Rate Dr. Brian S. Nelson

Dr. Brian S. Nelson's Ratings

Dr. Nelson is not only a recognized specialist in his field and an excellent surgeon, but he’s also a Dr. who empowers his patients. He listens to their needs, explores their knowledge base, educates and informs them, while at the same time he is consistently empathetic and compassionate. He empowers his patients to make informed decisions about their healthcare. He embodies what all Dr.’s should be, a scholar and an expert in his field, confident in his abilities, with a tremendous amount of respect, empathy, and consideration for those in his care.

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Nelson. He earned my respect in so many ways that I could never put them all down in this review. A few things I will point out:

- Unlike any other Dr. I know, he will go out of his way to ensure all your questions are answered, even if that means contacting you on a weekend during his off hours. Yes he did this! He cares.
- His experience and skill sets are to be commended. During my surgery, the robotic surgical equipment failed. Dr. Nelson quickly resolved the matter by using his skill sets as a surgeon and applied a hand held application that the robotic machinery would have done. Dr. Nelson could have taken the easy way out and turned the procedure into a regular surgery, negating the laparoscopic application all together, but he didn’t. The easy way out would have made my recovery lengthier and the surgery more invasive. In addition, traditional surgery was not what I wanted. I am forever grateful for his expertise, his proven skill set, and his ability to provide solutions, which are in the best interest of his patients. The fact that he listens to his patients and understands their needs is also to be commended.
- I have healed beautifully, in part because Dr. Nelson is a perfectionist, a trait that all surgeons should acquire.

On a scale of 1-10, Dr. Brian Nelson is a 10. I would highly recommend him. Also, his staff is top notch, as is Longmont Hospital.
From an extremely grateful patient. :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2760491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I recently had surgery with Dr. Nelson. I can't say enough nice things about him. He has the best bedside manner of any physician I've ever been to. He personally returns phone calls and you can tell he genuinely cares about his patients. He patiently answers every question you have and I knew I was in good hands right from the first appointment. I'm six weeks out from the surgery and feel great! I recommend Dr. Nelson without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Dr Nelson is an incredible surgeon and has an amazing bedside manner. He personally called me several times after surgery to make sure that I was doing okay. He genuinely listens to his patients, answers every question my husband and I have and spends a lot of time with me at every appointment. His front desk staff is great (especially Alicia) and I adore his nurse Heather. I would recommend him to ANYONE!!! I have been in pain since I was 13 years old and now because of him, I am pain free for the first time in my life

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Dr. Nelson is a wonderful Physician. I feel God put me in good hands when I was sent to Dr. Nelson. He is very easy to talk to. He is very kind with family members. Excellent!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

I love Dr. Nelson. I have been an RN for 15 years and have met many different Dr.s. Lets just say I have also been threw a few if I can tell they are "just doing the job." I wouldn't trade Dr. Nelson for the world! His nurse Heather and receptionist/helps with all Alicia are equally top notch! I had to have a full hysterectomy at 39 years old. I also suffer from Kidney stone disease and was passing kidney stones and getting fibroids at the same time. I cried a lot and came off a little not so stable. He saw through all of that and knew it was my body and not my mind. I had Kaiser for so long they kept trying to send me to Mental Health, I would go to the ER, get a CT scan and bam, there are stones I can't pass. Him and my PCP are the only ones right now that I feel comfortable with. I don't like the way medicine is going and they seem to have the same philosophy as i do. See the patient as a person, not a thing with a problem! Oh and by reading it sounds like he delivers babies well!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2438943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Dr. Nelson's observations and recommendations were spot on. His manner is calm, unhurried, open and reassuring. I suffered pelvic pain a very long time before seeing him. We discussed treatment options and the procedure he subsequently performed was extremely successful left me pain free. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2013

Dr. Nelson has performed laparoscopy and robot assisted total hysterectomy for me. Everything from the first office visit to follow ups have been outstanding. The basics of friendliness and timeliness exceeded my expectations. More importantly, his knowledge, empathy, and cutting-edge expertise made the experiences better than I could have imagined. These are of course anxiety-inducing and life-changing procedures and I was well informed of options. Follow up has been thorough. If he had a fan club, I'm sure there would be plenty of us vying for presidency!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2013

Dr. Nelson is straight forward & honest in his care of his patients. He explained to me why I needed a hysterectomy, my options, addressed my concerns & respected my wishes when I wanted to change certain aspects of my procedure. He was is very kind & caring. He is very easy to talk to & listens to his patients. His office staff & surgery team are top notch!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029096].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2013

He is a professional, knowledgeable and caring doctor. Without hesitation I highly recommend him. I am so pleased that he was recommended to me by another doctor in Longmont Clinic. I have found my new doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2013

Dr. Nelson is a fantastic doctor. Was referred by my primary care physician for fibroids. My case ended up being a bit more complex than I originally realized, resulting in laparoscopic hysterectomy. Dr. Nelson was amazing throughout the process- extremely knowledgeable, able to explain things clearly, returns calls promptly and personally, outstanding surgeon, fantastic bedside manner, and truly cares. Dr. Nelson has given me back my health and my active (pain-free, urine leaking-free) life, and I would highly recommend him to anyone. His staff (including his nurse Heather) and front desk are terrific also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029094].votes_count ]]