Rate Dr. Swarma Varma

Dr. Swarma Varma's Ratings

Submitted June 25, 2012 | flag

Dr Varma is one of the best doctors I ever had. She explains the whys and looks at your entire health picture. She also helps you with preventive care. I wish all my doctors were like her.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2011 | flag

I waited 7 hours like a fool. The staff keep saying that she would be here directly. I seriously needed meds and a check. Staff was unconcerned with a diabetic waiting so long without food or meds. When she did arrive, I heard Dr. Varma arguing with a patient. She breezed in and out so fast with very little attention to recent (4 weeks ago)lab work presented. She said I was a very pleasant patient. I guess I was too compliant. Did not return.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2009 | flag

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!I was in her office for over 3 hours total and she was only breifly with me maybe 20 mins She was ignorant and very much lacking knowledge She wanted me to see 5 dif docs and do all kind of bloodwork and also stop taking my thyroid medication and take her much higher dosage thyroid meds when that wasnt my issue and also wanted nme to beginn taking meds for depression This was all in the 20mins she seen me The main red flag is I wasnt allowed to question her science as she called it She told me to stop reading up on things and let doctors handle problems. And that she has the degree and experience not I...SHe was also very rude with her staff as well and bad mouthed them after they did what she ordered them too In my opinion shes more for the money than the health and to wait that long to not get anywhere and her english is awful as well SHe wont repest herself fo you either SHe will use sarcasm and belittle you I would never reccomend her nor will I go back to her

Submitted Nov. 4, 2009 | flag

I really got the impression that Dr Varma is one of these so called 'endocrinologists' who is only interested in diabetes. I have hypopituitarism and was very concerned about not having had any growth hormone since I moved to the states - something that GH deficient adults NEED to be on. Her response to this was and I quote 'you don't need growth hormone you've stopped growing.' I was astonished at her total lack of knowledge on the subject and wondered if next she'd be prescribing me bovine Growth Hormone! Her manner for patronizing and condescending in the extreme, particularly when she advised I 'follow her diet sheet' when I expressed concern that my entire endocrine system was out of whack as I had put on 20 pounds in 4 months and had up until then been 85 pounds for 15 years straight. She was just utterly terrible and I can't believe I waited three hours for this. She is, in a word AWFUL. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Submitted Sept. 8, 2009 | flag

I had been going to a professional, astute endocrynologist in Florida and ended up with Dr. Varma upon moving here. 1st visit I waited over an hour, and she handed me photocopies of a bunch of testimonials & outdated statistics, where the wording related to deaths and amputations was overemphasized w/exclamations, bolds, several underlines - empiracal data and outdated statistics. I tried to discuss my history of gauging carbohydrates & using insulin on a sliding scale, which worked for me - but she became histrionic & insulting. She ordered extensive bloodtests, 2d visit I hoped for the results but she ranted about a now deceased cancer patient w/diabetes who stabilized his blood sugars w/her method & showed me photocopies of his handwritten glucometer readings. I was afraid to discuss anything w/her at that point. It would not surprize me if that former patient had just written good readings to keep her from her overt reactions.

Submitted June 30, 2009 | flag

when you call ne nurse and leave a message and they tell they will get back to you they dont ive been waiting for 4 days and havent heard back from anyone.

Submitted April 9, 2009 | flag

you will wait 3 hours in her office, and no one come in to tell you when she will come. and her english is so bad. I don't believe her. I did so many test, it's totally cost me 3000 dollars, but she still couldn't figure out a things. Worst doctor I ever have!

Submitted March 5, 2009 | flag

Had to wait almost 2 hours once I was in the exam room (even though the office called to tell me to be on time for my appointment). She told me to schedule appointments with 5 different doctors and to have 4 or 5 different tests. I don't have enough time off work in a year to see all the doctors she wanted me to see and to have all the tests done. When I expressed concern over the time off work for the doctor appointments and tests, she told me to go on a Saturday. She's one of the few doctors open on Saturday. Try getting appointments or having tests done on a Saturday. Good luck!! She immediately wanted to double the dosage of medication I was on, even before seeing how the current doseage was working. While she may be a good doctor, I don't have the time to sit around for 2+ hours for an appointment, nor to make appointments for the many other things that had nothing to do with the reason why I was there.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2009 | flag

I am not a picky person at all, and I would never write a negative review unless I thought it would really help someone else. Dr. Varma was condescending to me as well, very verbose, and did not let me speak. She was very knowledgeable about diabetes, after all, it is her job, however every individual is different and she had no interest in discussing it with me. I waited 1.5 hours in her office, and she left me in tears after a rude and intimidating appointment. She set me with unrealistic expectations and was, as cruel as it sounds, a mean person. Unless you want a doctor that will invade your personal life and make it difficult, I would not recommend Dr. Varma.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2008 | flag