Rate Dr. Thomas Golin

Dr. Thomas Golin's Ratings

Although this dr was a very nice man, he also was a crook billing for things he never did . He retired because he got caught ! No one really knows where he is now!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2703346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

I miss Dr. Golin :(. Don't think I'll find another doctor quite like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I am not surprised he retired quickly. I think he was a wonderful Dr but was extremely dishonest. He billed my insurance for tests he absolutely did not run- for example, billed them for an U/S when i did not have an u/s; billed for a blood test when he had not run a blood test; billed for a pap smear- no pap smear was done etc. I called to question him about these issues and he said it was "standard billing"- well, i work in insurance billing and it is absolutely not standard. I think he may have got caught with fraudulent billing and that forced him to retire extra fast.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2679233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

I'm so disappointed Dr Golin retired! Hes been my only OBGYN. So knowledgeable & makes you feel very comfortable.
I will miss his care & dealing with his wife Linda as well.
I only wish I knew about this & received a letter since I was there in October & would've never known if I didn't call the office due to an insurance issue.
If anyone knows why I would love to know & if he will be practicing again.
Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2677105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I can not say enough positive comment about Dr. Golin and have been his patient for 20 years. He saved my life during my c-section as he scrubbed in to assist the on-call doctor and I had cervical tears which caused me to hemorrhage alot. He was compassionate when I lost my son at 20 weeks gestation due to preterm labor. Dr. Golin and his wife, Linda came to the small burial at the cemetery I had for my son. I am very upset to hear of his retirement and disappointed I did not receive a letter from him. My hope is that he is ok since he closed his practice quickly. Compassionate, patient, extremely knowledgeable, competent and honest are just a few words to describe Dr. Golin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2675906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

To say I'm crushed to hear he retired via word of mouth, is an understatement. I was there in October for a checkup and not a word was uttered about a retirement. Dr. Golin delivered my two sons and has card for my well being for 15 years. I recommended friends and family to him, who all agree, he was the best. I feel overwhelmed to have to start thee process all over with someone new. I really wish I received a
letter, had some notice....And maybe even had the chance to ask him for his personal recommendations. Ugh. Devestated.....

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2669520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

He did retire and I did get a letter but I was a current patient. He also called me beforehand to let me know. He was sad to do it but the letter said with the health care changes in 2015 he could never provide the level of care his patients need and stay in business. It happened very quickly because of that. I am devastated to see him go and don't know how I will replace him. He was incredible and saved my son's life. Other doctors are taking over his office. Same phone number and address. I'm surprised he didn't mail out the letter to everyone!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2669079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

Yes this true, but retired???? Not to sure about that!!! Informed my insurance company who knew nothing about it, as a matter of fact they still have him listed as practicing and excepting new patients. Lifeline knew nothing as well, they too had him as still practicing. Yes you want your records call Stacy, office manager at 973-316-6760, or speck to Anna at extention 2100.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2665837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Just found out he retired. A total shock. He was an excellent doctor, but I agree that a letter or a phone call would have been nice. Pretty unprofessional. Dr. Golin was part of Lifeline Medical Associates. I suggest calling them at 973-316-6760 about retrieving your medical records. You might also want to ask them if THEY knew that the doctor was retiring, and if so, why THEY didn't send a letter to his patients.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2665291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

So how do we get our medical records?? I also have questions I'd like to ask him about a bill I received for medical tests that he ordered. That's never going to happen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2657931].votes_count ]]