Rate Dr. Henry B. Townsend

Dr. Henry B. Townsend's Ratings

I am very impressed with Dr. Townsend. I was not familiar at all with rheumatology and all he diagnosis that go with rheumatology. Dr. Townsend has been very helpful to be able for me to understand what is going on with me medically. We are still in the learning stage for me but Dr. Townsend has been very helpful and I do not feel I am bothering him to be his office. He takes the time he needs for me. He explains everything very thoroughly and in terms that I can understand. The entire office staff has also been very helpful in every way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Mean,arrogant,not thorough,makes you feel like a burden do NOT recommend

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

Arrogant uncaring thinks he knows it all put down other doctors. I will NOT recommend him or see him again !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

Dr. Townsend is simply the best. I was diagnosed with Lupus a year ago and it has truly been a journey. Dr. Townsend and his staff have been there with me and my family every step of the way. He is very attentive and always makes sure we understand everything he discusses from the medication to lab results. He always encourages me to remain positive. I am so thankful to have him as a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2012

Dr. Townsend and his staff are simply the best, exactly what you want if you find yourself in a situation that requires a physician. I never expected to be referred to a RA specialist but I was quite pleased to have the pleasure to make his acquaintance. I was dumbfounded at his ability to focus 100% on me. It was almost a surreal experience. I am so accustomed to doctors looking past or around me, or when I do meet their gaze they have a bored glaze in their eyes. I wish all doctors could be like Dr. Townsend, he is simply the best! He is actively working to solve my pain issue and I have full confidence that this amazing gift of a physician will achieve exactly what I need.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1020178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

Dr. Townsend is super nice, very respectful, and very knowledgeable. He is friendly, and he goes out of his way to make sure you feel comfortable and have what you need healthwise. He works with you, instead of just telling you what to do. The staff is mostly pretty good. The front desk people are very nice and helpful. His nurse needs a bit more familiarity with rheumatology. She is nice, but she doesn't seem very familiar with the disease or its varied ways of showing itself. She does pass on messages though, and she will call back if you have questions. That is a big plus!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1020177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

Very good doctor. Listens to everything and explained a lot more than previous doctor. More than happy to drive 80 miles to see him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1020176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

I drove 5 hrs round trip for this follow up appt. and $35. He told me my last appt that he would put together a treatment plan. Now,he asked me why I was there. I told him for CFS & Fibromyalgia. He tells me he is a rheumatologist an doesn't treat that. He didn't tell me that my first visit. Also, notice that another patient states that he is treating her for fibromyalgia. I asked him who would and he said he didn't know, maybe my family doctor. Research shows that most rheumatologist do treat CFS & Fibro. He made the Fibro diagnosis on my first visit with the target spots. My first two visits went well. This 3rd visit was humiliating. He was quick to let me know that I had already gone 5 minutes over my 15 min allowed for my appointment. My 60 yr old husband lost his job last yr and with my health issues we couldn't afford insurance. Yes, I am on charity care. I guess this doctor realized I was a waste of his time. I don't know! I just know his personality changed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

I LOVE DR. TOWNSEND. I have finally found a doctor to listen to me and my concerns. Dr. Townsend was very through and actually wanted to help me lead a normal life with my fibromyalgia. No doubt he will be my rheumatologist for life. THANK YOU DR. TOWNSEND.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2011

Dr. Townsend is an outstanding doctor - one of the very best we have ever been to. He is very patient, mild mannered and really listens to you when you are sharing concerns with him. He was willing to accept my 15 year old daughter as a patient when no other "adult" rheumatologists were willing to do so. He treats the patient (and parent) as a partner in the treatment and care of the problem - is willing to listen to concerns and is open to our suggestions. He has since left DDA to pursue a fellowship and teaching opportunity. A very sad day for our family and a huge loss to DDA.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1020173].votes_count ]]