Rate Dr. Thomas Golin

Dr. Thomas Golin's Ratings

By far, the BEST GYN I have ever gone to. He is very knowledgeable, through, kind, and gentle. His wife Linda is great too!

Submitted Jan. 30, 2014 | flag

If you are OK with the possibility that you may be induced, and everything that entails, then this doctor may be the one for you. I must first say that Dr. Golin was great throughout my pregnancies. However, toward the end of them, he seemed to want to tailor my births around his schedule. I made it clear that I wanted to go natural, and, luckily, that's how it turned out. However, I got the impression that he wanted my babies out at times which were most convenient for him as I got closer to my due dates, talking induction before I even reached my due dates. Red flag. This caused a lot of anxiety because I didn't want to go down the slippery slope of induction/epidural/C-section. I'll never be able to prove it, but I believe he did something to induce me during my last visit(be it via putting a prostaglandin gel on my cervix during my exam or whatever). Everything worked out fine, but shortly after that last visit, labor came on so hard and so fast, it could've easily NOT been fine.

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Golin is by FAR the BEST doctor I know. His office is very warm and inviting with his wife Linda as his receptionist. Either him or his wife ALWAYS call you back personally to give you test results and/or answer any questions you may have. Dr. Golin took excellent care of me when I had my miscarriage in January 2010. He later delivered my healthy baby girl in December 2010. He insists you call him on his cell phone no matter what time of day/night if you ever have any questions or concerns. I have sent close to 15 people to Dr. Golin since I became his patient in 2009. I can not speak highly enough of him. One thing to note...whenever you call the office for an appt. you must leave a message first and then Linda will get back to you. Once you become a patient, you can always reach Dr. Golin on his cell phone if need be. There is no other doctor I would rather see than Dr. Golin. A true expert in his field!

Submitted March 6, 2012 | flag

I began going to Dr Golin when I became pregnant about a year ago (my original gyno was not an ob). I thank God everyday that I was lucky enough to become a patient of Dr Golin's b/c my pregnancy turned out to be a partial molar pregnancy (look it up - it's very scary). This required a risky D&C, a chest x-ray, and countless blood tests and office visits. Throughout the entire process (the blood testing and office visits went on for about 10 months), Dr Golin was amazing. He would call me the moment he received my test results and would take the time to thoroughly answer any questions I had on the phone or during a visit. And even though a molar preg is extremely rare, he was very knowledgeable of the topic and I always felt safe as his patient. I finally have clearance to TTC again and after my experience, I wouldn't put my trust in any other doctor. Dr Golin is truly a gifted and talented doctor with a wonderful staff (his wife, Linda) to top it off.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2011 | flag

I found Dr. Golin through this website and needed an OB for my pregnancy. He was very patient, answered all of my questions and was very sincere (which is hard to find in today's medical world). He is also very positive and calm. I was pregnant with twins and at 31 weeks, one of the babies membrane ruptured. Dr. Golin came to meet me at the hospital at 1 am Sat morning and with his expertise and guidance, the babies were able to stay in the womb for 8 more days. He checked in on me several times a day and I felt very well cared for. He still goes to visit the boys in the NICU. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Golin and his wife Linda.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2011 | flag

I have been Dr.Golin's patient for 2 years. He is the best. I'd like to comment on the previous post--Dr. Golin is always available. He gives his cell phone number to all of his patients. You can call him any time with any issue. He is a solo practice so his hours vary--but his patient's care is never compromised!

Submitted June 29, 2011 | flag

At 29 weeks pregnant i was trying to find a doctor closer to home. This doctor had good ratings and the office was a close distance so I thought I give it a try. I called the office to make an appointment for about 3 days and each time the office was closed. It just seems unsettling and inefficient to me if you can't reach a doctor's office for this length of time. When I did finally get through I left a message, only to get a call back later to say that they weren't accepting new patients. Well, if that was the case, shouldn't they have that on their website or answering machine? In any case, I'm glad I didn't go with this provider. I found a much more accessible one in Westwood with all the efficiencies that made me feel comfortable. Please note that I'm not commenting on this provider's abilities or knowledge having no encounter at all. The 3 is just so i can add my comment.

Submitted May 24, 2011 | flag

He delivered my daughter 19 years ago and now she goes to him also! Soothing, respectful, informative, encourages you to take all the time you need. Beautiful office and great receptionist (his wife). Couldn't ask for more.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2010 | flag

After being new to Bergen County and also newly pregnant, I had one doctor, whom I couldn't stand their bedside manners. I then found Dr. Golin on this website and switched, and let me tell you, what a breath of fresh air. An amazing doctor and the receptionist Linda, is amazing too. Caring, sympathetic, excellent bedside manners. They insist you call if you have any worries, when most doctors can't be bothered. Dr. Golin even returns your call himself!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2010 | flag

One of the most caring doctors I've ever had. Literally saved my life by being thorough and finding a tumor hiding under endometriosis. The best!!

Submitted Aug. 6, 2010 | flag