Dr. Albert Mollica

5 1 4.2

You may also like

Rate Dr. Albert Mollica

Dr. Albert Mollica's Ratings

Simply awesome astonishingly friendly not your stone cold practitioner but instead great music very casual but totally efficient with every step of the surgery c/w comedy to relax the patient

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2779564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

This Fall I had my bunion and hammertoe operated on by Dr. Mollica. I highly recommend him. In fact he was strongly recommended to me by someone who had Dr. Mollica correct bunions on both her feet. He was very accessible by phone when I had pre-op questions, he performed the surgery without causing me any pain and my recovery was very smooth. Overall it was a notably positive experience with no problems whatsoever! Amazing as I'd heard very negative reports over the years when I'd previously considered the operation. Dr. Mollica and Joanne his receptionist are very professional and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1016838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2013

I found Dr. Mollica to be extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and caring. He reviewed and explained the findings in my XRAYS with great details and provided me informed options. Excellent bedside manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1016837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2013

Had both feet treated for imgrown toenail issues that had been bothering me for years. A colleague recommeded Dr. Mollica, and I'd recommend this doctor to friends and family too. The doctor performed the surgery by himself; 1 operation (2 visits in total) and my condition was fixed. The best $350 I had ever spent. Like any surgery, a patient has to follow through with post-op care. But after a month, everything was healed and well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1016836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Outstanding Doctor! Very welcoming receptionist, very attentive doctor. Dr. Mollica was very knowledgeable and understanding to my foot issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1016835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

DO NOT have surgery by Dr. Mollica. Personable, yes. Approachable, yes. He does major bunion surgery in his office. I had to have two feet done, one at a time, I had been having pain for years and was at that point barely able to walk. He has "students" do his surgery. My left foot surgery was botched so badly that my foot is permanently deformed. Both feet had to be redone by a proper orthapeodic surgeon. There, 3 years of my life wasted when it could have been half that. DO NOT LET HIM NEAR YOUR FEET WITH A SCALPEL!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1016834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

Nice guy, lots of jokes and casual conversation. After the first couple appts I realized that the constant joking seems to distract from the actual job at hand. I need new shoe inserts but he wants to reuse my old ones, making me return for 4 visits to 'tweak' the modifications each time. A little tape, a little padding, come back in 6 wks. I end up paying more than the inserts cost and I still don't have inserts that work. So annoyed. AND, it takes 6 wks between appts even if you're a patient. I've spent almost 6 months so far and still do not have working shoe inserts. I went to him because I thought Podiatrist would do a better job than a chiropractor, guess I was wrong. Not returning. Waste of time, waste of money.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1016833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2012

While Dr. Mollica is personable, I don't think he had any insights into what to actually do about my foot pain. After the initial visit, he had me have x-rays done for the second visit and then spent the time during the second appointment talking about his kitchen renovation, Xmas cooking, and going over the x-ray quality, not the diagnostic information which I thought was the whole point of having x-rays done. When I asked what could be done about the foot pain, he stated surgery was the only option, but he did not recommend this. He did not know of any foot exercises, and did not recommend new orthotics. He taped the inside heel of my current orthotics and taped my feet; both procedures were totally useless, as I tend to walk on the outside edges of my feet, and the extra heel height on the inside edge strained my back & ankles. The foot taping was to stay on for two days, then removed, so that was not a long-term solution. It was a total waste of time and money to see him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1016840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

Visited for a problem with an 11 year old - he had an excellent approach to children and their fears - really brilliant at putting the child at ease. Since podiatry is not covered by MSP in BC (unless you are on premium assistance) Dr Mollica (is an opt-out physician) and can charge whatever he likes - MSP will only reimburse a fraction of this whether it is surgical or non-surgical care. Small wonder then that he will focus mostly on those patients who bring him in the most $$$!!! Blame our politicians and basic human nature!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1016832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2011

Dr. Mollica is very nice but not knowledgeable at all. He brushed off my complaint (smoothly and nicely) without much thoughts or further diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1016831].votes_count ]]