You may also like

Rate Dr. Brian Leonard

Dr. Brian Leonard's Ratings

Dr. Leonard is the best doctor I have ever dealt with. I am currently receiving an injection in my left eye to combat Macular Degeneration. He is always polite , professional, courteous, attentive and knowledgeable beyond words. His staff are always friendly and helpful. I was visibly unsure of the course of treatment, but he took the time to explain what was happening, and how the treatment could slow down - and maybe even improve my vision. His re-assurance made me feel much better, and almost a year later( and injections every six weeks) my vision has improved. I cannot thank him enough for his cander, his fantastic bedside manner and his genuine care for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2856337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Dr Leonard and his staff are there to fix your eye problems not your mental health problems. They have no time to smother you with love and minoucheries "affections". If you can't take that, well stay away. There's thousands more that will take your place and appreciate them. Denis Roy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2698026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

Had the privilege of seeing Dr. Leonard following my assessment at the Eye Institute. Dr. Mitsioulis informed me that I needed to see a Retina specialist and personally escorted me to Dr. Leonard's office. Dr. L was on his way to OR and yet took the time to see me immediately and explained the required procedure - a vitrectomy for a macular hole repair in detail including post-op requirements. Dr. Leonard is a very kind and soft spoken individual who genuinely cares about his patients and their well-being. I am not apprehensive about the procedure knowing he is performing the surgery. Lucky to have him at our hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

This is an amazing dedicated doctor. He fixed my macular hole and has such a wonderful bedside manner. You are lucky to have him as your doctor. I can not praise him enough. He deserves a medal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1018412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

Dr Leonard is not only an exceptional Dr but also a very fine man..I know of which I speak as I was a nurse all my life and had contact with many.The Ottawa Eye Institute is a wonderful place and great staff..went there Xmas morning and met Dr.Leonard..so kind and compassionate and he made the diagnosis of WMD so much easier to take as I am already blind in one eye from a previous episode of WMD in NS.Had injection of avastin and now getting Lucentis..eyesight has improved from 20/40 to 20/25 so forever grateful to Dr Leonard and all the staff...I recieved immediate and very competent care and at 80 yrs of age on Xmas morning from an extremely competent Dr Leonard.Thank you Dr...so important to me at this stage of my life..I fear blindness and you made a bad situation so much better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1018411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

Beware of Dr Brian Leonard, retina specialist at the Eye Institute; a time bomb! He is an abusive monster. I reported his abusive, intimidating, threatening, monstrous behaviour to the Ottawa Police and to his supervisors, yet nothing was done to penalize this mad man. Not only was he brutally verbally abusive of me, while physically preventing me from moving as he was physically hovering all over me (probably views me as a vulnerable, small disabled woman with a cane), but he did not even perform the laser surgery that I required urgently in order to prevent my losing my sight! For weeks, this monster left me at risk of losing my sight permanently! He kept yelling at me, according to him, because I did not smile at him, and later on stated "aren't you glad I didn't have a gun..." in the most disturbing and creepy manner. What did he mean by that? That he would have killed me? Unfortunately, fighting for our fundamental rights in Canada, when it comes to abusive doctors is impossible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1018413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Dr.Leonard walks on water. He had the patience to test my eyes over a 10 month period using the most advanced testing techniques. My fear was not unfounded. Retinal damage was caused by drug toxicity which another ophthalmologist dismissed since blindness is a RARE side effect. Dr. L assured me that the condition would not worsen since quitting the drug. Thank you Dr. Leonard

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1018410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2013

Dr Leonard rocks ! I had a serious eye condition, with complications, and had to have complex emergency eye surgery. Two months afterward, the affected eye was back to 20/20 and no reason to think I'll have any further problems. I was waaay stressed about it all, but Dr. L's calm and compassionate manner was a great help. Also very reassuring was how his decades of experience in, and commitment to, helping people maintain their vision showed. He just had a really competent air - and of course the successful result speaks for itself. (Staff was awesome too, answered a lot of questions, etc).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1018409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

I was referred to Dr Leonard in Sept 78 with what was diagnosed as malignant ocular melanoma. He,together with Dr. Maroon of the Ottawa Cancer Clinic treated this agressively for two years and he subsequenntly monitored the situation for an additional 25+ years. There has been no reoccurence or any related problems. I cannot say enough good things about this gentleman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1018408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2011

I was treatted by Dr Leonard on an emergency basis while on a business trip from Brazil. He also met with me when I returned tto Canada 6 months later. He is an excellent and dedicated phyician and his staff answered (from Brazil) my questions concerning recovery. I wil lalways be grateful to Dr. Leonard and his team for their professionalism and compassion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1018407].votes_count ]]