Rate Dr. Greg Blaney

Dr. Greg Blaney's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Dr. Blaney saved my life! I had lyme dz which was misdiagnosed as demyelinating disease. After each steroid shot I was getting one step closer to death. Joint pain, muscle pain, stiff neck and puffy eyes meant nothing to the specialists. Oh here is some gabapentin go home and stop fighting your diagnosis. Well I'm glad I did. Thank you anyone who takes the time to shares their experiences and rate the MDs. This is How I found Dr. Blaney. Thank you Dr. Blaney for giving me my life back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2438513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

I was initially nervous about seeing Dr. Blaney because he is a private physician, and I had already spent thousands of dollars on practionners who couldn't provide me with a diagnosis, let alone any relief. I decided to take the plunge based on the positive reviews I read on this site. Now is my turn to add my own positive review: Dr. Blaney is worth every penny. My appointments with him have been nothing short of miraculous. He is as caring and respectful as he is knowledgeable and his office is a non-judgemental healing space. I am so grateful for his support.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2013

Dr. Blaney came highly recommended. The treatment was helpful, but only found out after 3 visits that he is not registered as an Osteopath in BC so my insurance wouldn't cover his services. Wish I'd been informed of this earlier. Also had quite a few problems with his receptionist. She initially was going to charge $900 for a first visit, kept people waiting while taking personal calls, was not helpful in trying to get claim covered with insurance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

I know it's expensive to see a private doctor, however, it is preferable to see someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about helping others who has no limits in terms of what tools he can use to make you ultimately healthy again. That's what Dr. Blaney is about. He doesn't give his patients blank stares which is all BC public doctors seems to be able to do (and get paid for it by tax payers) it's ridiculous. Dr. Blaney will pull out all the stops to diagnose you. He works with you, he is never condescending or pratronizing (as we are all aware of what goes on in public health). Public health doctors do not hold a candle to this man. Even walking into his office is an "experience" in and of itself. He wants to inspire people to heal and does so with many tools and "outside of the box" thinking. It's exceptional, and I just wish the BC Government would wake up and smell the coffee on our health care system and how their penny pinching, bureaucratic messy ways have ruined BC Health

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

I am appalled that anyone would complain about the cost of improving or in my case saving your life and health. I have been a patient of Dr Blaney for almost 5 years I can tell you what I pay for his services for 1 year is what I paid for 1 phone consult with a Dr in the US when I was first looking for help,I can honestly say he saved my life., In those 5 years of being a patient ( and I live across Country from him ) there has not been a single time I have had a question or needed assistance for understanding of something that he has not been available to answer. I feel we need more Drs like him in Canada. I have been to or had phone consults I believe last count was 37 Drs prior to finding Dr B and I have never met or spoke to a more knowledgeable, kind caring dr and person. Who again also saved my life as I was a pain riddled mess when I went to him the first time with a list of about 100 other symptoms had I not met him I would like be on long term disability now or worse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

Hands down, the best. Dr.Blaney not only excels in his field, osteopathy,general medicine, as well as alternative treatments, but is patient, compassionate, and tells it like it is. He has diagnosed me correctly when no one else could, and on a couple of occasions, has referred me to the right specialists that I need to see. Over a span of 13 years with experiencing consistent excellence, I recommend him highly for not only his knowledge, but integrity. I am beyond grateful for his expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

I must first add the disclaimer that I have never met Dr.Blaney, as I have only contacted his staff to schedule a consultation. First I was told that a consult would be approximately $375.00. After I told his staff over the phone that it was for "back pain" they later told me the consult would need to be longer and cost $975.00. I asked, but was not permitted to make an appointment for a shorter consultation costing $375.00. $975.00 for a 1.5 hour consultation--Dr. Blaney may be the best in his field, but he might have lost sight of helping people in favor of making exorbitant amounts of money. I will find another osteopath.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

dr Blaney is very knowledgeable and able to help.He made a difference where other docs could not.We call him the "private detective doctor"..He looks at the symptoms and goes to find the root problem.He does not always depend on bloodtests..Thank God for that!!...Nothing wore than doctors telling you you are fine when you know you are not because your bloodtests say so.For example, imagine being sick as a result of food poisining for years and having gone to every specialist only to be told nothing was wrong after all the blood and urine tests.Yet one visit to Dr Blaney ,without testing,he reasoned out what it could be, got the right pills and actually being well again.Imagine being told you had no thyroid problems because your bloodtest said it was ok and yet he knew by my body I did have a thyroid problem and a a result feeling better.I send my husband to Dr Blaney and recommend him to all my friends.there is a line up and quite a wait to see him..it is absolutely no wonder!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2012

Dr. Greg, Is brilliant, gentle, compassionate and in a league of excellence very few physicians or osteopaths can ever hope to enter. He can offer HEALING and RECOVERY where most other practitioners offer only coping.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019943].votes_count ]]