Rate Dr. R. MEL Clark

Dr. R. MEL Clark's Ratings

Please do not WALK but RUN as FAST as you can away from this doctor. My dad saw him in Duncan, OK when he was unable to breathe, they took him to Oklahoma City and found that he needed a valve replacement, my dad would be 85 in the next few weeks. Dr. Clark basically told my dad he would not be able to survive surgery (not knowing what kind of shape my dad was in, my mom and dad go dancing 4 times a week) and he would not recommend surgery, so he sent him home to die!! I brought my dad to Dallas where I live and we took him to a cardiologist there and the first thing out of the doctor's mouth is "you have to have surgery" they brought in an amazing team of doctors and my dad had heart surgery July 14th, his 85th birthday and did absolutely terrific……I call my dad "Superman" It's been a little over a month and he is already home, thank you Medical Center of Plano and Dr. "T" for saving my dad's life!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Dr. Clark saw my mother in Duncan. He sent her to OKC for a dye test to check for blockage. She has 100% blockage in her right side and some blockage in her left side. He told her if she didn't have surgery soon she would die.He sent a surgeon in and the surgoen checked the viens in her legs and said he doesn't recommend surgery. He should have took me asside and and told me the options and waited to let the surgeon say if she was a candidate for surgery before He told her if she didn't have it she would die because I told her"Don't worry you will have the surgery and be OK." NowHis bedside manner is rude and uncareing.Now I have to tell her she can"t have the surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2438792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Dr.Clark and his RN Brandy are both wonderful. My husband recently had a 5 heart bypass and I am happy to say he is home and doing very well. We have no complaints about anything. From the moment we walked in everything was top notch. Brandy was my angel. Dr. Chaffen did the surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

Dr Mel Clark is great.He literally saved my life. I was defibbed from my house to the Er. He used the paddles on me twice to bring me back.I owe him everything. I have had several Cardiologist and he is very nice and easy going. He didnt speak to me in a condensending tone which is a nice switch. He did have a Nurse with him while I was in the Hospital who got upset because I asked her to lower her voice at 7am in the hospital room.She was asked twice and told once.She was a brat..Other than that,Mel Clark is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Kind doctor and GREAT staff! I had a really hard time with an unexpected pregnancy and Dr. Clark was great through it all. He took great care of me and helped me along the way. The office was beautiful too and everyone could not have been nicer. My husband and I are now pregnant with our second baby and we plan to use him again =)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2010

He did a terrible job working with my father. He was unable to find anything wrong with my dad and we asked him to look more in-depth but felt we were ignored by him. We knew something was wrong so my dad went to the Mayo Clinic (which is terrific). They immediately found the issue which was a heart valve problem. The Mayo Cardiologist couldn't believe how this wasn't discovered by Dr. Clark. I went to an appointment with my dad and it seems like Dr. Clark tries to get you in and out of his office as fast as possible and is in such a rush to get to the next patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2009

has always been helpful,knowledgeable and upfront with me.Will not do any extra test or intrusions unless necessary.I like his method of getting you in and out of the office asap.Can not see that his shortness in any way prevents him giving exellent care,as someone reported earlier. I personally am very satisfied with having him as my heart doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Dr Clarks focus is on the highest volume, quickest turnaround of case loads for the most money (and political power). Although he is technically skilled earning the nick name king of the two minute heart caths if your illness or needs do not fit into his fast paced method of care or if you question anything he says you become person non grata. Serious small man syndrome, insecurity and a totalitarian approach unfortunately impair his judgement, performance and personality. Many of his patients (the ones that fit his mold) love him but God help you if you fall outside his rigid methods of operation. I would rather take my chances at home if he was my only choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2008

Dr Clark is a wonderful Doctor. Takes the time to examine you and explains everything in detail. He got my mother in to see a surgeon in less that a week and within 4 weeks had her quad bypass done. She is donig great now. He has a wonderful staff in both his Duncan office and his OKC office. Thank you Dr Clark and Staff (Sherri, Kathy, Twyla, Lydia, Roxann, and anyone else we missed).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1025819].votes_count ]]