Dr. James A. Rodgers

Grad. Year: 1976

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. James A. Rodgers has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: what is the surgeun's age?    Email me    Answer it

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5400453
21/04/14 1 1 1 1 Dr Rodgers left me hi and dry and in terrible pain after a procedure he ordered failed. His nurse stated that he wasn't making any money off of me as a patient and I needed to go elsewhere.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 5321694
01/04/14 4 2 4 5 I have had a number of surgeries performed by Dr. Rodgers. He is such a caring person and strives to help his patients to the best of his abilities. He sees you before surgery, after surgery, calls to check on you and always there to be helpful. He has one person working for him that tries to run off patients. You know that he is going to be running behind on seeing patients but as I said "you know he is running late".
Insurance: Humana
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.7
RID: 3643488
28/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rodgers has a great manner that is hard to find these days. You get a feeling that he is completely confident about what he is saying without the arrogance that some doctors display. I have two bulging disc in my neck but after a complete exam he has recommended we monitor the problem and not jump straight to surgery. It makes you feel good to know a "surgeon" isn't cut happy and will try other methods to help you. Dr. Rodgers has also fixed both wrist for carpel tunnel syndrome and I am happy with those results as well. He is busy and it takes some time to get an appointment but it is well worth the wait. Everyone calls him "Doc Rock" so you know he is awesome! LOL!!
RID: 2547271
31/01/13 1 5 1 1 In 2004 I walked in to surgery and was left permanently and totally disabled for the rest my life.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 2537981
22/01/13 4 5 5 5 I went through major back surgery in 2001. Dr. Rogers was one of two surgeons on my case. I saw the orthopedic once in his office, that was it. Dr. Rogers saw me in office pre surgery, in the O.R. before I went under anesthesia, in my room post op and even made a phone call to my home post operation. He is one of the best people I've met first, then one of the best Doctors I've dealt with secondly. He always seemed to "take time" which is a vanishing quality these days. Have no worries with this Doctor. He will undoubtedly impress you and will definitely take good care of you.
RID: 1658576
11/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rodgers took as much time as needed for me & explained each & every detail as we went over test results!!! I felt like a human & not a number. What a great experience for being at a doctors!! I loved him & the staff !!
RID: 1223420
06/08/10 1 5 5 5 Very likely the smartest, most competent doctor I have ever met in my life. Smart, and approachable and compassionate.But,......has one nurse who's sole mission is to run off patients. Sad that such a great doctor allows one nurse to bring his practice down.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 1070474
05/01/10 1 2 3 5 I think Dr. Rodgers is a good doctor but in my case the problem wasn't fixed after 2 surgeries and he had no desire to try to find out why. Most of the office staff was nice except for one nurse that unfortunetly deals alot with the patients. If she treats all his patients the way I was treated I'm amazed he has any patients.  Respond
RID: 745085

16/12/08 4 4 5 5 Very understanding and caring. Surgery went great and I felt under the best of care. Highly recommend to any patient needing spinal surgery. He has a lot of energy but I found it compassionate.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $20000
RID: 391679
24/08/07 5 5 5 5 Dr Rodgers was able to tell me what was causing the pain, and numbness in my leg. This was after seeing other doctors who could not find anything wrong. His nurses have all been so helpful. I was very comfortable with his approach to my problem. And did not feel like he was pushing me into any certain kind of treatment. He explained everything to me and gave me the choice of what I wanted done. The medicine he prescribed has worked wonders.  Respond