Dr. Albert Mollica

Rate Dr. Albert Mollica

Dr. Albert Mollica's Ratings

This Fall I had my bunion and hammertoe operated on by Dr. Mollica. I highly recommend him. In fact he was strongly recommended to me by someone who had Dr. Mollica correct bunions on both her feet. He was very accessible by phone when I had pre-op questions, he performed the surgery without causing me any pain and my recovery was very smooth. Overall it was a notably positive experience with no problems whatsoever! Amazing as I'd heard very negative reports over the years when I'd previously considered the operation. Dr. Mollica and Joanne his receptionist are very professional and caring.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2013 | flag

I found Dr. Mollica to be extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and caring. He reviewed and explained the findings in my XRAYS with great details and provided me informed options. Excellent bedside manners.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2013 | flag

Had both feet treated for imgrown toenail issues that had been bothering me for years. A colleague recommeded Dr. Mollica, and I'd recommend this doctor to friends and family too. The doctor performed the surgery by himself; 1 operation (2 visits in total) and my condition was fixed. The best $350 I had ever spent. Like any surgery, a patient has to follow through with post-op care. But after a month, everything was healed and well.

Submitted June 21, 2013 | flag

Outstanding Doctor! Very welcoming receptionist, very attentive doctor. Dr. Mollica was very knowledgeable and understanding to my foot issues.

Submitted May 15, 2013 | flag

DO NOT have surgery by Dr. Mollica. Personable, yes. Approachable, yes. He does major bunion surgery in his office. I had to have two feet done, one at a time, I had been having pain for years and was at that point barely able to walk. He has "students" do his surgery. My left foot surgery was botched so badly that my foot is permanently deformed. Both feet had to be redone by a proper orthapeodic surgeon. There, 3 years of my life wasted when it could have been half that. DO NOT LET HIM NEAR YOUR FEET WITH A SCALPEL!!!

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

Nice guy, lots of jokes and casual conversation. After the first couple appts I realized that the constant joking seems to distract from the actual job at hand. I need new shoe inserts but he wants to reuse my old ones, making me return for 4 visits to 'tweak' the modifications each time. A little tape, a little padding, come back in 6 wks. I end up paying more than the inserts cost and I still don't have inserts that work. So annoyed. AND, it takes 6 wks between appts even if you're a patient. I've spent almost 6 months so far and still do not have working shoe inserts. I went to him because I thought Podiatrist would do a better job than a chiropractor, guess I was wrong. Not returning. Waste of time, waste of money.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2012 | flag

While Dr. Mollica is personable, I don't think he had any insights into what to actually do about my foot pain. After the initial visit, he had me have x-rays done for the second visit and then spent the time during the second appointment talking about his kitchen renovation, Xmas cooking, and going over the x-ray quality, not the diagnostic information which I thought was the whole point of having x-rays done. When I asked what could be done about the foot pain, he stated surgery was the only option, but he did not recommend this. He did not know of any foot exercises, and did not recommend new orthotics. He taped the inside heel of my current orthotics and taped my feet; both procedures were totally useless, as I tend to walk on the outside edges of my feet, and the extra heel height on the inside edge strained my back & ankles. The foot taping was to stay on for two days, then removed, so that was not a long-term solution. It was a total waste of time and money to see him.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

Visited for a problem with an 11 year old - he had an excellent approach to children and their fears - really brilliant at putting the child at ease. Since podiatry is not covered by MSP in BC (unless you are on premium assistance) Dr Mollica (is an opt-out physician) and can charge whatever he likes - MSP will only reimburse a fraction of this whether it is surgical or non-surgical care. Small wonder then that he will focus mostly on those patients who bring him in the most $$$!!! Blame our politicians and basic human nature!!

Submitted Dec. 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Mollica is very nice but not knowledgeable at all. He brushed off my complaint (smoothly and nicely) without much thoughts or further diagnosis.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag

Buyer Beware: Dr. Mollica does not block anytime for return patients. You have to be placed on a cancellation list and jump when they say jump. As you can tell he'd rather make 145$/appt then create time for returning clients that only pay 65$/appt. He does tell a lot of jokes but it wasn't funny when he told me he has NO experience treating my particular foot injury. THANKS! You could have told me that on the phone when you asked me the reason for my booking. It cost me 145$ to find out he likes zz top and he has no idea how to treat me. At least he was honest. Not to mention he was late, and didn't bother to read ANY of my diagnostic reports. He seemed like a really nice guy, but you can tell he's accustom to treating the average foot problem. He was not up for learning about new injuries despite my plea for an action plan. I'm sure he's good otherwise. Be sure to call and make sure he can actually help you. Too bad, I really wanted to be treated by him.

Submitted Nov. 28, 2011 | flag