Rate Dr. D. JEFFREY Gunnells

Dr. D. JEFFREY Gunnells's Ratings

Visited Dr. Gunnells after reporting bleeding during my 1st trimester pregnancy. I was treated like this was of no big concern and was told I had a miscarriage. Pregnancy test was coming up vaguely pregnant. One solid line and one faint line. No idea how far along I might have been because no type of ultrasound/sonogram or any other type of checking was done. The doctor was not sympathetic at all, and offered no assistance, or emotional support. I am very disappointed with the way he acted on my visit. He did not volunteer any information that might have let me know what might have happened, or any thoughts. Just came in the room, talked to me and my husband, and then asked me what I had expected out of the visit. Like I was crazy for expecting something more thorough. I will never go back to him again. I do not lime being talked to like I'm some ignorant person who doesn't know anything about my body.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr.Jeffrey Gunnells was on call the morning I went into labor with my 2nd child. This was the first time I had ever met him. My labor was going smooth and progessing well until about mid way through. Dr. Gunnells has discovered my babies umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck twice. Dr. Gunnells immediently brought this to the nurses attention. I became very nervous and upset. I was afraid the cord would tighten even more as I started to deliver my baby. Dr. Gunnells took the time to assure me if any stress whatsoever occured as I started to deliver that he was going to rush me in for a c-section birth. As soon as I started delivering my baby Dr. Gunnells cut the cord away from my babies neck. My baby girl arrived safe and sound. That was 24 years ago, but I will never forget how Dr. Gunnells took those extra few minutes to reassure me to trust him that my baby would be fine.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2013 | flag

I felt that Dr. Gunnells was condescending, and would never go back to him again. Although American Family Care had diagnosed me with a breast abscess, he sneered at the diagnosis, although I had brought my chart note. The chart note was ambiguous because it was "canned dictation" not giving as much information as it should have. I thought Dr. Gunnells lacked any personality, and would never trust him with my care.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2012 | flag

I used Dr Gunnells with both of my pregnancies and he was the most knowledgeable doctor who is straight to the point and always open to hear your thought on birth plans and the like. I am very sad that my insurance has changed that I cannot use him again as even though he was not on call he came in to deliver both my children! That's what I call commitment to your patients.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2011 | flag

He is not a very helpful or friendly person, we were not pleased with his attitude. He was on call for another physician and my daughter absolutely dreaded having him walk in the room. He acted like it was an imposition on him. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2010 | flag

Very nice and attentive doctor. Always helpful and just all around a nice manner. His nurses are very courteous and helpful as well.Always on time.Wait time has never been more than 30 min.

Submitted March 12, 2010 | flag

Wonderful doctor, very attentive and great nursing staff to work with.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2009 | flag