Rate Dr. Richard J. Distefano

Dr. Richard J. Distefano's Ratings

I think he is a very intelligent man and tends to dumb things down to much, also he does not like to be questioned that much and is happy to shoot off a Go see someone else. I was happy with the surgery, not to happy with how the complications were handled by his office.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

Checking in was easy. Getting into a room took no time at all. The dr came into the room and was in there for 2 and a half minutes. Did nothing for me except knock on my back 3 times and tell me I have a muscle strain/sprain, see you back in 4 weeks and if your not better we will start therapy and left the room. Went and picked up my report from him and there was a ton of crap in there that he did not do. There was no exam and in the records he states there was a full exam and showed nothing. Not once did I stand up off the table for him to check range of motion that he states was normal. Nor did he check extremities which he states he did. This Dr put a ton of false information in the report. Horrible bed side manners. Showed NO interest in me as a patient in pain. I wouldn't recommend ANYONE seeing this dr if you are looking for a dr to care about you as a patient. Will NEVER go back to him.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2013 | flag

He had no interest in me as a patient. It was 5 pm and after waiting since my 3:30 appt time I was in and out in less than 2 minutes. He told me to go to a chiropractor and come back in a month. Most of the staff was gone and I couldn't pay or make an appt if I wanted to. After calling the main office of SOS they appologized and made me an appt with Dr. Cambreri. He was great. Today I got a bill. They billed my auto insurance for a long past accident instead of UHC. I will not pay this 35.00 co pay. When I called I asked to speak to a senior. Partner. A man came on the phone and assured me this would be taken care of. He appologized all over the place and said that Distephano was new to the practice and assured me that they don't work that way. He identified himself as an office manager.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. DiStefano has been nothing but professional with me. He is caring and listens to my problems. He addressed the issues I had. He covered all options and gave me no pressure one way or the other. He told me if I had any questions to feel free to call him and he would speak to me. If I wanted to come in and talk about this again I could. I decided to have surgery which was setup in a timely manner. His staff and secretary were wonderful. Dr. DeStefano has a wonderful bedside manner. I recommend the Doctor to anyone that is in need of a good Ortho. Thank you Doc!

Submitted Dec. 8, 2010 | flag

I first started seeing Dr.Distefano after all the failed atemps to get my back functioning again after falling at work. At, first my now husband an I liked him. He, did surgery on my back in Feb of this year. The surgery it self worked. BUT, after I a few months. I was still in a horriable amount of pain. And, I had to keep going back to see Dr. Distefano. I kept TRYING to tell him about how much pain I was in and he would not LISTEN to me. Before, all this I went one time to see him but, instead saw another dr for an infection in my back. The, next time I went to see him an I told him I saw a different dr (the other dr had given me script for the infect plus another one) Dr. Distetano did NOT have any info about that visit. He, over medicad me. He never listen to what I was trying to say. He, was dishonsted with my husband an I about one disc that he was suppose to do an didnt do an because he didnt due that disc is a mess. Just, like Dr. Distetano. I would not recommend him

Submitted Oct. 18, 2010 | flag

Dr. DiStefano has been nothing but a professional with me. I never wait in his waiting room for more than a few moments. He made sure I understood what was wrong and what he could do to fix it. The surgery went very smoothly and you can hardly see the scars. I could not say a bad word about him.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2010 | flag

Dr DiStefano calls me into exam room before I even sit down in waiting area. He explains procedure, risks, complications, etc. just as all Drs should

Submitted March 12, 2009 | flag

DiStefano submits inaccurate information on records paperwork and makes insurance acceptance almost impossible. I have been living with injury pain for two years while he botched the paperwork. He did not care that he gave me prescription that made me very ill, and said use over the counter ibuprofin which does not work and he knows it. If ibuprofin solved my problem I would not be seeing an orthopedic surgeon. My adverse reaction to his prescription is documented with a licensed RN. My blood pressure fell dramatically. The feeling I get from him is of not caring in the least. His office will make things difficult and are obviously not sorry in the least. I am glad I know how he is now, before surgery instead of after.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2007 | flag

Did a total hip replacement. All went well - no complications. Pleasant, laid-back demeanor. Would visit again.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2006 | flag

I met Dr. DiStefano after having four or so years of fibromyalgia, arthritis, bipolar etc. Dr. DiStefano asked to see my latest MRI which I brought with me. He also did some X-Rays of my back. His results were he could not help me. He felt that my prob lems were on the normal side. I did not agree with his answers .He simply told me that I could always get a second opinion. The worst part came about two weeks later when I received his summary of my problems. When I read it, I thought it was another person. He said I did not have the problems that I have. He said I was not on disibility, which I am. He said I do not have arthritis and fibromyalgia which I do. He said I do not have muscle spasms, which I do In addition he states that the patient denies having anxiety and depression which I have.He also says that I denied history of cardiac hypertension. For over six years I have had high blood pressure. My father and brother had heart problems . I rate him very poorly.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2005 | flag