Rate Dr. Harold N. Hollander

Dr. Harold N. Hollander's Ratings

My husband went to get treated for a growth by his ear and he diagnosed him with some type of rare disease where he was supposed to have a four hour surgery where they would cut tendons and leave a large scar down his cheek line. We went for a second opinion and it turns out that it is only a cyst which will be taken care of in about thirty minutes time. During all this we spent about 250.00 in medication and copayments. Make sure never to take his word for anything. Always get a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Dr. removed my thyroid due to cancer; he did the best job on my incision site. I am very pleased with his surgical job on my neck; I had no problems at all with my neck and the incision area after following his instruction of properly cleaning the area over three weeks. In my opinion, he should have never medicated me afterwards. I should have been transfered to an endocrinoligist right after surgery because I had many complications with the medications given to me from Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2093286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

Wasn't happy with him at all. Long story short, he diagnosed me with hashimotos (thyroid disorder) and told me my chronic coughing was not related to the mass growing on my thryoid. He was very dismissive and arrogant. I went to Spectrum to get a second opinion and I am thankful I did. They ended up removing a 8cm tumor (size of a baseball) in my neck that ended up being follicular thyroid cancer (for the record, it was brushing up against my windpipe -- hence the chronic coughing). Dr. Hollander said that statistically it was probably just hashimotos so he was going to treat it as that. He told me surgery was optional. Glad I didn't listen to him, Spectrum told me the tumor was less than 1mm away from brushing up against a lot of blood vessels and I was pretty lucky. It's one thing to be wrong, it's another to be wrong and an arrogant know-it-all. I am now with a doctor that treats me based on facts, not statistical assumptions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2093285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2012

This man is a remarkable ENT....he performed Sinus surgery on me in 2004 and I've had NO sinus infections since. Subsequently, I've returned for checkups and always been treated with the utmost respect. GREAT doctor and a great guy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2093284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2093287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2012

great doctor, he did 2 surgeries on my daughter. he has always been very nice and listens to what we have to say. he never acts like he is in a hurry to get to the next patient like other doctors are and he is very good with my shy daughter. would recommend him to everyone :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2093283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2012

Dr. Hollander is very knowledgeable, and has always been very kind and patient with me. He has done two surgeries on me, and both have been very successful. I would, and have, recommended him to others who have been very happy with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2093282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2012

Will put on a 'Happy Face' but I felt he was very judgemental and has already made up his mind without even knowing the facts. I left his office embarrassed and humiliated! The sad part is with everything being 'shared via computer' I will probably not find a doctor that has already not formed an opinion of me without even meeting me by Dr. Hollander's misrepresentation of me. I really wished I had listened to my friends and family who told me NOT to go back to him. Be aware: If he thinks you are too concerned about your child's health he will not take you seriously!!!Arrogant and puts you on the defensive (But he does have a smile on his face!)Always looks like he's training in a new nurse-that should tell you something. This is my opinion on how I was treated maybe you will have a different experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2093281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2011

this doctor does not want to deal with any special needs patients very impatient and uncaring

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2093280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Wonderful staff and office. Highly rec.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2093279].votes_count ]]