Rate Dr. Gail Skowron

Dr. Gail Skowron's Ratings

I have been a patient for a number of years. have noticed a significant decline in service in the last couple of years. Most recently went in complaining of low-grade fever, lethargy, head and body aches and brown sputum. I had suggested possible walking pneumonia. I am a distance runner and told her that my race time the day before was more than two minutes slower than my average. i was told "you may be in better shape than the rest of us , but you wouldn't be able to even finish a 5k race if you had pneumonia". I was also told that my lungs sounded clear and a chest x-ray would be a waste of money. She went on to say that my symptoms were probably due to changing my HIV meds 3 months prior to this and switched my meds. After two weeks of no improvement, I went to another doctor and after a chest x-ray it was confirmed that I had pneumonia. This hardly the first misdiagnosis by this doctor but for me it will be the last. I feel she is more focused on her research/students.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1033803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2013

Doctor Skowron is by far the most knowledgeable and thorough doctor in her field that I am aware of or who has treated me. Her staff is professional and willing to go above and beyond for the clients. Karen Burke, doctor Skowron's Physicians Assistance is tireless in her efforts to support doctor Skowron and they share the same desire to see their patients improve and/or maintain their health. I highly recommend Doctor Skowron, and some of my friends have begun treatment with her and have left their previous doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1033802].votes_count ]]