Rate Dr. Johanna Mugford

Dr. Johanna Mugford's Ratings

She's a genuine person in her bedside manner and she likes to chat.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2545147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

I agree with many of the parts about the office being busy and Johanna running behind, however I to forgive this because she has never rushed me during my time. Rather than get upset I call ahead and ask if she is behind and how long. This has always shortened my wait. I love her staff and really miss Ann since she retired. She delivered my daughter and my daughter (now a teen) loves her. What I really would like to point out is that most doctors now have nurses or clinics to give needles. My daughter is terrified of needles but will accept her fate of Johanna gives it, which she has never refused by daughter's request in over 15 years.
If I moved I to would travel for her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Dr. Mugford is FANTASTIC. We have been with her for over 10 years. She is very knowledgeable and do not hesitate to make a referral to specialists if she feels that it is necessary. She is so patient and never rushes us. She is very busy and sometimes is a little bit behind (however we know that she is behind because she is doing a great job with other patients and once it is our turn to be called she will do the same to us). It is always worth waiting to see her. She has amazing bedside manners. Her nurses are very good as well. The office staff are very busy and calling the office can be frustrating; however, they have always been polite with us. She is an amazing doctor! We have moved to a different city but we still travel for almost 1 hour to see her because We feel that it will be very hard to find a doctor that is as good as doctor Mugford! We love her!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2438286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Dr. Mugford is a warm doctor with an excellent bedside manner. Unfortunately, there are some particular areas of concern. For example, on two occasions, she and the office staff were unable to locate my file. At my two last physicals, Dr. Mugford promised to refer me to a specialist for extreme back pain and never followed through. When I phoned the receptionists to enquire, they were rude and said they would give her the message. They never do! On another occasion I asked to have an appointment to follow-up about my back and I was told "There are no appointments for several weeks" and then hung up on. I feel very disappointed in this office and would highly recommend you go elsewhere!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Mugford. She has been our family doctor for over 10 years and she never fails to impress me with her caring manner, probing questions, and personal follow up phone calls. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2012

I just had a visit with Dr. Mugford and as usual, she took the time to answer all my questions, was very thorough in her check up and always pleasant and kind. They say children are great judges of character and I must say they adore her, she has been their GP since their delivery and has always shown kindness and conscientiousness towards her patients. Yes she is often behind in her appointments but that is because she takes her time with you and allows you to express your concerns.She is the epitome of what is a great doctor. I haven't yet experience the rudeness of the admin staff stated in the other ratings. They are very busy so what comes across as rudeness may be brusque efficiency. Otherwise, Dr Mugford for me is the standard bearer of what doctor's were once was and what they should aspire to today.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

Johanna is a very good doctor and is very thorough. She has been our family doctor for many years now. I agree she has dropped the ball a bit--forgetting follow up calls and referral appointments, but this can be forgiven based on her caring nature--it's really hard to find a doctor that actually cares. She has never rushed me and has always been there for our family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Mugford was my doctor during my first pregnancy - I see another Dr. in the practice. She is friendly, maternal, and yes, maybe a little scattered. I wouldn't hesitate to see her again, but truly, the reception staff at Davisville Fam P are among the worst I've ever encountered. Absolutely no skill, tact, or manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2011

excellent doctor. Very helpful, knowledgable and compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

Dr. Mugford is very pleasant and generally knowledgeable doctor. However, I agree with a previous poster that referrals are not her strong point! Check and check often!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015026].votes_count ]]