Rate Dr. Jay B. Reeck

Dr. Jay B. Reeck's Ratings

I had a oral cyst removed, and was never told of any possible complication or problems .He just wanted to operate.I opted for the surgery to remove a non cancerous cyst. I was never told of any risks it seemed so routine. I even told the doctor to cut as little as possible right before the surgery. I was told by the staff after the surgery to go get a slurpy . I did that and found out that by sucking a straw I had opened a hole in my soft palette. Dr Reeck acted shocked and even suggested I use fixo dent to close it off from food entering into my nasal septum...my other doctor thought that was crazy. In fact the other doctor thought he cut too deep and when he cauterized the hole he opened a hole i n my palette and septum. Dr Reeck wanted to do another surgery right away to close it. My other Doctor suggested we let it heal for a while and maybe it would close or a least regenerate more healthy tissue to work with. Dr Reeck surgery skills maybe good, but his post surgery follow up is terrible . I could not get him to call back. He has little empathy when he makes a mistake or things go wrong he takes no responsibility. I suggest you look around before you hire him to find someone who trains his staff better, This Doctor has no better bedside manners and show little interest in the outcomes of his patients. Heck he never would even call me personally to see what was wrong when I called. You can do better than this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Dr. Reeke is very thorough and knowledgeable. He provided excellent service and prescribed methods for my health concern. I would highly recommend him to others. His medical assistant Connie is great at getting follow-up appointments and calls. Front office staff could be more attentive but did ok.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2013

Dr. Reeck is outstanding, as is Bobbie Lee, the audiologist. I wouldn't want to see another ENT doctor. Perhaps Murphy's Law was in action, but the clerical follow through was horrendous.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2013

Oregon Ear Nose & Throat Center is a "Class-A" practice. We have experience with both Dr. Reeck and Dr. Chambers, both of whom have been amazing. Dr. Reeck performed major surgery on Bugsy, and his bedside manner is top-notch: he is empathetic, down to earth, comprehensive, and holds himself to a high level of excellence. He builds confidence in his patients, is extremely knowledgeable, and in a sea of medical madness, really owns his work with a patient from start to finish. Follow-up and aftercare have also been spot-on. His medical assistant, Connie, is amazing and an extremely caring individual. Dr, Chambers has worked with one of our children, and he too is fantastic. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

He is wonderful. Fixed the hole in my eardrum and I can hear again. Get to see him again tomorrow:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

My husband and I have both seen Dr. Reek and he was most considerate. He was very professional and compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2008

Also very disappointed, my experience was much the same as the above poster. I also tried to see another ENT in that office (5/6 ENT's in the area are there), but was refused a "change of care" request.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2008

I was very disappointed when I went to see Dr. Reeck. I was experiencing many symptoms from a viral infection and my doctor referred me to him for some further testing. He was late, in a hurry to do the minimum necessary to complete the appointment and when I proceeded to ask questions he was very short with me. I insisted on getting my questions answered and he turned to me, put his hand on his hip and told me "this is a 15 minute appointment and it is now over" and walked out the door. I tried to change doctors at the same office with my reason being that he was rude to me and had a bad bedside manner. I did not talk mean or angry to the desk girl, I just wanted a different doctor. Soon after I received a letter in the mail telling me that they find it necessary to withdrawal from further professional care. I am no longer allowed to see any doctors at Oregon Ear Nose and Throat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1015511].votes_count ]]