Rate Dr. Daniel J. Alpert

Dr. Daniel J. Alpert's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Alpert over 2.5 years and have always found him to be courteous, informative, and knowledgeable. He has fully answered my questions and listened to my opinions. Dr. Alpert has taken the time to discuss issues I have brought up even when not directly related to my condition. The office staff has been efficient and helpful.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2012 | flag

I have consistently found both Dr Alpert and his staff to be an ocean of calm in a sea of pain. He is extremely knowledgable about Chrones disease and I have suffered for many years from its debilitating effects. I have read some other patients quotes and those that left anything short of amazing reviews must be talking about someone else. I trust this man with my life(literally) and for over 10 years Dr Alpert has NEVER steered me wrong. His demeanor and professionalism are of the highest degree and I would reccommend his medical services to anyone who is smart enough to listen.My Chrones disease is in remission and has been for years .I have had major surgery so I am in a position to discuss its severity. If you suffer than you owe it to your self to se this man,he is what medicine should be.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

I came to Dr. Alpert for a second opinion, as I felt I was pretty much brushed off by the last doctor I consulted. Dr. Alpert was attentive, friendly, and obviously knew a lot more about the condition than the first doctor. After trying a new medication that gave me unpleasant side effects, Dr. Alpert advised not taking anything more and trying a different approach to controlling the condition, rather than simply throwing more pills or higher dosages at me, as has been my experience with other specialists. I appreciated being treated like an adult, being listened to, and being told realistically what I could expect in living with my condition. His staff was consistently professional, friendly and reassuring. I will go back if and when I need another consult.

Submitted June 2, 2011 | flag

Secretary is impossibly rude and a reason to go to another doctor.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2010 | flag

I think Dr. Alpert is the worst. I had a fairly easy ailment for over 25 years and was forced to switch to him when my insurance changed. Dr. A. tried to re-invent the wheel with me by trying "to cure me". I knew what was wrong with me and just wanted to continue with my old pills but he said no and gave me new pills that made me sick but he just shrugged it off. He recommended a colonoscopy which he does in his office very unprofessionally. He does them on an assembly line basis and they rush you to get dressed so they can get the next victim, I mean patient, in the room. I bled after the colonoscopy and when I called he said that it was normal but I have had other colonoscopies over the years and never bled before. It took me 3 days to fully recover. Run, don't walk, from this doc.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2009 | flag

I found Dr, Daniel Alpert on website. Due to the high rating, I trusted him and visited him. However, he refuses to discuss the symptoms with me, and just recommended a test, which I believe unuseful but he just insisted his opinion and did not listen to me at all. The test result is absolutely normal but I still feel the symptoms. So I called him. However, he did not reply my call(I called him three times)until the next week. During the phnoe, he did not ask my feeling, just urging me to make another appointment. This is the worst appiontment I made!

Submitted June 13, 2009 | flag

It seems like these raters are rating a different doctor from what I saw. I found Dr. Alpert on this site and traveled into NYC for the appointment. The secretary told me beforehand that appointments usually last 45 minutes. Because my case was relatively complex, I started to tell Dr. Alpert comprehensively about my situation. He cut me off and told me to "cut to the chase". He refused to talk about symptoms that didn't seem GI related, despite the fact that he's also a general doctor and his gastro rate (which I was paying) is higher than the general rate, and the fact that some symptoms can be ambiguous. He also refused to discuss with me the advantages and disadvantages to the different tests I could take, so I left confused. In total, he was in and out of the appointment in 25 minutes, 10 of which were spent in the middle of the appointment talking to another patient on the telephone. This was perhaps the worst doctor's appointment I've ever had.

Submitted March 29, 2009 | flag

Dr. Alpert is by far the best and quintessential internist/gastroenterologist that one can find. He always gives me quality time, is punctual. His knowledge is second to none. He performed diagnostic tests that gave me an answer immediately after unsuccessfully trying to figure out my ailment for over 2 years!! He had me feeling great in no time. I hope he continues to work for another thirty years.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2008 | flag

A good old-fashioned family doctor who just happens to be a GI specialist. He listens, takes time to answer questions and most importantly, really cares. I've been using him as my primary care MD for over a decade. He's treated me for everything from headaches to heart attack (no GI issues yet!) and helped me get top-of-the-line care at NYU Medical Center. His office staff are great, too!

Submitted Oct. 16, 2008 | flag

I was not very impressed with dr alpert. He does not accept patient input, something I believe has to do with the I went to medical school you did not complex. Ultimately you will receive satisfactory care with dr alpert, though you will not receive the benefits of the latest and greatest medicine has to offer.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2008 | flag