Dr. Thomas Golin

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 28 reviews. Dr. Thomas Golin has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4450444
30/01/14 5 5 5 5 By far, the BEST GYN I have ever gone to. He is very knowledgeable, through, kind, and gentle. His wife Linda is great too!
RID: 2684402
20/06/13 5 5 2 4 If you are OK with the possibility that you may be induced, and everything that entails, then this doctor may be the one for you. I must first say that Dr. Golin was great throughout my pregnancies. However, toward the end of them, he seemed to want to tailor my births around his schedule. I made it clear that I wanted to go natural, and, luckily, that's how it turned out. However, I got the impression that he wanted my babies out at times which were most convenient for him as I got closer to my due dates, talking induction before I even reached my due dates. Red flag. This caused a lot of anxiety because I didn't want to go down the slippery slope of induction/epidural/C-section. I'll never be able to prove it, but I believe he did something to induce me during my last visit(be it via putting a prostaglandin gel on my cervix during my exam or whatever). Everything worked out fine, but shortly after that last visit, labor came on so hard and so fast, it could've easily NOT been fine.  Respond

03/10/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "Ridgewood" to "Paramus"

08/07/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "PARAMUS" to "WOODCLIFF LAKE", Med School changed from "Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021" to "Cornell University Medical College"
RID: 1729782
06/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Golin is by FAR the BEST doctor I know. His office is very warm and inviting with his wife Linda as his receptionist. Either him or his wife ALWAYS call you back personally to give you test results and/or answer any questions you may have. Dr. Golin took excellent care of me when I had my miscarriage in January 2010. He later delivered my healthy baby girl in December 2010. He insists you call him on his cell phone no matter what time of day/night if you ever have any questions or concerns. I have sent close to 15 people to Dr. Golin since I became his patient in 2009. I can not speak highly enough of him. One thing to note...whenever you call the office for an appt. you must leave a message first and then Linda will get back to you. Once you become a patient, you can always reach Dr. Golin on his cell phone if need be. There is no other doctor I would rather see than Dr. Golin. A true expert in his field!
RID: 1672906
30/12/11 5 5 5 5 I began going to Dr Golin when I became pregnant about a year ago (my original gyno was not an ob). I thank God everyday that I was lucky enough to become a patient of Dr Golin's b/c my pregnancy turned out to be a partial molar pregnancy (look it up - it's very scary). This required a risky D&C, a chest x-ray, and countless blood tests and office visits. Throughout the entire process (the blood testing and office visits went on for about 10 months), Dr Golin was amazing. He would call me the moment he received my test results and would take the time to thoroughly answer any questions I had on the phone or during a visit. And even though a molar preg is extremely rare, he was very knowledgeable of the topic and I always felt safe as his patient. I finally have clearance to TTC again and after my experience, I wouldn't put my trust in any other doctor. Dr Golin is truly a gifted and talented doctor with a wonderful staff (his wife, Linda) to top it off.
RID: 1634064
14/11/11 5 5 5 5 I found Dr. Golin through this website and needed an OB for my pregnancy. He was very patient, answered all of my questions and was very sincere (which is hard to find in today's medical world). He is also very positive and calm. I was pregnant with twins and at 31 weeks, one of the babies membrane ruptured. Dr. Golin came to meet me at the hospital at 1 am Sat morning and with his expertise and guidance, the babies were able to stay in the womb for 8 more days. He checked in on me several times a day and I felt very well cared for. He still goes to visit the boys in the NICU. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Golin and his wife Linda.
RID: 1475661
29/06/11 5 5 5 1 I have been Dr.Golin's patient for 2 years. He is the best. I'd like to comment on the previous post--Dr. Golin is always available. He gives his cell phone number to all of his patients. You can call him any time with any issue. He is a solo practice so his hours vary--but his patient's care is never compromised!
See Responses
RID: 1448605
24/05/11 3 3 3 3 At 29 weeks pregnant i was trying to find a doctor closer to home. This doctor had good ratings and the office was a close distance so I thought I give it a try. I called the office to make an appointment for about 3 days and each time the office was closed. It just seems unsettling and inefficient to me if you can't reach a doctor's office for this length of time. When I did finally get through I left a message, only to get a call back later to say that they weren't accepting new patients. Well, if that was the case, shouldn't they have that on their website or answering machine? In any case, I'm glad I didn't go with this provider. I found a much more accessible one in Westwood with all the efficiencies that made me feel comfortable. Please note that I'm not commenting on this provider's abilities or knowledge having no encounter at all. The 3 is just so i can add my comment.  See Responses

18/04/11 SYSTEM: 6 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1300564
24/11/10 5 5 5 5 He delivered my daughter 19 years ago and now she goes to him also! Soothing, respectful, informative, encourages you to take all the time you need. Beautiful office and great receptionist (his wife). Couldn't ask for more.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1290393
10/11/10 5 5 5 5 After being new to Bergen County and also newly pregnant, I had one doctor, whom I couldn't stand their bedside manners. I then found Dr. Golin on this website and switched, and let me tell you, what a breath of fresh air. An amazing doctor and the receptionist Linda, is amazing too. Caring, sympathetic, excellent bedside manners. They insist you call if you have any worries, when most doctors can't be bothered. Dr. Golin even returns your call himself!
RID: 1223664
06/08/10 5 5 5 5 One of the most caring doctors I've ever had. Literally saved my life by being thorough and finding a tumor hiding under endometriosis. The best!!
RID: 1102410
10/02/10 5 5 5 5 I was fortunate enough to find Dr. Golin 4 months into my first pregnancy when I became dissatisfied with the care my previous doctor was providing. I had been diagnosed with placenta previa so my baby could only be delivered via C-section, which was the last thing I wanted. For the duration of my pregnancy, Dr. Golin remained optimistic and sensitive to my concerns while still being up front about the risks and complications I needed to be aware of. A major risk was excessive bleeding from the site of the placenta upon delivery of the baby, which we hoped would not happen but it did anyway. Thanks to Dr. Golin's expertise, he was able to get the bleeding under control without having to perform a hysterectomy - even the nurses in the surgery weren't familiar with the advanced procedure he used to stop the bleeding. I cannot thank Dr. Golin enough for everything he did for me - he not only delivered a beautiful, healthy baby to me, but ensured that someday I may be able to have another.
RID: 1074586
11/01/10 5 5 5 5 I just had my third child and the best birth experience thanks to Dr. Golin! He supported my wish to have a natural medication free birth all the way. Very professional and caring! His wife who is working in the office is always nice and helpful. The best OB ever! I was so lucky to find this practice.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1050898
06/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Golin's clinical demeanor is amazing. He is a pitbull when it comes to diagnosis. Meaning, if you tell him something is wrong he believes you & does not dismiss it as you being paranoid. For example, I bled once for the first time ever between my period. He took it seriously & did not send me home with a prescription for pills. Instead, he ran tests. Several of them were negative but he did not give up. He ran a procedure & found a polyp. Though it was negative if left untreated it could have turned to cancer. I am grateful for him never giving up & never dismissing my concerns as being idle. In addition, he makes himself accessible whereas most doctors avoid patients. He will personally call you back & answer all your questions without feeling rushed off the phone. I feel this is especially beneficial when levels of anxiety can run high. I also give props to his wife for running an amazing office & answering your calls with grace & concern. Beth
Insurance: GHI
RID: 989118
16/09/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Golin is amazing. He delivered my son in July of 2008. I couldn't ask for a more professional, kind, dedicated doctor. I hope he will be able to deliver all of my future children as well. He makes you feel important, not like a number. A wonderful man and physician.
RID: 975756
30/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Golin is the most amazing doctor I have ever seen. He is calm and so professional as well as friendly and caring. He has the patience of a saint, never rushes or fails to explain and is so reliable and comforting. I have terrible anxiety related to anything medical and Dr. Golin is a godsend as his personality and demeanor stand in direct opposition to all my craziness. I recommend him to anyone who asks for my advice on a doctor and no one has ever been disappointed.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 968724
21/08/09 5 5 5 5 I have had only one pregnancy appointment so far, but it was very pleasant. Dr Golin and his wife (receptionist) are very kind and Dr Golin comes across as very gentle & compassionate and takes time listen to concerns. I would recommend him to others.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 966243
18/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Golin is an amazing doctor. His knowledge in the field is superb and he is also extremely caring. You can reach him at any hour of the day (24/7) if you have any questions or concerns. He even contacts you to see how you are doing if there is anything wrong. He specializes in high risk pregnancies. He delivered my healthy twin boys at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ. His wife Linda (the receptionist/assistant) is super sweet and nice. She warmly greets every patient when they walk through the door. Another big plus is the fact that when you schedule your appointment is when you will be seen. Overall, I highly recommend Dr. Thomas Golin as your ob./gyn.!
RID: 942366
21/07/09 5 5 5 5 Truly one of the best. Very caring, calm demeanor. I immediately felt that I was in good hands and receiving competent care. He personally called me with test results, and has explained everything to me in a clear manner. I would highly recommend him!
RID: 905125
04/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Golin is a wonderful doctor. I was recommended to him by a friend who had ovarian cancer, and I recommend him to the rest of my friends and family. He is mild mannered, patient, and thorough. He leaves no question unanswered. I was lucky enough to even have him for the first half of labor with my son - I wish he didn't go off duty! One of the best Dr.s out there.
RID: 868739
23/04/09 5 5 5 5 I feel so blessed to have found Dr. Golin. As a person who suffers from anxiety, Dr. Golin listened to every question and concern throughout my entire pregnancy. You can call him day or night and get a caring response. The day of my delivery Dr. Golin had to perform an emergency C-section. I was was never nervous because I knew I had a skilled and caring surgeon. My recovery was wonderful and I have a healthy baby girl! I owe it all to Dr. Golin. The office is also a calm and warm place. His wife Linda is the receptionist and she always greets you with a smile. It is rare today to find a practice like this!
RID: 834413
18/03/09 5 5 5 5 I was a patient of Dr. Golin's for many years (he was my obstetrician) while he was in a combined practice. When he moved (a bit far away), I stayed with that practice, trying the remaining ob/gyns over a 5-year period (including one of NJMags top doctors); however, I never felt any of those doctors matched Dr. Golin's professionalism. I recently switched back to Dr. Golin's practice and my past impressions of him were all confirmed: he is a gifted doctor, extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of women's health and thorough and sensitive in conveying information. His manner is respectful, and the pace in the office is serene, rather than rushed. My daughters and I are fortunate that to have him as a physician.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 811170
04/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Golin is very smart, kind, gentle, and helpful. I hadn't been to a GYN in about 3 years, and because I didn't like my last one, I was searching for a new one. I developed a problem before I could find a new one, and because of what I read on this site, I decided to give Dr. Golin a try. I couldn't be more pleased. Because I was in pain, I was, thank goodness, able to get an appointment the day after I called. The office is clean and well-run. I only waited 10 minutes past my appointment time, and received Dr, Golin's undivided attention as I explained the current as well as past issues. He took his time to examine me, explained what was going on, and asked if I had any questions. I am so grateful I found this WONDERFUL doctor!!
RID: 793297
18/02/09 5 5 5 5 I decided to go to Dr. Golin after seeing such great reviews here. Like many others, he met with me in his office first to discuss my medical history. On all of my various visits, he has been thorough, kind, and personable. He takes time to discuss the situation, options, and addresses any of your concerns. I never feel embarassed to ask more questions. I am so glad to have finally found a caring and knowledgeable doctor. I highly reccomend Dr. Golin, and his wife Linda is the sweetest!
RID: 792021
17/02/09 5 5 5 5 I just moved to Bergen Cty and have been looking for a new ob/gyn. A few that were recommended to me by my general practitioner don't do deliveries and, as my husband and I are planning to start a family in the coming year, I needed to find someone who does. After reading reviews of Dr. Golin on this site and others, I decided to give him a try. I was a bit nervous, as I have typically gone to women doctors in the past. I am so glad I chose him. It was truly the most pleasant ob/gyn experience I've ever had. He was so gentle and patient. As others have said, he meets you first in his office to go over history, questions, etc. Then during the exam he was extremely gentle, explaining every step prior to taking it. He then spoke to me after the exam regarding results, etc. His receptionist was truly a pleasure to deal with (which isn't very typical of doctors' staff, in my opinion). Overall, I am confident I've found a wonderful doctor to deliver my baby when the time comes.
RID: 628204
01/07/08 5 4 5 5 BEST DOCTOR. My wife used him since Nov.2006 for high risk pregnancy (pregnant at 44). Surprised there is no feedback on this doc so far. His wife Linda manages the office & appointments. He does handle too many patients, but very gentle, co-operative and helpful. Office is not the busiest office, but he spends decent time with the patient. He has his cell phone on round the clock and encourages the patient to contact him in an emergency. We consulted a couple of doctors (John Marcus, Savita Khosla), but we are lucky that we selected Dr.Golin. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
RID: 609710
06/06/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Golin is a genuinely kind and caring Dr. He took the time to meet me in his office prior to the exam- something I haven't experienced with an OB/GYN in years! During the exam he was incredibly thorough, explaining everything as it was happening. After, he spent time again to discuss everything again. He was not in a rush, he does not make you feel like a 'number', it was truly a great experience. I would highly recommend him to family or friends. His office staff is also very nice, accurate and friendly.  Respond
RID: 456322
04/12/07 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Golin for just over 10 years. He is very caring and very thorough. He also takes the time to explain EVERYTHING and you never feel rushed. He even calls you himself on the weekends/nights/whenever you need to hear back.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 390865
23/08/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Golin is a knowledgable physician. He is very thorough and takes his time with his patients. He listens and explains procedures in great depth. I would recommend him highly. He has been my gynecologist for about 15 years and has always treated me respectfully and kindly.
Insurance: HealthPartners