Rate Dr. Darcy N. Bryan

Dr. Darcy N. Bryan's Ratings

I am floored by all the negative comments about Dr. Bryan. I am 56-years-old and she has been my gynecologist for 4 years. Dr. Bryan has helped me through menopause since I wanted to do it without hormones and it has not been easy. She has patiently explained multiple ways of handling symptoms and gave me several natural remedies to explore. I had a cancer scare, and Dr. Bryan performed the least invasive surgery possible as a first treatment, rather than a radical hysterectomy. With every step, in every treatment, and at every appointment, Dr. Bryan either thoroughly explained the procedure OR gave me literature that thoroughly explained my condition and how she would be treating me. I don't know why she would treat me any differently than the rest of her patients. The worst comment I have to make is I do sometimes have to wait well beyond my appointment time. Dr. Bryan can't always predict the length of a surgery or the number of patients' questions. Don't be so mean!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I went in to see her during my lunch hour during working day(specifically made the appointment so I can see her during my lunch time) she came in 40 min late due to her morning surgery. = ( I went in for one procedure and by staff's mistake I got totally different procedure paying $100 + $30 doctor's visit co pay. Of course later on I've received $100 back but didn't get compensated for my time and effort. Can't believe doctor's office staff made that kind of mistake. Staff in front desk literally didn't know what sonohysterogram was. Never received sorry from the doctor nor the staff..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2012

DON'T GO TO DARCY BRYAN!!! I saw this MD twice. First time she made me wait over one HOUR! Today, my second visit, i was 10 minutes late. The front desk girl had the nerve to chastise me and tell me they will see me "this time" but Dr runs on time and i can't be late again. Really??? When they called me back, i sat in that exam room for 35 minutes!!! I was so angry walked out. On the way Darcy was standing there and said, "oh you're next", i said forget it. Within 5 minutes i get a call on my cell. The number was unknown so it went to voice mail. I was HORRIFIED to review the message and hear Dr Bryan leaving me a long message telling me all about my lab results!!! Including words like tumor, cyst and fibroid!! I could not believe me ears! My outgoing message does NOT identify me! And she said my name and everythin, this could have been a wrong number or forwarded to someone I know the works! HIPPA VIOLATION! Not only will i not return, i'm reporting her. DON'T GO TO HER!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Poor customer service by staff, my prenatal care was alright, post natal care I was so stressed out dealing with her staff following up paperworks that needs to be signed, I get told dr Bryan is busy everytime I call for some clarification.I will definetely be changing my ob doctor. No matter how good dr Bryan is if her staff are clueless of their responsibility/ accountability, she will lose patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

doctor was on my insuranc provider list. emy office visit was nearly a year ago and i am still dealing with the terrible experience i had there. I have been sent to collections for the bill of this visit that my insurance company paid. I should have known from the beginning when the woman who answered the phone was rude and short with me that it was going to be bad. I asked the price for a routine examine to which her response was 'there isnt one it depends what the doctor feels is necessary'- that is ludicrous you dont just make up the amount as you go!! none the less i went for my exam the doctor was nice but short with me i got my BC RX and was on my way only to find out two months later my RX that was supposed to be for a year had already expired and neither i or the pharmacy could get ahold of the doctor to find out what had happened with my rx. I have since found a new doctor and am filing an official claim and dealing with the bill that was already paid. DO NOT GO HERE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I was referred to her by my primary because she was nearby and in my plan. My experience with her was horrible. She was rude and condescending when I asked questions about my care. At one point she actually said, "oh, you must have been very smart in school". Well, since I didn't go to medical school I figure I should ask MY DOCTOR about my care. I'm a CPA, not an MD. Talk about a smart arse. Her nurse assistant seemed embarrassed. I tried to talk to her about changing hormones because of my age and if it could impact my weight and she gave me a sarcastic - calories expended need to exceed calorie intake. Thank you Captain Obvious, how about a little more doctor and a little less sarcasm? Then I asked her questions about peri menopause and she was even sarcastic with that! I got more information from Dr. Google than from Dr. Bryan. When I told my primary that I felt she had a bad bedside manner, she definitely didn't disagree with me! I will not put my trust in her to manage my health care ever again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I saw Dr. Byran for a prenatal visit and I found her to be cold and unfriendly. As this is my first baby I had alot of questions and it appeared as if she didn't want to answer them and the ones she did answer she spoke to me like a child. I would not reccomend this doctor. Making your patients feel comfortable is more than half the battle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2010

I SAW DR. BRYAN WHEN SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN FRESH OUT OF MED SCHOOL. SHE LOOKED SO YOUNG I ACTUALLY THOUGHT SHE WAS A BACK OFFICE GIRL! I WAS HAVING MY FIRST BABY, AND ALTHOUGH PEOPLE SAY SHE'S NOT VERY PERSONABLE, I DIDN'T FIND THAT TO BE A PROBLEM. WHAT SHE MAY LACK IN 'PERSONAL RELATIONS', SHE MORE THAN MAKES UP FOR IN SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE AND I FOUND HER PATIENT RAPPORT AND BEDSIDE MANNER TO BE JUST FINE. SHE TOOK GREAT CARE OF ME AND MY SON WHEN HE WAS BORN VIA CESAREAN. WHEN I HAD MY DAUGHTER, I WOULD HAVE USED HER AGAIN BUT I AM 80 MILES AWAY NOW. IF YOU WANT A SWEET DOCTOR, FINE, GO FIND ONE. BUT IF YOU WANT YOU AND YOUR BABY TO BE IN GREAT HANDS, TRUST DR. BRYAN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2010

The staff is very helpful. They always take the time answer ny questions when I call even if they seem silly. Dr.Bryan always makes me feel comfortable. I never have to wait a long time when going in for my appointments. I even called to speak to Dr. Bryan with some concerns about my tests. She took the time to call me back not once twice within the hour.She went over my results and helped me understand them. Dr.Bryan is a wonderful doctor and I am so glad that she is my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I thought Dr. Bryan was very professional. I think she isn’t very personable, but I’m not trying to go have a drink with her. I don’t need to be friends with my doctor. I just want to make sure she knows what she is doing. She seems to be very educated, and knows what she is talking about. She is very highly recommended from Riverside Community Hospital and My children’s pediatrician. I think the staff is very friendly, I had a great experience and would recommend her to friends..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1029898].votes_count ]]