Dr. Richard Guscott

Dr. Richard Guscott

Rate Dr. Richard Guscott

Dr. Richard Guscott's Ratings

Went to him for several years as a kid. Found out in my teens the medication he had put me on had been shown to worsen my condition. One of the last times I saw him I was in a bad place and he told my mom and I that we were putting a lot on his plate and that it was only supposed to be a check-up. Scheduling problems were frequent, and we came from out of town. Don't bother.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2014 | flag

Big on over meddicating patients my last appointment with this man he more or less told me to shut up and let my mother talk because I apparently didnt grasp my feelings like she did

Submitted Jan. 31, 2014 | flag

Knowledgable,diagnose definitely requires skills which he has. Knows human,universe and the meaning and purpose of life...

Submitted Aug. 26, 2013 | flag

We have found Dr. Guscott to be very helpful in caring for our Daughter & her Despression. His Assistant Cyndi is exceptional - always calls us back and responds to our messages. She is the professional who is running the office. Thank goodness for her!

Submitted April 10, 2013 | flag

excellent doctor. staff is terrific. She is always friendly and smiling. Cindy is Overworked at times and busy and that is why the phone is not always answered immediately. Dr. Guscott and her work great together and do an amazing job. This office saved my life.

Submitted April 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. Guscott is a very knowledgeable & caring doctor who drastically helped improve my disorder

Submitted Feb. 14, 2012 | flag

Secretary/office staff non existent. Appointments always changed. Med based. No support. Good luck.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2011 | flag

Dr. Guscott is a compassionate, informed, and understanding individual who takes time to answer questions. He use's medication as a tool for psychiatric disorders but I don't believe he over medicates. He has given our family hope for the future and continues to provide support with both medication and providing behavioral strategies that have been effective. The only flaw I have found is the slow response time returning calls. I am very grateful for the diagnosis and continued treatment that my children have received from Dr. Guscott. Both of my sons are grateful as well.

Submitted July 21, 2010 | flag

The Dr seems to be comforting enough when you can see him. Appointments are regularly cancelled. But not impressed with his secretary Cindy she says she does things and then does not. She gets upset and flustered very easily and is rude and disrespectful of the pain the family is in. Would rather go anywhere then here.

Submitted June 15, 2010 | flag

Appears OK as an MD but overmedicates compared to anyone else I ever heard of. Other phych doctors are skeptical of the methods used by him an his wife dr. Taylor. If you disagree or ask questions you are fired like I was and they can be ruthless in dealing with anyone in their way.

Submitted May 21, 2010 | flag