Rate Dr. John R. Miklos

Dr. John R. Miklos's Ratings

At first Dr Miklos was a God send ... or so I thought! He had originally taken out the transvaginal mesh that had made me so miserable and I felt great. But, I soon had to have another emergency surgery and then another scheduled one 6 months later... Fixing the same problems! I called his office over the course of a year because of even more complications and he would not take any interest in trying to fix the problem. He really is a one trick pony-and not a very good one at that! Don't let his false advertising fool you! He is not the best at what he does! Always do your homework and get ALL the info you need! I trusted him and am in worse shape than I was before!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

I went to Dr. Miklos for surgery on August 12, 2014. My office visit with him before that was the best I've ever had. His staff was so nice and professional and made me feel comfortable instead of embarrassed. Kay and Mindy were extra great. Dr. Miklos has a great personality and spent more time with me than any doctor I've ever been to. He explained my diagnosis and then all options in detail and he let me decide. He did not try to push any procedures. He just gave information, answered questions, and let me decide with NO PRESSURE whatsoever. He does not try to sell anything. He is a very knowledgeable and skilled physician. I've worked for physicians since 1984 and he is the best I've seen. I traveled from Florida to have him take care of me and am very glad I did. His staff helped me with hotel and location arrangements. The hospital staff and anesthesiologist, Dr. Lazarus, were great. I can't think of one thing to complain about or that I would change. Dr. Miklos did a Burch bladder procedure, repair of paravaginal sheaths, vaginal tightening, and perineoplasty. I had 10 lb babies. I've heard horror stories from other women who've had laparoscopy, but Dr. Miklos pressed all the air out before closing my laparoscopy holes so I had NO trapped gas pain! He is meticulous and kind and a great person. I have healed with no problems and feel great. I stopped taking pain medicine on day 3 or 4. I was able to go back to work at 2 weeks. I'm at 5 weeks now and all is well. I couldn't recommend a doctor more than I do Dr. Miklos. I am grateful to him for making me a new woman and repairing what I needed since my last baby over 16 years ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Dr. Miklos and Dr. Moore are NOT urologists. You have them in the wrong category. They are urogynecologists. NOT the same thing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Dr Miklos is a very kind and compassionate Doctor. He educates his patients and is very straightforward and confident. I had my first surgery last year and it was 5 procedures. He provided wonderful post op support. He is very accessible. He always returns your call and email. When my gyn found some scar tissue I immediately thought I am not allowing anyone but Dr Miklos to take care of it. His staff moved quickly to fit me in for a consult and arranged it so that I could have my surgery the next day to save me a second trip. I had my surgery yesterday. It went very well. I only required one pain tablet. I drove myself home today.He will tell you honestly his opinion and he doesn't try to sell you his services. He allows you to make the choice. I didn't feel any pressure from him or his staff to proceed. His staff is very courteous and personable . Kay in particular is a gem. The staff at Northside respect him tremendously. So do I. OM from VA

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

While it is true that Dr. Miklos spent a good deal of time with me, he has a procedure to sell and he did not pay attention to my individual symptoms. I went to him for incontinence and a weakened pelvic floor. He was determined to fit me in the box that described a need for his mesh sling surgery. He performed a test in which he filled my bladder with water and asked me when it was full. I was alarmed that I was numb and could not tell him. He dismissed this because it was an irrelevant symptom. I am so glad that I did not have the $10K surgery not covered under insurance. It turns out that I had a condition of yeast overgrowth that blocked my urethra and made me numb. It took radical changes in diet and herbal remedies to heal me not a surgery. Be careful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1031133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2014

I had went to one DR. Stern when I was 18 and had an absolutly horrible experience, terrible bedside manners, rude, and ruined my labia so that I had to get 2 other surgeries! I found Dr. Miklos in Georgia and itb was well worth the trip. I could not have asked for a better experience. The whole staff is amazing, thoughtful and actually listens to you. My last surgery went perfect, fast healing time and minimal pain. I highly recomment Dr. Miklos for labiaplasty!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2013

my wife saw Dr miklos today, he was extremely rude, his staff was very nice, my wife was not impressed with the rude doctor at all, big waste of time and money

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1031131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

I went to Dr. Miklos' office because I had an eroded transvaginal mesh sling. Other doctors over the years had given me cream for the erosion, told me I was having problems because of my age, but removing it was never a option. After researching online I realized I had many problems due to the mesh, but mesh is supposed to be permanent, and I was led to believe it was almost impossible to remove it. I was very discouraged, but it got to the point I could no longer work due to the pain, so I had to do something. After speaking with Dr. Miklos, I knew everything was going to be ok. We devised a plan to correct all my problems, and my surgery was a complete success. That was 3 weeks ago. I plan to go back to work next week. He was wonderful and caring, the staff at his office are great. I did not know that level of customer service still existed in the medical field today. I would recommend his office to anyone who has the transvaginal mesh sling. I already feel so much better!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr. Miklos was very through, professional and did a wonderful job with my surgery. His staff is great to work with, very accessible and helpful, both pre and post-surgery. I had a complicated history and surgical procedures, which were very successful. I could not be more pleased in all regards. He is an extremely talented surgeon and I feel blessed to have found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2013

DR. MIKLOS = CRÈME DE LA CRÈME My daughter is an OBGYN, and she did thorough research to find the very best doctor in the U.S. to do my much needed intricate surgery. I was willing to travel almost anywhere to have “the best”. Before going through all this, I wanted the best prospect for the surgery to be a success. Dr. Miklos is a pioneer in his specialty and has done more of these surgeries than any other doctor in the world. His amazing statistical success results are 2nd to none, particularly for the more difficult surgeries. My daughter conferred with other doctors she had great respect for in the field. ONLY TWO NAMES SURFACED! They were Dr. Miklos and Dr. Moore in Atlanta, where I live! Both are top notch. I had an excellent physician that made good-patient behavior and my investment of time and money worthwhile. I have had ZERO problems. For my OBGYN daughter and me, Dr. Mikos is the CRÈME DE LA CRÈME. SM Atlanta, GA

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031128].votes_count ]]