Rate Dr. K.R. Finlay

Dr. K.R. Finlay's Ratings

After two specialists previously failed in seven attempts to stop the progression of my wet MD, Dr. Finlay used an innovative combination of two therapies simultaneously and stopped it immediately. During follow-up visits he educated me in the risks I faced and the signs to watch for, and made himself easily accessible in an emergency. As a result, when I suffered a torn, detached retina in the other eye, I got to see him immediately and he did surgery the same day, after pulling strings to keep the OR open for an extra few hours at the start of a Christmas shutdown. Over the past three years, by virtue of his incomparable knowledge and his dedication to the patient, Dr. Finlay has provided the most exemplary care possible, where nothing less would have saved my vision. I owe him for the lucrative career that I may continue to enjoy and all of the green forests and spectacular sunsets that I will see for the remainder of my life. His retirement is a big loss to his patients, but he deserves the very best.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

We had an extremely bad experience with Dr. Finlay. One of my parent's had a serious eye condition with a bad prognosis. Difficult situation. Dr. Finlay hastened the worsening of this condition to complete blindness which happened sooner than was necessary and with great suffering due to his negligent response to a serious situation. Hospital emergency doctors could not contact him on the weekend for more information. Also, when my parent went into his office on the Monday after, the staff failed to recognize the seriousness of her condition, and even pulled the wrong patient file which made her wait even longer. Dr. Finley was extremely rushed and dismissive of our concerns.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2013 | flag

One of the best retina specialist in Canada. He saved my left eye after a stroke in eye. He used current and best evidence based opthalmology procedure to treat my eye.

Submitted June 17, 2013 | flag

Dr.Finlay is "the best"..he is very respectful and professional in attending to your needs. Stellar!

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

I have been Dr. Finlay's patient for 20 years, originally diagnosed at age 38 with wet MD. Last weekend, the Friday before Christmas, I had another episode and he made room for me immediately. Dr. F. is highly skilled, very personable, and adept at easing patient fears during what can be a stressful time. I credit him with my saved vision - THANK YOU DR. F!

Submitted Dec. 24, 2012 | flag

Was referred to Dr. Finlay for retina detachment. Received surgery next day. Have since had 2 more detachments and recieved the best professional care. he is always available for consult with my eye doctor. Would highly recommend him. Caring, professional and kind.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2012 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Finlay for about 14 years..he is such a nice man caring and professional..He fixed my detached Retina in his office . I will always be thankful to him for his comforting words..and always interested in my life.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2012 | flag

Dr. Finlay has always been kind to me and has saved my vision. If I need to see him, his staff will make sure that happens. Can't recommend him highly enough!!

Submitted April 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Finlay is the best !! I have been a patient of his for 14 years .

Submitted Feb. 24, 2012 | flag

He is such a decisive doctor that when he found my retina detached, he took a quick and precise action to fix my retina. He even stayed very late in Friday night to take care of my problems to prevent any risk associated with time delay for my eye. A great man with good heart and good hand. He saved my right eye vision.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2011 | flag