Rate Dr. James P. Beretta

Dr. James P. Beretta's Ratings

This doctor is the very definition of unethical. Arrogant and uncaring to patients, and even rude to his staff in front of you. he performs shady under the table procedures that could possible paralyze someone someday soon. This man should not be allowed to practice medicine! Very scary he's still in practice!

Submitted Dec. 3, 2012 | flag

After going to a cancer hospital in TN for an intensely painful thorocotomy/lobectomy for carcinoid lung cancer, I came back home to B'ham in need of a pain management doctor. I called the other local pain doctors and their office staff was horrible, rude and lacking in any compassion, basically treating me like a crack addict looking for my next fix. They also wanted me to fax my entire medical history and wait MONTHS for an appointment. I am so glad I found Dr. Beretta's office! His staff is very warm and compassionate, and I was able to get an appointment within the week...the way it should be for a pain management doctor taking care of a cancer patient. Dr. Beretta was knowledgeable about my rare cancer and very gentle and kind. I love how casual and friendly he is - this is not an arrogant or stuffy doctor at all, but a warm, caring human being. He takes the time to explain my condition and the healing process. I am so grateful for Dr. Beretta and his wonderful staff!

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

I was born w/ club feet and have had over 30 surgeries on both feet ssince birth. It is really hard to find a good pain doc that know what he/she is doing. I have to say that Dr B & his staff is great!! They have always taken such good care of me and knows what I need he listens to me and I really feel like he cares about me as a person! His Staff Lana, Lindsey and both Britney's could not be nicer. I was out of town w/ my script that the state would not fill but they really worked hard to make sure I could get my meds and still have a great vacation. I would reccomend them to anyone & everyone if you want someone that really cares!! Thanks so much Dr. B you are the best and you made my pain manageable again!! :) Tammy F.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag

dr. b picks and chooses the patients he cares about, i wasn't forced away from him i RAN away on my own after he operated on the wrong disc, as he came into the O.R. he said we'll be doing disc 5 today and i said no disc 3 then he said "well i guess we'll be doing the wrong disc then" but it was to late for me as the anastesia hit and i was out. now i'm worse than before and he doesn't care. he never cared, i don't think he ever spent more than 5 minutes with me, (except when i was deciding on a 30,000 proceedure) just bump the leg walk out and have his asst hand me a scrip and new appointment. whatever you do don't call or you'll get cursed at. so if you want to chance it with him (and think your pretty enough) go for it but personally i'm outta there. P.S.- i'm not going to say personal opinion because what i stated is fact.

Submitted July 11, 2010 | flag

This doctor has alway been right on with his analysis. I've been going to him for 10 years and has always bent over backwards to help me manage my pain. Of course I'm not one of those people out for a quick fix on pharmaceuticals!

Submitted March 2, 2010 | flag

Office, nursing, anesthesioligist, and Dr. Beretta were beyond great. Staff so friendly and helpful. They seems to be so comfortable with one another, just like one happy family. Answering my questions was very good and I would recommend Dr. Beretta anyone who needs pain management.

Submitted March 2, 2010 | flag

My insurance is HeathSprings and I did not see it listed. I really like Dr. Beretta. He is very smart and very understanding towards my pain. He has me on the right amount of medications that enables me to go back to college to get my BA in Visual Communication. His staff is friendly and professional. I love the fact he brags about his daughter who is also studying to be a doctor. If she is half as smart as her father, she will make a fantastic doctor. Also, my father comes with me to my visits and he also thinks very highly of him. I am thankful to God that I found him because my last pain management doctor had me waiting to see him/her (I will not mention names or gender) for two to three hours. One time, I was late getting to my scheduled appt. by only 35 minutes and the office made me reschedule. The most that I EVER waited for my scheduled appt was maybe at the most 10 or 15 minutes. For someone with chronic pain, that is so helpful to be in and out.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2010 | flag

Always up beat and seems to understand my situation.He is a no nonsense Dr. I like that!

Submitted Feb. 1, 2010 | flag

I found Dr. Beretta to be very helpful with my back/leg pain. He and his staff were very professional and approachable. Dr. Beretta showed an indepth understanding of my medical conditiona and a willingness to help find an appropriate course of treatment. When I go to a physician, I'm looking for someone who can assist with my healthcare; not someone to be my personal friend. We should all take that into consideration as we write these reviews. No complaints here.

Submitted July 14, 2009 | flag

DR. JAMES BERETTA IS ONE OF THE NICEST AND SINCERE DOCTORS IN BIRMINGHAM. ALL YOU "DISCHARED" PATIENTS ARE JUST MAD BECAUSE YOU ARE DRUG ADDICTS. THERE IS A REASON HE DROPPED MEDICAID AND YES HE DID WARN YALL ITS JUST YOU CANT PAY YOUR BILLS TO KEEP YOUR PHONE ON OR CHANGED YOUR ADDRESS B.C YOU DONT WANT TO BE FOUND B/C OF THE UNPAID BILLS. DR. BERETTA DOES A TON OF CHARITY WORK SO I DONT THINK ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY MORE THAN 100,000 DOLLARS WORTH TO BE EXACT. HIS NURSE IS AWESOME. SHE ALWAYS RETURNS CALLS AND IS THERE FOR YOU ALWAYS.

Submitted May 28, 2009 | flag