Dr. Winfield S. Fisher

Dr. Winfield S. Fisher

Rate Dr. Winfield S. Fisher

Dr. Winfield S. Fisher's Ratings

Took excellent care of my mother. She suffered from a condition called AVM and had a blood clot in her brain and was rushed to Birmingham for emergency surgery. It was successful! She just went for her checkup yesterday, and he told her he would see her in 2 years!!! Great News. Great doctor, with a sense of humor that's very calming to your spirit.

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fischer; In early July, 2000, I called because my 23 yo daughter, Kate, had a ruptured brain Aneurysm that was not corrected by radiological intervention in NOLA. You took her immediately and did surgery on July 4. 13 years later she has no aneurysms, some headaches but, most importantly, just received her Doctorate in Forensic Psychology. We cannot thank you enough! You saved her life. Your clear, compassionate discussion with me at my time of crisis gave me a foundation upon which to make the most important decisions of my life.

Submitted March 25, 2013 | flag

As words cannot do justice to the admiration I have for the superb care my wife received after suffering a brain aneurysm on New Year eve-2012, I simply say "Dr. Fisher and UAB are the best"!!!

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fisher is a miracle all I can say is that God has placed his hands on him. My brother suffered from a brain anuerysm and when ALL other doctors gave him NO hope and devasted us, he stepped up and said YES there is hope to his three children. His entire staff is awesome they are angels themselves. Even when we were technically not allowed to see my brother they would always say yes for a few minutes only due to the severity of the condition. They were always very encouraging. When you have a medical doctor that gives you hope that gives you the strength to pull through a very traumatic event. THANKS to everyone at Dr. Fisher's office you guys are blessed beyond measures!!!!!!!

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag

What can I say other than he is one of the best surgeons ever. Absolute great personality, wonderful bedside manner and explains everything in detail. GREAT GREAT GREAT

Submitted June 15, 2009 | flag

This doctor is incredible. The staff in the ICU was exceptional as well. One nurse in particular, Shelia Ray will always be remembered as considerate and kind. She knew we were all frightened. Her confidence in Dr Fisher reassured us, her knowledge and understanding quieted our fears, and the tender care she gave me will never be forgotten. Dr Fisher spoke to us almost daily and we always felt confident in the knowledge and expetise of him and his staff. Now that I am home, recovering from brain surgury isn't that bad when you have such an awesome Doctor you can count on.

Submitted March 10, 2009 | flag

Very conservative - surgery is only at a last resort. His staff is wonderful. UAB is a great hospital.

Submitted July 7, 2007 | flag