Rate Dr. Scott Wilson

Dr. Scott Wilson's Ratings

Dr Wilson was very thorough with his tests...vg Dr from my first visit impression!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I am shocked at some of these comments! I saw Dr. Wilson today and thought he was extremely personable and helpful. He answered all of my questions and eased my fears and did a thorough exam. I wish we had a Neuoroligist like him in Red Deer. I wouldn't hesitate to come back to see him. I found him to be one of the best doctors I have ever seen in my life! He was worth the wait. Thanks Dr. Wilson!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

WOW! Someone take this guy’s license away PLEASE! My dad arrived at the Rocky View Hospital via ambulance displaying seizure like symptoms. He was admitted into the emergency room and had an evaluation by "Dr." Wilson. Mr. (I don’t feel he deserves the title of Dr.) Wilson started by ignorantly telling us it was supposed to be his day off and he didn’t want to be there. He proceeded to run a couple tests, but since nothing obvious showed up in the MRI or EEG he basically gave up and began to mock my father’s symptoms saying it was “all in his head”. He even had the nerve to pull my terrified mother aside and ask her if my dad was "in need of attention" - alluding to the possibility that he might be "acting". I’d like to let Mr. Wilson know due to his stellar abilities as a “doctor” he missed a massive brain tumor that took my dad’s life 3 months later. Thanks Mr. Wilson, I hope you get the same care and attention from a medical professional in your time of need.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1021751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Wilson for over seven years for my CIDP. Since this was a very rare disorder, no one in this area had much experience with it, it took many many tests such as Xrays, CTScans, MRIs, lumbar puncture, blood tests and ultra sounds, starting in June to diagnose the problem. Waiting times between tests were the biggest problem and I finally got a conclusive diagnosis and was put on IVIG in October. By that time I was totally disabled. Over the next 3 years I had to learn to walk again and become self-sufficient. During all this time he was very supportive and made time to meet with my family and myself both on Calgary and in Canmore. He discussed the treatment alternatives and is always open to talking about problems. He is supportive of me being active and traveling. He really listens to me on check-ups. I have been happy with my treatment and support I have received from him and would recommend him to other CIDP and GBS patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1021753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Dr. Wilson was thorough, polite and helpful. He was thoughtful, reviewed my health history extensively and was able to rule out several serious conditions. If my issue doesn't clear up, I'll be very happy to call back for a followup - when I called to book my appt initially, the receptionist answered on the second ring. The only reason he's not rated a 5 by me: Doc did mention that my issue may be due to stress which, in my opinion, is the worst doctor excuse for health issues ever. It delays resolution and diagnosis. I have a pretty relaxed life and my colleagues under far more stress don't have my health issue. That was my only complaint, it's a real pet peeve of mine!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1021750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2012

I was a bit worried after reading the previous comments for this doctor, but was pleasantly surprised once I got there. Dr.Wilson took the time to show and thoroughly explain the MRI images. As a mental health professional myself I thought he was very knowledgable and caring. I had bad experiences in the past with neurologists (arrogance, dismissive) so I was relieved that this time was different. I highly recommend Dr. Wilson; he is well-worth the long drive to Discovery Ridge!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1021749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

He is an amazing doctor. He is really helpful. He is knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. I have so much respect for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1021752].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2011

Impossible to get a hold of this doctor for follow ups. He always says to call and book your next appointment in three months but they never take the call or return your message. Good Luck! with this guy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1021748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2010

Difficult to rate the doctor - I am unable to get past the voice mail of the receptionist. Unacceptable for her NOT to return your call !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1021747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2010

Found Dr.Wilson to be very knowlegable but needs to improve his bedside manner. Cost me disability payments through my insurance company at work. Takes notes via dictation,after 3 months still did not have a hard copy to send to the insurance company. Not acceptable, very frustrating. I changed neurologists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1021746].votes_count ]]