me, and is providing follow-up care. The staff and technicians are also very positive and polite in what is an extremely busy office setting. Great work!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

I suffer from Intracranial Hypertension (IH) and have unfortunately been left in the care of Dr. Zackon. In my opinion, he is uneducated and rude. He believes that I can be cured if I simply lose weight. I tried to direct him to the IH Research Foundation website so that he could inform himself of recent (since the 70s when he had learned about IH in school)findings and stats regarding my condition. One fact is that there is NO cure! I have seen Zackon 3 times, and each time, I have to hear the lecture about weight loss and how I should see a local doctor to lose weight. I swear he's getting $ for referals. He barely looks at my eyes and is not very willing to answer questions. I believe if I was not overweight, he may give my vision the attention that it deserves.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

Dr.zackon is VERY busy. He is also very academic and he works very hard. Constantly doing new research. YES .. He is not the most social, 'fluffy' guy. YES he is hard on people who have weight to lose... Because he knows what it will do to a person over time, and not just your sight. He told me the same thing about my weight, and I'm working on it. Unfortunately with large patient loads he doesn't get the time to stay and answer questions...it's a shame, but to see that many patients-you have to. He has 30+ years of experience... Your doctor referred you to him for a reason. Listen to him. If you don't like what he has to say.. Don't go back. There is a patient, waiting to take your place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

This doctor is very unhelpful and does not want to spend time with his patients. I have eye issues from a brain problem that affected my optical nerve/cord. When i had one of my many appointments, i asked him if my far sight vision got worse, all he said is,"We have no way of telling". Come on you're an eye doctor. He tested my far sight with the words on the projector, but that must have just been a little game. If you get this doctor, run and get a second opinion!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

2 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa. I am just 45 years old and have never had any vision issues. I had my appointment with Doctor Zackon. I took a test that was done with 3 more people in the same room at the same time and the technician talking to all of us at once. It was very distracting. I then went into Dr. Zackon's office and, in a mere 5 minutes, I was told the BAD news and that my driver's license would be taken away from me. When asked if he could explain to me more about this incurable eye disease, Dr. Zackon's answer was "Just Google it" and that I would get a call from a retinal specialist the next day. Well, it has been almost 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. There is a lot of bad and confusing information on the Internet about medical issues including this disease and to not at least get a brief polite explanation of a incurable eye disease and a list of approved web sites to visit from a medical professional is completely unacceptable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1014330].votes_count ]]