Dr. David A. McLain

Rate Dr. David A. McLain

Dr. David A. McLain's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2489604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

Dr McLain's staff has chged , bad, good, bad, good over the years. I love him. I think he is great I love him for what he has done for me. Yes I don't like the wait but he is worth it. I just take a book and settle in. I have read the other reviews. I will say why he drops patients. He has many patients on narcotics for pain He spot checks urine. He has had numbers of patients have 0 residues of the narcotic in their blood which means they are probably selling them. Yep, buddy. He drops these patients but of course he can't say why and probably the patient doesn't broadcast this information either. I hate trying to reach him too by phone but he does have his email address on his site and he does answer me. He has done so much for me diagnosing several problems. I am surprised at the bad experiences with him, I feel lucky it has never happened to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2438908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Have been a patient since 1997. Was referred to Dr McLain by Mayo Clinic. Never had a problem with him. His staff is by far the worse I've ever dealt with. I live 1hr 45 mins from office. On MANY occasions I have needed his immediate attention for serious flare ups of Lupus & haven't been able to talk to him because I could not get past the front desk. Dr McLain prescribed a new medication for me & it took his office staff 3 wks to get it to my insurance for consideration. It took me threatening to take a day off from work & drive to B'ham so that I could just "speak" with him about the matter. It was only then that pior approval was sent. After it was sent my insurance approved in less than 24 hrs. His office staff has way too much control over the decision making of what is or is not important. I do not think he receives the majority of messages left for him or at least I hope this is the case. Love Dr McLain. Not holding tongue any longer about staff. Needs better staff seriously!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2438906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I absolutely love Dr McLain. He always listens and takes his time with me. The office staff its much better now. It does take time to get to the back even when you have an appt.but I feel like that is because he is giving each patient the time they need. A very caring and knowledgeable Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1028383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2014

I LOVE DR MCLAIN. VERY PERSONABLE KNOWLEDGABLE AND COMPASSIONATE. I NEVER FEEL RUSHED

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1028382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

Dr. McClain does not spend time with his patients. He does not answer questions nor does he try to set up a treatment or testing plan for current illnesses that are getting worse. There is always a very long wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1028381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. McLain's since May 2013. I HIGHLY recommend him if you suffer from any rheumatologic diseases (lupus, arthritis, fibro, etc). I was "brushed off" by > 6 docs in 2 yrs & I felt like I was just getting old (I'm a young 50) or crazy. I had had a BAD post op infection in 2011--sepsis--after a hysterectomy & I had to wear Depends until that nasty draining wound closed! Dr. McLain was the first MD that listened and tested me for sources of my pain and other symptoms. He found I suffer from lupus,arthritis & fibro & he gave me back peace of mind. He's thorough and worth any wait because he spends quality time with each patient. His staff is kind, caring and efficient. Yes, sometimes I wait but most of his patients have multiple issues and that requires time and thought. Dr McLain is not only an excellent doctor, he is also a warm and compassionate man. I feel blessed to have found him and I am so grateful for he and his staff! NP--Trussville

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1028380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2013

Dr McLain is a great Dr! I have been seeing him for years and while I have always had to wait for a long time to get pulled back to a patient room, I find he is worth the wait. He takes a long time because he gives each and every patient a thorough exam. he takes the time to know you as a person, learning things about you and even your family and life. As a patient, I find this an invaluable trait in a physician. And as for his staff, there has been some "bad seeds" but the last time I was in the were all pretty much gone. His new nurse is a sweet heart, always smiling and approachable. You can tell she loves people and working with the public. The front desk girl is gone (thank heavens) and there is a new smiling face sitting there as well. You can feel a positive change in the practice. All of you can say or think what you want but as for me, I will stay with Dr. Mclain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1028379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2013

I have been a patient for almost 20 years. Staff has always been very RUDE. Doctor McLain is ALWAYS late and rushed but he had an excellent reputation BACK THEN so I put up with it. Gradually, he has quit spending time with patients and moves them out like a cattle call. He has moved way out of town away from medical facilities. He is now charging $15 for a prescription refill!!!! Unbelievable!!!! I won't be going back and will find a doctor who cares about patients and not MONEY.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1028378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

Dr. McLain is a very nice doctor who helps you with whatever problem you have with your disease. The problem is his staff! They are the WORST I have ever seen. The nurse seems to decide if you need your medicine refilled or not and treats you like someone just wanting drugs. If she could for just 1 day have what I do I think she would change her mind. To be in such pain and being refused medicine is just awful. I had told her I would be out before my next appointment and she still refused to fill my medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1028377].votes_count ]]