Rate Dr. Harold N. Hollander

Dr. Harold N. Hollander's Ratings

Dr. removed my thyroid due to cancer; he did the best job on my incision site. I am very pleased with his surgical job on my neck; I had no problems at all with my neck and the incision area after following his instruction of properly cleaning the area over three weeks. In my opinion, he should have never medicated me afterwards. I should have been transfered to an endocrinoligist right after surgery because I had many complications with the medications given to me from Dr.

Submitted March 2, 2013 | flag

Wasn't happy with him at all. Long story short, he diagnosed me with hashimotos (thyroid disorder) and told me my chronic coughing was not related to the mass growing on my thryoid. He was very dismissive and arrogant. I went to Spectrum to get a second opinion and I am thankful I did. They ended up removing a 8cm tumor (size of a baseball) in my neck that ended up being follicular thyroid cancer (for the record, it was brushing up against my windpipe -- hence the chronic coughing). Dr. Hollander said that statistically it was probably just hashimotos so he was going to treat it as that. He told me surgery was optional. Glad I didn't listen to him, Spectrum told me the tumor was less than 1mm away from brushing up against a lot of blood vessels and I was pretty lucky. It's one thing to be wrong, it's another to be wrong and an arrogant know-it-all. I am now with a doctor that treats me based on facts, not statistical assumptions.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2012 | flag

This man is a remarkable ENT....he performed Sinus surgery on me in 2004 and I've had NO sinus infections since. Subsequently, I've returned for checkups and always been treated with the utmost respect. GREAT doctor and a great guy!

Submitted Sept. 17, 2012 | flag

Submitted Aug. 13, 2012 | flag

great doctor, he did 2 surgeries on my daughter. he has always been very nice and listens to what we have to say. he never acts like he is in a hurry to get to the next patient like other doctors are and he is very good with my shy daughter. would recommend him to everyone :)

Submitted Aug. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hollander is very knowledgeable, and has always been very kind and patient with me. He has done two surgeries on me, and both have been very successful. I would, and have, recommended him to others who have been very happy with him.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2012 | flag

Will put on a 'Happy Face' but I felt he was very judgemental and has already made up his mind without even knowing the facts. I left his office embarrassed and humiliated! The sad part is with everything being 'shared via computer' I will probably not find a doctor that has already not formed an opinion of me without even meeting me by Dr. Hollander's misrepresentation of me. I really wished I had listened to my friends and family who told me NOT to go back to him. Be aware: If he thinks you are too concerned about your child's health he will not take you seriously!!!Arrogant and puts you on the defensive (But he does have a smile on his face!)Always looks like he's training in a new nurse-that should tell you something. This is my opinion on how I was treated maybe you will have a different experience.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2011 | flag

this doctor does not want to deal with any special needs patients very impatient and uncaring

Submitted July 22, 2010 | flag

Wonderful staff and office. Highly rec.

Submitted July 19, 2006 | flag

I love him. He has big hair. He suctioned out the boogers in my nose...twice.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2005 | flag