You may also like

Rate Dr. Greg Blaney

Dr. Greg Blaney's Ratings

Wow! Dr. Blaney is a breath of fresh air! In the midst of battling a rare chronic illness, Dr. Blaney helped me within his field of knowledge to the best of his abilities. Unlike most of the 20+ doctors I've seen, he took his time to sit down and truly listen to all of my symptoms and history, trying to investigate the missing pieces. He was empathetic, professional and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2838948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I went to him for help with my condition, all he did was treat me with osteopathy and make a random uneducated guess on what condition was plaguing me, with no empirical evidence backing it up.(the condition I had could have been 10 different things simply based on my symptoms). I'm certain he is knowledgeable about a number of conditions but he showed a complete disregard when it came to my well being. Also very expensive,save your money and get your osteopathy done with someone who is registered, which helped my joints be pain free yet in no way heal my condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Dr. Blaney saved my life! I had lyme dz which was misdiagnosed as demyelinating disease. After each steroid shot I was getting one step closer to death. Joint pain, muscle pain, stiff neck and puffy eyes meant nothing to the specialists. Oh here is some gabapentin go home and stop fighting your diagnosis. Well I'm glad I did. Thank you anyone who takes the time to shares their experiences and rate the MDs. This is How I found Dr. Blaney. Thank you Dr. Blaney for giving me my life back!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2438513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

I was initially nervous about seeing Dr. Blaney because he is a private physician, and I had already spent thousands of dollars on practionners who couldn't provide me with a diagnosis, let alone any relief. I decided to take the plunge based on the positive reviews I read on this site. Now is my turn to add my own positive review: Dr. Blaney is worth every penny. My appointments with him have been nothing short of miraculous. He is as caring and respectful as he is knowledgeable and his office is a non-judgemental healing space. I am so grateful for his support.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2013

Dr. Blaney came highly recommended. The treatment was helpful, but only found out after 3 visits that he is not registered as an Osteopath in BC so my insurance wouldn't cover his services. Wish I'd been informed of this earlier. Also had quite a few problems with his receptionist. She initially was going to charge $900 for a first visit, kept people waiting while taking personal calls, was not helpful in trying to get claim covered with insurance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

I know it's expensive to see a private doctor, however, it is preferable to see someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about helping others who has no limits in terms of what tools he can use to make you ultimately healthy again. That's what Dr. Blaney is about. He doesn't give his patients blank stares which is all BC public doctors seems to be able to do (and get paid for it by tax payers) it's ridiculous. Dr. Blaney will pull out all the stops to diagnose you. He works with you, he is never condescending or pratronizing (as we are all aware of what goes on in public health). Public health doctors do not hold a candle to this man. Even walking into his office is an "experience" in and of itself. He wants to inspire people to heal and does so with many tools and "outside of the box" thinking. It's exceptional, and I just wish the BC Government would wake up and smell the coffee on our health care system and how their penny pinching, bureaucratic messy ways have ruined BC Health

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

I am appalled that anyone would complain about the cost of improving or in my case saving your life and health. I have been a patient of Dr Blaney for almost 5 years I can tell you what I pay for his services for 1 year is what I paid for 1 phone consult with a Dr in the US when I was first looking for help,I can honestly say he saved my life., In those 5 years of being a patient ( and I live across Country from him ) there has not been a single time I have had a question or needed assistance for understanding of something that he has not been available to answer. I feel we need more Drs like him in Canada. I have been to or had phone consults I believe last count was 37 Drs prior to finding Dr B and I have never met or spoke to a more knowledgeable, kind caring dr and person. Who again also saved my life as I was a pain riddled mess when I went to him the first time with a list of about 100 other symptoms had I not met him I would like be on long term disability now or worse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

Hands down, the best. Dr.Blaney not only excels in his field, osteopathy,general medicine, as well as alternative treatments, but is patient, compassionate, and tells it like it is. He has diagnosed me correctly when no one else could, and on a couple of occasions, has referred me to the right specialists that I need to see. Over a span of 13 years with experiencing consistent excellence, I recommend him highly for not only his knowledge, but integrity. I am beyond grateful for his expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

I must first add the disclaimer that I have never met Dr.Blaney, as I have only contacted his staff to schedule a consultation. First I was told that a consult would be approximately $375.00. After I told his staff over the phone that it was for "back pain" they later told me the consult would need to be longer and cost $975.00. I asked, but was not permitted to make an appointment for a shorter consultation costing $375.00. $975.00 for a 1.5 hour consultation--Dr. Blaney may be the best in his field, but he might have lost sight of helping people in favor of making exorbitant amounts of money. I will find another osteopath.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1019945].votes_count ]]