Dr. James B. McCabe

Rate Dr. James B. McCabe

Dr. James B. McCabe's Ratings

Dr. McCabe is one the best in quality and in care.He came to the aid of my daughter at 2 in the morning once he read her chart and the severity of my daughters condition.He even brought his own eye tools that the ER did not have.So thankfull that we have a true professional treating our daughter.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

Just called to make a followup appointment for my son & was advised that Dr. McCabe is no longer practicing in Edmonton. As I was unable to post this comment without ratings, I've put blanket 5's on everything as that was our experience on our first (and only) appointment.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr. McCabe is an amazing ophthalmologist! He clearly knows what he is doing. After years of thinking there was nothing to be done for my strabismus, I was referred to him and he gave me hope! His office staff are FANTASTIC, they are always so helpful on the telephone and quick to get me in! I got hit in the eye with a ball and they got me in to see him right away!

Submitted Nov. 8, 2013 | flag

Had strabismus surgery with Dr. McCabe as an adult and everything went really well. Great Doctor. Put me at ease about the surgery. I would reccomend him to anyone.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2013 | flag

what a wonderful, wonderful caring man, along with dr. chris wait,, they are amazing

Submitted Oct. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr.McCabe is an amazing Opthamologist, He has been attending to my 17 year old son since the night he (my son) was brought into Emergency after he was struck and run over by a welding truck, where he suffered major trauma to his head, including his left eye, which was unresponsive at the time. Since then his eye has regained sight and is still progressing. When we visit for follow up appointments he is always positive & excited to see the progress that has been made and he is always very attentive & extremely thorough. We have seen many specialists in this time, all of them very good, but Dr.McCabe stands out amongst the crowd for his exceptional dedication, enthusiasm and professionalism. He is also the most personable and friendly Doctor and we look forward to the 2 hour drive to our next appointment. Stephanie Thiessen from Edson,AB

Submitted Jan. 2, 2013 | flag

I had the privilege and honor to meet Dr. McCabe and after 5 strabismus surgery with different doctors, he made the number six and I have no words to describe how great job he has done. He as a person is very easy to communicate with and very friendly. Dr. McCabe is definitely the best doctor I have ever met. He is the number one to be recommended. Peter.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2012 | flag

Best doctor I have ever dealt with. I have iritis and get a flare up every year or so. Dr McCabe always gets me in ASAP no questions asked and fixes it pronto. Very easy to talk to and always very personable. Consider yourself very lucky if you are treated by Dr McCabe. Why can't all doctors be this great?

Submitted Nov. 2, 2012 | flag

I had corrective strabismus surgery at 36. By far the best thing thats ever happened to me. James McCabe's attention to detail, mannerism, and unique skills are over the top. It's rare to find such passion and dedication for ones craft these days. I am so lucky to have had this repair completed by Dr. McCabe and am grateful for all the children he has helped before me. It's changed my life. Thank you.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2012 | flag

Dr.McCabe is our family's hero. Our daughter had the worst case of stabismus he had seen and gave us 3 possible outcomes for her surgery. He compared result number 3(the best result possible) to winning the lottery as she had been undiagnosed by her pediatrition for so long. Well, after he performed surgery we found out we had truely won the lottery. She now has 3D vision for the first time in her 5 years. When dealing with us he was kind, patient and took his time to answer all of our quesitons. He spoke in language we could understand and truely cared about our daughter the results. Cannot say enough good!

Submitted July 23, 2012 | flag