Dr. Joseph K. Hyon

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 09/03/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Joseph K. Hyon has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

10/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6

09/03/14 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab" to "Internist / Geriatrician"

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Joseph" to "Joseph K."
RID: 2864958
20/09/13 2 2 2 2 Waited too long. Lousy staff. Office run down. Doc ok. Took insurance  Respond
RID: 2534268

17/01/13 3 3 2 2 I don't get the steallar reviews; I really don't. In search of a local primary physician, and based on ratings here, I tried Dr. Hyon. The office is OK if slightly run down, and while Dr. Hyon was certainly friendly enough, he did not impress me as overly knowledgeable or thoughtful. I also walked out with two unnecessary prescriptions based just on cursory conversation - these immediately went into the garbage. I want a super smart, excellent detective as an internist - someone who won't hesitate to prescribe medication when appropriate, but won't push it when unnecessary. If that's what you're looking for as well, I would not go here.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2512830

26/12/12 1 3 1 2 I did not have a problem with Dr. Hyon, but I have had multiple difficulties with his staff. He has an assistant that I found extremely rude and cocky. It's one thing to to get an "attitude" from a doctor, but totally another to get it from his staff. I will not put up with that, nor should I have to.
RID: 1480977
07/07/11 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Hyon for 3 years now. Lucky for me. He figured out a real rare case with my gall bladder. It was painful and dangerously close to a real bad ending. He disgnosed me quickly, accurately and scheduled me for surgery. I cannot reccomend him enough. If you want one of the very best Internal Medicine Doctors in Bergen County. You will be pleased with Dr. Hyon. He has great bedside manner, he listens intently and focuses on your issues without being distracted. His Diagnostic skills are renowned and his staff is competent, courteous and prompt. I cannot reccomend him enough.
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1446724
21/05/11 5 4 5 5 I have been sick for the last 4 years and my dr could not diagnose what was wrong with me. When, as a last resort, he wanted to put me on anti-depressants because I was so tired all the time, I decided to find another doctor. I looked online for "amazing Diagnosticians" and Dr. Hyon's name came up. His office is an hour from my house but went anyway. After looking at my blood results and doing a very thorough exam he referred me out for an endoscopy. There the Gastroenterologist diagnosed me with celiac disease. Dr. Hyone is a genius!!! He is an amazing dr and a very kind, compassionate man. I have suffered for 3 long years with an illness that could have been discovered with a simple test. If you are frustrated with your Dr because you know you aren't a hypochondriac but she/he can't figure out what is wrong with you GO SEE DR HYON!!! I owe him my sanity and gratitude!!

RID: 1262041
30/09/10 4 4 5 5 Very friendly, excellent diagnostics, and gives you the right suggestions. I found him thru this website and am compelled to add to the GOOD reviews. I've tried many Dr's in Bergen County and by far he's the best I found!
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1136862
26/03/10 4 4 5 5 I have gone to Dr. Hyon for 4 years now. He came recommended by my OB/gyn. I had told him I didn't like my general doctor and he asked why wasn't I going to Dr. Hyon. Took the recommendation and I am so glad I did. He is very thorough in diagnosis. Great bedside manner. I even bring my sons now.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1127603
14/03/10 5 5 5 5 In 1997 I moved to the US and didn't know any doctors over there. I was consulting in a clinic where I met Dr. Hyon. He was my doctor until I moved back to Canada and since then I haven't found another doctor as good as he was (especially here in Canada where it is almost impossible to find a doctor).  Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 890973
18/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hyon is the best doctor I have ever met - hands down. He is an excellent diagnostition and truly cares about his patients on both a professional and personal level. His staff is very courteous and welcomes you like family no matter how busy they might be. I'm very fortunate to have Dr. Hyon as my healthcare provider.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 882111
08/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hyon is an excellent Doctor who has always been on time, and willing to sit and listen to what the patient has to say. I can't comment on some of the other negative postings I have read regarding the front office, but in the three plus years I have been seeing Dr. Hyon, the staff are always professional and on top of any problems that may arise regarding records and/or prescriptions. Hands down, the best Dr. in the area in my opinion.
RID: 873332
29/04/09 5 4 5 5 Knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and kind. Everything you could ask for in a medical office. Thank you!
RID: 869674
24/04/09 1 1 1 3 Poor follow-up, contradictory information from staff, cannot seem to coordinate sending records to Hackensack Radiology in Oradell for two weeks contrary to information office gave to me on three different occasions confirming they were sent. I guess it's okay I sit around in pain waiting for answers? Four calls to the Radiology group over a week span confirms they never received my records although Dr. Hyon's office says they sent them. I seem to be doing THEIR job following up on things. I think I chose the wrong doctor and group to put my family's and my health issues aside. I placed a total of eight phone calls to two different parties and received erroneous answers. And America wants a socialized healthcare system?
RID: 773315
26/01/09 5 4 5 5 There is no better Dr. in Bergen county in fact, perhaps, all of NJ! Dr. Hyon takes his time with his patients. He is an amazing diagnostician. He will provide the best care and avoid further testing if he thinks he can fix it on his own, (i.e. pinched nerve in neck.) My husband and I are 44 years old and have been with Dr. Hyon since he started his practice many years ago. I would never let another Dr. treat us. My sister had to leave him due to an insurance change - well - she is coming back to him - because she only trusts him! (Regardless of the cost!) At times, we do have to push for an appointment - because the office is busy - but NP Bob is just as outstanding if Hyon is truly unavailable. Nurse Barbara and Babs - well - there's noone better! Anyone who would find fault with this office or Dr. Hyon is probably uneducated and not aware of what outstanding health care is all about. J & P - Bergen County
RID: 705788
20/10/08 1 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Hyon for approximately 3 months now and was referred to him by a physician at Valley Hospital's ER the last time I was there for migraine headache emergency treatment. Dr. Hyon is the only physician I have visited over the last 20 years to correctly diagnose my migraine headaches. In addition he's the only Dr. I have been to that can, with a neck adjustment, 100% remove a migraine headache! My only complaint is his staff leaves a very poor impression of who he is as a physician. I adore his nurse, Barbara but can live without his receptionist Rose. The NP is also very good and has a calming, self-assured demeanor. In addition to the migraines he is treating my for high BP and that is now completely under control and I feel great! THANK YOU DR. HYON!
RID: 623655
25/06/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hyon is an excellent doctor who takes the time to really listen to you. Our family would highly recommend him.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 615316
17/06/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Hyon is an excellent, highly capable doctor. He always takes the time to listen to concerns, and trys to help you find solutions in your best interest (like exercises, change in diet, etc.) instead of just prescribing drugs. He treats the whole person, and explains everything to you. His staff is amoung the friendliest, most professional I have ever encountered. I cannot say enough good things about his work and his staff. For emergencies I have had to see another doctor in the practice, and also the nurse practictioner - both of whom were also excellent.
RID: 378621
03/08/07 5 4 5 5 Dr. Hyon is the doctor most recommended by the staff at PVH. He is regarded as a first class diagnostician. The doctor is personable and no nonsense kind of guy. I would highly recommend him. Only problem his practice has grown so that patients are often asked to accept an appointment with his associates.
* - Rating left by a registered user