Rate Dr. John P. Masciale

Dr. John P. Masciale's Ratings

I would never recommend this doctor. He is arrogant and dismissive. He didn't listen to my symptoms or concerns, and it was obvious he made a diagnosis before looking at my chart. I had to request to speak directly to him, because he lets his PA perform all consulations and communication with patients. It was obvious that he and his PA have poor communication as well. I left his office in tears. Horrible experience and a waste of my time when I was in pain and needed help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

AFTER 7 MONTHS OF EXCRUCIATING PAIN ON MY RIGHT SIDE, HARDLY ABLE TO MOVE AND CDULD NOT WALK. I CONTINUED TO BELIEVE AND HOPE I WOULD GET BETTER WHILE SEEING A PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR. MANY TIMES I COULD NOT GO TO VISITS BECAUSE THE PAIN WAS SO BAD. I PRAYED ALOT AND ASKED GOD TO SEND ME TO A DR WHO COULD HELP . AFTER REVIEWING LISTS OF DOCTORS WHO MIGHT HELP ME, DR MASCIALE WAS THE ONE. AS BAD AS I WAS I THOUGHT THERE WAS A CHANCE I MAY NEVER WALK AGAIN. DR MASCIALE WAS CARING AND I SAW HIS SINCERETY THAT HE WANTED TO HELP ME. I UNDERSTAND HE HAS A LOT OF PATIENTS TO SEE AND THE WAITING MAY BE LONG SOMETIMES, BUT HE IS WORTH THE WAIT. I HAD SURGERY AND THE DAY AFTER SURGERY I WAS WALKING AGAIN. TO ME IT WAS A MIRACLE. I STILL HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH MY BACK NOT CAUSED BY HIS HANDS. HE AND HIS STAFF ARE VERY CARING PEOPLE. I LIKE THAT HE IS STRAIGHT WITH ME AND TO THE POINT. I RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. I THANK GOD FOR HIM AND THANK HIM FOR HIS CONTINUED CARE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2014

Dr. Maschiale did a thorough exam and based on those results, location and degree of my pain, explained I did not need his surgical services but temporary pain management and a neuro consult. In short, it took him less than 30 minutes to find an extreme condition 5 others could not; effects of chronic chemical exposure. I am now in the care of a neurologist. I found Dr. Maschiale to be highly professional with good bedside manner, and most importantly, unafraid to tell me explicitly what is wrong and what I need to do to correct it. His diagnosis was on the money. What he did not do is max out my insurance and risk my health on needless surgeries, narcotics, or tell me what I wanted to hear. If you are a drug seeker or in need of a hand patting session, don't waste your time- he's too smart for you. If you want to improve your condition/health/life, he's worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Masciale is a great back Doctor. He has helped me tremendously.Staff was great. He is very knowlegable. He is a professional Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2011

Do not ever go to this physician...He is PRO medication and NOT Pro Treatment... Eight plus years later...still in severe pain and all I got was an addiction to MAJOR pain medications and my problems...still exist... Went to "another" surgeon after he "DROPPED" me as a patient...Eight Years later...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2010

This doctor was arrogant, said I needed surgery without even looking at my file, and kept me waiting 3+ hours when I had an appointment(twice!). I wouldn't let him work on my dog, much less me! He wouldn't listen to me, was dismissive and barely spent any time with me after all the time I waited to see him. When I refused the surgery he wanted to do, he acted angry that I wouldn't agree to it. Awful, just awful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

I've had back pain for years, and Dr. Masciale finally found me some relief!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2009

did not work well with me. will not recommened him to anyone else

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2008

Dr. Masciale and his P.A., Jose are great. They did a super job on my back surgery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2008

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Masciale. I had an anterior cervial discectomy and fusion surgery almost three weeks ago. I went into the OR unable to fully use my left hand. I regained almost all my strength by the next morning. I especially appreciated how Dr Masciale explained the procedure. In addition to his surgical skill, he is easy to talk with and get along with. I was really nervous before the surgery and he put me at ease. I would recommend Dr. Masciale to anyone with issues with their spine. Thanks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022492].votes_count ]]