Rate Dr. Susan M. Deluca

Dr. Susan M. Deluca's Ratings

Staff was very helpful. I had to wait an extremely long time for doctor to see me. Staff kept me updated on wait time. I know the doctor takes time with her patients but maybe she should change her schedule to see less patients. Doctors make own schedule. Also, by reading past reviews, how can a doctor who has office hour less than 30 be expected to call back all requests. I am happy to speak with any one of her office staff.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2013 | flag

As others have said, since she moved to Beverly, her office staff is the worst. They very rarely get any messages to the correct person, nor do they care. They act like you are bothering them to actually do the job they are paid for. Impossible to get a call back from the doctor, only the assistants do callbacks when they feel like it. Very unprofessional office, Wish she had never left Topsfield !!

Submitted June 20, 2012 | flag

Dr. Deluca is a great Doctor but the staff since moving to Harborlite leaves allot to be desired (to put it nicely)trying to get an appt. with her is next to impossible since her staff seems to be in chargeof this.

Submitted May 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. DeLuca has great "bedside" manners. She is genuinely warm and caring. When she moved to her new locale - which is farther away from my house - I followed her because I appreciate her intelligence, friendliness and time she takes to discuss my health. You never feel rushed with her. I don't sense I am on some insurance company "clock" like I have with some other doctors. Of course, the downside to that is you can be left in the waiting room a long time because she is probably giving thorough time to other patients that arrived before you. Your best strategy would be to book an appointment earlier in the morning before her backlog starts. Otherwise, if you choose Dr. DeLuca you have to be willing to put up with the wait as the day progresses. As far as the Nurse Practitioners go, I have had some who are fairly knowledgeable, but others less so. The NPs I have had have been very nice and friendly. The front office staff seems somewhat frazzled, perhaps it goes with the territory.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2011 | flag

I was Harborlight Medicine patient for 4 (four) years. Susan Deluca was my doctor. I have not seen her once during those 4 years. I was seen by different nurse practitioners (NP). My last 4 visits were related to my cough, I was misdiagnosed 3 times and took a lot of unrelated to my problem medications before I got my 4th appointment, after which they kicked me out from the practice. The staff there is rude and unhelpful; nurses return your call when you are already in the office waiting to be seen by NP and you are lucky if there is not schedule conflict and NP actually has time to see you. They never forget to collect your copayment, but can forget to provide you service. If you are not a patient there yet, don’t even think to go there, if you already are – good luck!

Submitted Aug. 2, 2011 | flag

Dr Deluca is alright...when you are allowed to see or speak with her...which is NEVER! Dr. D's office help is a detriment to her practice.

Submitted July 25, 2011 | flag

Fabulous people that care and take the time to answer your questions. They are patient and kind. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

Service has been increasing declining. Left on hold for over 8 m inutes, then disconnected when being sent to voicemail. NP's do not consult on conditions they are unfamiliar with and the patients health suffers. It's rare you get to see an actual doctor rather than get passed around the nurse practitioners. Then the office delays several days filling prescription refills even after calls AND pharmacy requests so you are without medications. I have been a patient here for nearly two decades and am thorough saddened by the recent treatment.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2011 | flag

I am very pleased with HarborLight and Dr. Deluca. She is extremely warm, kind and caring.She puts you at ease and takes lots of time listening! I feel very lucky to be in her care.Jennifer Rafus one of the Np's is equally wonderful. They have gone out of there way for me and my family on more then one occassion. I wish the wait for Dr.deluca was shorter but she cares and does take the time. jennifer is very prompt and also takes lots of time. They are a great team!

Submitted Dec. 1, 2010 | flag

I like Dr. Deluca, but agree you never really see her. The nurse practioners seem pretty good, but they don't have the experience and/or training to make them good substitutes for physicians. I had a recent poor experience that could have had dire consequences had I not been so risk adverse, self-educated on the medical topic, and insisted on a specialist referral. I'd suggest that family history be reviewed more carefully and consistently. Overall, though, I'm happy with the practice. But I think, as is the case with all medical practices, you need to be your own advocate.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2010 | flag