Rate Dr. Joseph K. Hyon

Dr. Joseph K. Hyon's Ratings

he doesn't double book he triple books. never runs any test after dispensing medication. he's a guy who only wants to make lots of money of the health care system.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I had excruciating back pain and went to Dr. Hyon. He administered cortisone shots in my back and was able to get me back on my feet. His bedside manner is kind and caring and he is extremely knowledgeable about the muscular skeletal system and internal medicine. I would highly recommend him. In addition, his new office is beautiful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Waited too long. Lousy staff. Office run down. Doc ok. Took insurance

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2013

I don't get the steallar reviews; I really don't. In search of a local primary physician, and based on ratings here, I tried Dr. Hyon. The office is OK if slightly run down, and while Dr. Hyon was certainly friendly enough, he did not impress me as overly knowledgeable or thoughtful. I also walked out with two unnecessary prescriptions based just on cursory conversation - these immediately went into the garbage. I want a super smart, excellent detective as an internist - someone who won't hesitate to prescribe medication when appropriate, but won't push it when unnecessary. If that's what you're looking for as well, I would not go here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

I did not have a problem with Dr. Hyon, but I have had multiple difficulties with his staff. He has an assistant that I found extremely rude and cocky. It's one thing to to get an "attitude" from a doctor, but totally another to get it from his staff. I will not put up with that, nor should I have to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Hyon for 3 years now. Lucky for me. He figured out a real rare case with my gall bladder. It was painful and dangerously close to a real bad ending. He disgnosed me quickly, accurately and scheduled me for surgery. I cannot reccomend him enough. If you want one of the very best Internal Medicine Doctors in Bergen County. You will be pleased with Dr. Hyon. He has great bedside manner, he listens intently and focuses on your issues without being distracted. His Diagnostic skills are renowned and his staff is competent, courteous and prompt. I cannot reccomend him enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I have been sick for the last 4 years and my dr could not diagnose what was wrong with me. When, as a last resort, he wanted to put me on anti-depressants because I was so tired all the time, I decided to find another doctor. I looked online for "amazing Diagnosticians" and Dr. Hyon's name came up. His office is an hour from my house but went anyway. After looking at my blood results and doing a very thorough exam he referred me out for an endoscopy. There the Gastroenterologist diagnosed me with celiac disease. Dr. Hyone is a genius!!! He is an amazing dr and a very kind, compassionate man. I have suffered for 3 long years with an illness that could have been discovered with a simple test. If you are frustrated with your Dr because you know you aren't a hypochondriac but she/he can't figure out what is wrong with you GO SEE DR HYON!!! I owe him my sanity and gratitude!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

Very friendly, excellent diagnostics, and gives you the right suggestions. I found him thru this website and am compelled to add to the GOOD reviews. I've tried many Dr's in Bergen County and by far he's the best I found!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2010

I have gone to Dr. Hyon for 4 years now. He came recommended by my OB/gyn. I had told him I didn't like my general doctor and he asked why wasn't I going to Dr. Hyon. Took the recommendation and I am so glad I did. He is very thorough in diagnosis. Great bedside manner. I even bring my sons now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

In 1997 I moved to the US and didn't know any doctors over there. I was consulting in a clinic where I met Dr. Hyon. He was my doctor until I moved back to Canada and since then I haven't found another doctor as good as he was (especially here in Canada where it is almost impossible to find a doctor).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035183].votes_count ]]