You may also like

Rate Dr. David Ellis

Dr. David Ellis's Ratings

I had a rhinoplasty done with Dr Ellis twice, the second time was to repair the damage he had done the first time. Again, after the second time I was left with a horrible horrible looking nose . I went to see another Dr because I had lost complete trust in Dr Ellis ( he wanted to perform a third surgery for FREE and I refused). I had a 3rd surgery with another Dr. and I am now happy with my nose. Please do your homework I rushed into getting a rhinoplasty and was left with horrible results and felt far worse than I did before. Save yourself the pain and money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Ellis did a CO2 Laser to repair some scar tissue around my mouth from stitches. The results were very good. For the 2nd treatment 6 mos later, he used the Urbium Laser, which he claimed was far less intrusive and cut recovery time in half. He absolutely botched the procedure! Somehow, he made MORE scars that were WORSE than what I had to begin with. I asked "what have you done!" He said he would use filler to fix it! Long story short, after numerous procedures with other practioners - 18 years later, I finally found a product (Jeunesse Serum) that in six months has almost completely removed the scars. STAY AWAY FROM ELLIS!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Dr Ellis, performed a rhinoplasty on my nose 35 years ago, and made a travesty of the final result that I'm faced with today. As a result, I've left with a deviated septumthat affects my breathing today. Future patients, please review what other far more compitant plastic surgeons have to offer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2750926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Simple:Not a Good Plastic Surgeon-do your homework-Not a Good Plastic Surgeon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2683060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Dr. Ellis did damage to my nose and left me physically in a far worse state then previous to the surgery. I was extremely clear and articulate in what my expectations were and I was told that they could all be accomplished, not one of my expectations was reached instead I was left with serious problems that I will have to seek other costly medical care for. Dr. Ellis was unwilling to address any of the mistakes. DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON YOUR SURGEON - I wish I had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

My nose has always been too girly. Even when I broke it in a touch football game, it still looked like it should be on a woman’s face. Doctor Ellis made my nose more substantial and masculine at a fraction of the cost I’d anticipated. I’m now one happy masculine guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1027933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2013

The initial impression I got from visiting Dr. Ellis' office was very positive - clean, friendly staff. The second visit left me wondering though whether I would ever visit his office again. He performed an incision for an eyelid infection - even after I told him that the freezing did not work! He just went at it as if it didn't matter if it was painful or not! Was it because he wanted to get paid by OHIP for the procedure? I wouldn't know yet a day later my eye is at the same state as before the surgery and all I hear back is 'use polysporin'. I feel I was being mistreated - the procedure was unnecessary or even the wrong action to take. The surgery itself was unbearable as he didn't care if I was in pain or not. I won't be visiting his office again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1027932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

DO NOT LET DR. DAVID ELLIS TOUCH YOU!! I had an upper and lower blepharplasty. BOTH incisions on upper lids are FAR OFF the crease AND VISIBLE. Right is actually under my eyebrow! Ellis fools people with his shiny brochures. Also, he left all the fat in the corners of my eyes! I asked him why both lid incisions were way off the crease, and the right being just below my eyebrow. He stammered nervously and told me that sometimes the freezing distorts the skin! ridiculous! I told him that wouldn't matter because he had drawn exactly where my creases were before surgery, and only had to follow those markings. He had no answer. Then i pointed out the puffiness/fat that was not removed in the corners of my eye. he tapped the area with one of his fingers and then said, "that's not fat, that's your eye". i went to another surgeon, considered a top plastic surgeon in Toronto, and was told this was not my eye, it was fat that Dr. Ellis left. Avoid this "surgeon" LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1027936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2013

Dr. Ellis has always been nice but should think about retiring from performing surgeries-he's slowed down alot over the years and is a bit shaky. One of his staff members, Yuen is an irritating troll who tries to sell you every cosmetic line the office has whenever you're there, even after you've told her you are not interested!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1027931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2013

Dr. Ellis has operated on me as well as friends and family members. He is good at certain procedures but bad at others. I would recommend him for nose jobs. He is good at it. Don't let him touch your eyes. You might end up with mismatched eyes that make you look weird. He also has the habit of recommending a procedure simply because it costs more when a simple less expensive procedure would fix the problem. His staff is friendly and courteous. So go to him if you want your nose fixed but for other problems shop around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1027930].votes_count ]]