Rate Dr. Nancy M. Durso

Dr. Nancy M. Durso's Ratings

The staff over the phone were very nice and polite however in the actually office you could hear them yelling down the hall and catching attitudes with each other (the receptionist) however the doctor and the nurse that draws the blood was very nice and informative and helpful. I cant wait to continue treatment with her.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

I first saw Dr. durso in 2005, she was bringing back and forth without results, so I did my own research and told her the treatment course I wanted to take. Thankfully I was pregnant that same cycle. I was trying again in 2013, I was seeing Dr Durso for a few months and I hated my experience with her. She is always in a rush. She's also heartless and careless. Throughout the treatment she gave us no answers, I asked her a question once and all she said was I don't know, it s up to you what you want to do. I always left her office puzzled and lost. Will never go back there again. She also charges way too much. She would charge us an office visit and a doctors visit whenever I had an appt, there were times where I barely saw her for 5 minutes, others I didn't see her at all. If you re looking to get through this fertility process, stay away from her.

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

I went through treatment with Dr. Durso from the summer of 2009 to the spring of 2010. At the time her office was somewhere different than it was now and her staff was different. Honestly, I picked her office b/c of location. I was given 3 names by my ob/gyn and of the 3, hers was the only one that was a NAME rather than a BUSINESS (i.e. Shady Grove). That was immediately appealing to me. Plus, she was on my way to work. LOL! That was essential since I am a teacher and getting time off for the treatments requires quite a bit of planning. I agree with those who say that she's not particularly forthcoming, however, I feel that she KNOWS what she's doing. She's just a little socially awkward in her delivery. But, quite frankly, I would take awkward and knowledgeable over friendly and incompetent any day of the week when it comes to medicine. We achieved pregnancy through IVF with her and I will be forever grateful.

Submitted May 22, 2014 | flag

My partner and I have been recently for a doctor to help me in my efforts to conceive. We have be talked to doctors for months visiting offices and reading all the reviews. In the last three months I have met several doctors and sat in many offices. We recently just visited the Partners for Fertility and both my partner and I where pleasantly surprised. After visiting so many doctors I had started to lose faith in the process. After meeting Dr. Durso and having a discussion about my options and plans to conceive I felt a lot more optimistic about my chances and choosing her a my doctor to help me with the process. The office was nice and everyone was overall very friendly.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Durso and her team were very helpful and I had an excellent experience working with this practice. I did find that I sometimes had to dig a little when investigating my options, but honestly that seemed like the same experience I've had with every other doctor that I've been to. When I did ask questions for additional details, Dr Durso was clear and gave excellent explanations.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2013 | flag

I just visited the center for the 2nd time for baby #2, to find that the office has undergone many changes. I was sorry that some of the staff had moved on. Reisha the New Ivf nutse was very helpful. The practice has also changed thier name to Partners for Fertility and Ivf. Even with all the changes, I sill felt that I was in good hands. They also have added a new Doctor, not sure of his name.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Nancy and her staff are the best medical professionals ever. She is very knowledgeable and adds the human aspect to the whole process. She is very kind and gives a very positive energy. I had success from the first attempt and I am very grateful to her and her staff. If you lucky, you will be Dr. Nancy’s patient. Words cannot do her justice.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2013 | flag

Worst doctor ever. Totally incompetent. She did not tie my tubes correctly and I ended up with an ectopic pregnancy that burst. I not only had to have emergency surgery but I lost so much blood that I had to have a blood transfusion. Six months later another doctor had to perform a partial hysterectomy. Beware of Dr. Durso!

Submitted July 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Durso was the third doctor I had seen regarding my issues and the first to lay it ALL out in a very logical way. She answered questions that had previously elicited blank stares or two word minimalist responses. She does not push, but informs and was able to help me identify my options and their dependencies. Her staff is responsive and appear to be happy in the office, which was noted and appreciated. Thanks for the info, Doc!

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

Dr. Durso's bedside manner was just OK (not aloof but not very informative). We don't fault her surgical skills or medical knowledge, but she did not spend much time at all discussing our options, the latest research, or much of anything. We only realized this when we went to another fertility clinic after trying with her and not succeeding; the next doctor went into great detail answering our questions and reviewing all the options as far as screening and drug dosages. Durso also got our hopes up, telling us we had an "80% chance" the transfer 2 weeks earlier would result in a live birth. (This was not true for the maternal age, and we're not sure why she ever even said that.) It would have been far better to give us lower odds and then let us be happily surprised if we beat the odds; getting our hopes up left us shocked and avoidably devastated. Finally, some of the nurses are very helpful and communicative, but not all the office staff are as professional as they could be.

Submitted March 6, 2013 | flag