Rate Dr. Miguel G. Carbonell

Dr. Miguel G. Carbonell's Ratings

Dr. Carbonell cared for me through two pregnancies and delivered both of my daughters.
For my first daughter I originally tried to stay in the same office as my NP that I'd been seeing for years, but after a horrible 8 week check up and an unsatisfactory meeting with my "assigned" physician (and billing mix-ups!) I started searching for an alternate physician. I checked with the hospital birthing staff educator and other doctors for their opinions and Dr. Carbonell always made the list of recommended doctors. He attends over 80% of his births, he is very conservative (which you want for prenatal care), he is well-liked by the birthing center staff, and overall he is very caring, has a great bedside manner, and really likes to explain exactly what's going on with you and the reasoning behind treatment and your choices. I've recommended him to multiple friends and they've all been very happy. The only patient I wouldn't recommend is someone who is also suffering from depression. You'd probably be happier and healthier with another practice helping you that is better at recognizing, diagnosing, and treating those conditions. But if you want your doctor to show up to your delivery, have excellent cooperation with the hospital staff, and have a great call group then Dr. Carbonell is hands down one of the best choices in the valley.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2620532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

I had him deliver my baby's, I've never experienced any issues on what is being wrote in previous comments. He has also delivered my friends and families baby's. We were all considered high risk and our babies are all healthy now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1024583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2013

Has no respect for alternative medicine or willingness to be open to anything but Western Medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1024582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Best doctor ever!! Always felt like I knew what was going on. He made it very comforting for me. LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1024581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2013

Dr Carbonell and his staff are great! They sat down with me at my first OB appointment and reviewed my insurance, broke down exactly how much I'd be paying out of pocket and set up a payment plan. Any time I had a question about anything I received a call back w/in 2 hours of calling. The wait time to get called back for my visits was always reasonable. Dr Carbonell delivered my son July 25th at 8pm, even though he wasn't on-call and it was hours past his scheduled time to be off. He's great, he listens, he explains things in great detail. I would highly recommend him and his staff, and I plan to switch to him for my general GYN care now as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1024580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2012

I scheduled to see this doctor about six months ago. The doctor was scheduled to give me a pap. When I came in, he told me that it was too early to do the pap and that he'd reschedule in a few months and sent me home. A few months later, I received over $300 in charges. When I called to speak to the billing staff, she told me that because he looked at my file and wrote up a notice saying I was rescheduled, and that it was worth $300 of his time. After this, they hounded me for several months to reschedule but I was wary. However, when I called back to reschedule (thinking I'd give them another chance), the billing staff was disrespectful, by not answering my questions, talking in a condescending voice and telling me about my previous balance that I had been paying on. I never have problems like this. Most doctor offices are respectful and will listen when a patient is upset about charges. This company is not friendly and will charge you an unethical amount of fees for no services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1024579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2012

Dr. Carbonell has delivered all three of my children -- he is like part of our family. My husband and I both really like him. I always felt comfortable and never felt as though I was pushed in any way regarding my care. It is very apparent that he loves what he does and enjoys the kids and families that he cares for. He was always there to deliver my kids even if he wasn't the on-call doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1024578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2010

Just a wonderful experience, so helpful, and easy to talk with. I would not hesitate to send all my friends to him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1024577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2010

I know of 3 women who have had him for high risk pregnancy and delivery. All three deliverd with in 7-8 months of each other and all babies have sufferd birth injuries because of his poor judgement. Though he was notified of history he still insisted on a vaginal rather than be safe and performing the much needed c-section. I do very much feel for these women and the struggle they now have to go through. He needs to be stopped!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1024576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2010

Rude, dismissive, surgery-pushing. Belittled my previous mental illness and concerns about post-partum depression. Skipped glucose screen despite my hypoglycemia, which shouldn't be skipped even if I was perfectly healthy. Pushed drugs when I was aiming for a natural birth and pregnancy. Pessimistic about breastfeeding for no reason.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1024575].votes_count ]]