Rate Dr. Melissa M. Grier

Dr. Melissa M. Grier's Ratings

Dr. Grier misdiagnosed me for a month and a half and had me on the wrong medication. A month and a half after taking a new medication I still have the same issue. Her staff is terrible. They are completely lacking in empathy and can't seem to refill prescriptions on time. It takes 4 days minimum. And you can't get pain medication out of them even if you are literally unable to walk it hurts so bad. Please do not go to this doctor. You will regret it and eventually have to switch and start over from scratch. Worst doctor and staff I have ever encountered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Very disorganized. Waited three hours for my scheduled appointment on more than one occasion. Received bills 5 months after appointments occurred. Working with this practice is difficult. I wish I would have heeded the warnings of other reviewers when I read them and chosen a different practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2012

Dr Grier is amazing! She delievered my son and i am curently going to her as I am pregnant with my daughter...I am holding off moving until after the baby is born just because I want to keep her as my doc for my pregnnacy! Love her!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Shocked to see negative comments,I feel as though we are speaking of diff. people. I was referred by my GP when I became PG. As a 1st timer I had off the wall?'s about what I could expose myself to &if she didn't have an answer she'd say let me look into it &had the answer by the end of the appt or called me w/in 1day. She's very knowledgable, explains everything thoroughly,& twice introduced me to new tests-1was an RH blood test that detects compatibility w/baby. She has always been very caring about my comfort and how things were going rest/sleeping/work etc. i.e. I hadn't been sleeping well she'd always have suggestions, was empathetic &would remind me that we had xmonths left. I've had 3 babies with her (induced, natural, & csec), she impressed us every time WE LOVE HER. Her helpful staff always called the pharm. for prenatals/meds &it was rare that I waited longer than 30m at an appt. I referred a friend & she is happy with her as well. Sorry to those w/ a different experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2011

Dr Grier is exceptional. We looked at many doctors and are lucky to have found her. Very knowledgeable and committed. Extremely responsive when we've had some emergencies and questions at off hours. Wouldn't even consider another OB for our next child.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2011

this woman should not be a doctor!! i wish i could rate her with negative points. she lost my lab results and then lied about it for six months until i found out from her receptionist! in a mean time i was in extreme pain and she just prescribed me vicodin (pain pills). when i went to a new doctor after 6 months of pain they fixed the problem 2 days after the visit and said i never should have been in pain. DO NOT GO HERE

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2011

Love Dr. Grier! She's the best, love the way she always spends time answering all my questions!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

There is something very "off" in Dr. Grier's ability to communicate. She has a very flat affect. I'm generally pretty good at 'reading' people; she was a complete mystery. I seriously wonder if Dr Grier might not be autistic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2010

I became PG last April. She is indeed very socially awkward, but i can't hold that against her. When I experienced spotting, she told me to take it easy. Well I was already in the car headed 30 miles away for my Grandma's birthday dinner. Nothing rowdy. Just a dinner. I ended up at the hospital miscarrying that night. When I followed up with Dr. Grier, she said "Didn't I tell you to take it easy Melinda?" -That's not my name btw and apparently I caused my m/c. Fast forward to October. I am pg again and she asks me if I am "even happy" about this pregnancy after telling her I didn't 'feel' anything yet. I meant physically not emotionally which is none of her business. Than she went on for 30 minutes about the dangers of pg women swimming in the ocean at night. Cause you can get lost ya know. Isn't that a general life lesson? I told her I had night snorkled once in HI and she made me promise never to do it again. She is a quacky doctor with zero bediside manner. Not for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2010

Dr. Grier is a horrible doctor. I visited her twice and I agree with the other reviewer who said there is something wrong with her. She is defensive, doesn't care about the patient, and does not do even the smallest of things (like calling in pre-natal vitamin prescriptions). From the few answers I actually got from her, I get the feeling she has not seen many natural childbirths. She is short with you, rude, and disrespectful. I wonder if the patients who don't have a problem with her asked a lot of questions, or just sat back and let the 'professional' take care of everything. Almost anyone who's done some research online would be as helpful as she is. It's too bad this woman ended up in a profession that is so obviously wrong for her. Or that she can't get over her own issues to be of any help to her patients. Sad. Pathetic. I never write reviews online, but this experience was just too scary not to share with others. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1022980].votes_count ]]