Rate Dr. Gary Redekop

Dr. Gary Redekop's Ratings

Nothing but praise for Dr. Redekop and the staff at VGH. Coming up 5 years that he clipped my ruptured brain aneurysm and I don't think I could have gotten better care anywhere in the world.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

My family has a very long history of Brain Aneurysms. My mom and her brothers passed from this. I had one that did burst in my brain and was flown to Vancouver from the island. Dr. Redekop repaired me with the coil. Since then my whole family has had MRI"s and it was found that some of them also had aneurysms. He has since repaired my whole family and just finished one today with great results. He is a fantastic human being with brains and from what I can remember a very good looking man. Kleco, Kleco (Thank you) Dr. Redekop

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2439068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

I have been suffering from Brain Aneurysm, and had three un-ruptured aneurysms between 3mm to 16mm. I was worried sick about my diagnosis and after a lot of research and seeing one other brain specialist, I finally saw Dr. Redekop. From the time of first visit he exuded confidence; he comforted me and my wife, and put my mind at ease. He’s got great bed side manners, explained the procedure, and scheduled me in. The operation went very well, despite challenging conditions (aneurysm behind my left eye). He re-assured me before going into the room, and gave immediate update to my family when operation was over, and followed-up post-surgery. My recovery was incredibly fast, and after 6mos post-surgery I have very few side effects after such a major operation and I am almost back to 100%. Dr. Redekop is not only a great doctor with exceptional skills, he’s also an honest and caring man. Cannot thank him enough for what he did for me and my family and cannot recommend him enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2012

I can not say enough good things about Dr. Redekop. He is not only an amazing surgeon, he is down to earth, kind and personable. Despite serious and scary circumstances he always put me at ease and I feel better about my situation after seeing him. He is very even tempered and calm in his approach. You are lucky to have him as your surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

Dr. Redekop decided not to work with my daughters tumor after months of waiting to hear back because it "simply" wasn't important enough for his "big reputation".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

I don't know a lot about neurosurgery but O do know that without Dr. Resekop's help I would not be here .He persuaded me to undergo surgery and he performed the surgery.I am teuly grateful to Dr. Redekop and the others who assisted in the surgery and those who literally ' nursed' me back to health!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

This past Christmas I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I was sent immediately down to VGH to see Dr. Redekop. He met me in emergency after reviewing my file and admited me for surgery the next day. I was very impressed with his bedside manner,and his desire to take the time to explain everything thoroughly to both me and my husband. My surgery went very well and I was left with no complications or neurological deficits. He is a wonderful surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of a neurosurgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2011

I have nothing but praise for this doctor who has perforned two seperate surgeries on my brain to remove two large menengioma tumors (2000 & 2006). He has given me the spirit and confidence to recover fully and quickly. If anyone who reads this rating to make a decision on his abilities I would like to say that he is likely the best Neurosurgeon in Canada and I thank all the powers above for giving me the good fortune to have been referred to Dr. Redekop. "Your in good (steady) hands with Dr. Redekop".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2011

Dr. Redekop saved my life and my baby's life 9 years ago. I had an avm that bleed while being pregnant. He was able to operate with no harm to me or the unborn child. Other doctors told me that the baby would probably not make it. My son is healthy, beautiful and smart. Dr. Redekop was wonderful, personable, and I am truly grateful to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2011

In 2000, I was diagnosed with an 8" in diameter right parietal AVM. I was put under Dr. Redekop's care which to this day I am so grateful. I was 30, married, with a 3yr old daughter and had just started a new career which required top physical and cognitive abilities, in other words I had a lot to live for and a lot to lose. Much like many others, Dr. Redekop put me and my wife at such ease that our stress level was much more manageable. He showed amazing compassion and understanding when after a 6 hour embolization, I found myself feeling so "different" that I refused to have the intrusive surgery which was schedule only days later. He showed understanding but at the same time was able to relay the importance of having the surgery completed. One week later he amazingly performed a 20 hour operation to remove the AVM. After less than a year of healing, I assumed full duties at work and have had 10 more active beautiful yrs. with my family. The 3 of us thank you Gary Jason, Di & Allie

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1031791].votes_count ]]