Rate Dr. David Ellis

Dr. David Ellis's Ratings

Dr. Ellis did damage to my nose and left me physically in a far worse state then previous to the surgery. I was extremely clear and articulate in what my expectations were and I was told that they could all be accomplished, not one of my expectations was reached instead I was left with serious problems that I will have to seek other costly medical care for. Dr. Ellis was unwilling to address any of the mistakes. DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON YOUR SURGEON - I wish I had.

Submitted July 25, 2014 | flag

My nose has always been too girly. Even when I broke it in a touch football game, it still looked like it should be on a woman’s face. Doctor Ellis made my nose more substantial and masculine at a fraction of the cost I’d anticipated. I’m now one happy masculine guy.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2013 | flag

The initial impression I got from visiting Dr. Ellis' office was very positive - clean, friendly staff. The second visit left me wondering though whether I would ever visit his office again. He performed an incision for an eyelid infection - even after I told him that the freezing did not work! He just went at it as if it didn't matter if it was painful or not! Was it because he wanted to get paid by OHIP for the procedure? I wouldn't know yet a day later my eye is at the same state as before the surgery and all I hear back is 'use polysporin'. I feel I was being mistreated - the procedure was unnecessary or even the wrong action to take. The surgery itself was unbearable as he didn't care if I was in pain or not. I won't be visiting his office again.

Submitted July 19, 2013 | flag

DO NOT LET DR. DAVID ELLIS TOUCH YOU!! I had an upper and lower blepharplasty. BOTH incisions on upper lids are FAR OFF the crease AND VISIBLE. Right is actually under my eyebrow! Ellis fools people with his shiny brochures. Also, he left all the fat in the corners of my eyes! I asked him why both lid incisions were way off the crease, and the right being just below my eyebrow. He stammered nervously and told me that sometimes the freezing distorts the skin! ridiculous! I told him that wouldn't matter because he had drawn exactly where my creases were before surgery, and only had to follow those markings. He had no answer. Then i pointed out the puffiness/fat that was not removed in the corners of my eye. he tapped the area with one of his fingers and then said, "that's not fat, that's your eye". i went to another surgeon, considered a top plastic surgeon in Toronto, and was told this was not my eye, it was fat that Dr. Ellis left. Avoid this "surgeon" LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Submitted Feb. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ellis has always been nice but should think about retiring from performing surgeries-he's slowed down alot over the years and is a bit shaky. One of his staff members, Yuen is an irritating troll who tries to sell you every cosmetic line the office has whenever you're there, even after you've told her you are not interested!!

Submitted Jan. 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ellis has operated on me as well as friends and family members. He is good at certain procedures but bad at others. I would recommend him for nose jobs. He is good at it. Don't let him touch your eyes. You might end up with mismatched eyes that make you look weird. He also has the habit of recommending a procedure simply because it costs more when a simple less expensive procedure would fix the problem. His staff is friendly and courteous. So go to him if you want your nose fixed but for other problems shop around.

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

Very greedy. He charged me over $3000 for doing no work on me. I had fallen sick the day of the surgery and he still insisted i should go ahead w/the surgery. I said I can't I'm not well enough. He wasn't even going to correct my nasal collapse, he was more interested in cosmetics and not function. He doesn't seem to know much about reconstruction of the nose. Beside all that, He was angry I cancelled and I found out couple month's after he charged me over $3K for cancelling. That was over 30% of the total. There was nothing in the contract that stated there would be a cancellation charge. He made up this amount out of thin air. I should of sued him, but i was from out of town and had many other things going on in my life. Imagine he still wanted me to go ahead w/the surgery even though i was sick. He only see's dollar signs in front of him, not humans. Terrible experience. They would not refund me, and visa would not help. Be aware. I did not wish to see him again.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag

Needed upper and lower eyelid lifts at only 39 years of age.Surprised by the cost. Did it anyway and have been unhappy ever since.I never wore glasses before but now wear them all the time to hide the comments I hear if I don't wear them. "what's wrong with your eyes?" or "do you have a bruise on your cheek" or "your eyes look puffy" I would pay $100,000 to just walk around without glasses and fel like myself again and not hiding. I don`t need to be a beauty but I want to look normal. I want a surgeon who can help me

Submitted Jan. 3, 2011 | flag

Ellis has ruined my life! An ENT doing cosmetic surgery! If I can do one thing to help others it would be to advise anyone thinking of him to seriously reconsider! If you could see what he did to my face you would understand. I went to him after having jaw surgery to see if implants would be a better option to having more oral surgery. He should have advised me to return to a maxillo-surgeon as this was not his area of expertise! Instead he saw it as an opportunity to get my insurance $. He even tried to sell me other procedures! After surgery my jaw implants came out ON THEIR OWN thru my mouth. Horrifying! Had to have costly perio work to fix. Chin implant was removed by emergency surgery at a hospital. I'm left now with serious problems, nerve damage, pain and scars. He billed my ins company for procedures I never asked for, then they had the nerve to ask how much insurance money was left! He took ALL my money, made a mess and walked away, with those greedy trembling hands of his!

Submitted May 10, 2010 | flag

Not happy with his work.. He did a bad Rhinoplasty on me and left scars in my nostrils.. Very unhappy with his work.. Another Plastic Surgeon told me at some point the bridge of my nose is going to collapse. What a mess this is!

Submitted April 12, 2009 | flag