Rate Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's Ratings

Dr. Wittenberg gave me the gift of confidence. During my high school years, I was embarrassed about my smile which had a huge negative impact on my life. My orthodontist and Dr. Wittenberg created a treatment plan to correct my crooked teeth and align my jaw. The best part was that I didn't even need fixed braces. Dr. Wittenberg is the only surgeon who will do jaw surgery with invisalign. It was absolutely worth it. Thank you to his amazing staff for the support throughout my treatment. I am forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

I came a long way to see Dr Wittenberg and it was seller worth it. Very pleased and excited with my results. Super staff. Highly recommended

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

A pleasure to have met these amazing people who quite literally seem to be always smiling when you visit for your appointment. I hated my old face and Turkey neck and I was so pleased with my surgery and the care here. Dr Wittenberg is so sweet and attentive and quite an artist to have made me his canvas. Forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I had a jaw surgery with orthodontics Invisalign. My doctor told me Dr Wittenberg is the only surgeon who has the talent to do it with invisalign. Be was right. I did great and tgevresult is super good. I am crazy happy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Great respect for this doctor. He did an amazing job on my surgery and was really easy to talk to. Had double jaw surgery and within one week I was eating a burger. No pain and even though the internet showed lots swelling I had like wisdom teeth. His nurses are so good too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2701145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Wittenberg. He ended up charging more for the procedure than what we discussed in the consultation, which I had to pay $150 for. Then, nobody explained to me what was going to happen in the surgery and I woke up with the worst pain of my life because he put some tubes from the outside of my throat to my nose. (I had no idea he was going to do this. Maybe if he had explained it to me before, it would have been different.) After the surgery, I told him that nobody had explained to me what was going to happen in the surgery and he didn't believe me. He said that his assistants definitely had to explain that to me, which they never did. Even a few days before my surgery, I got a phone call from his office to go and pick up some elastics to keep my jaw closed. I was explaining to the receptionist that I couldn't be there by the time that she wanted me to, so she offered to leave the stuff outside of the office. Also they cancelled my appointment last minute because they were going on holidays (that's what the receptionist told me). After you pay someone $9,000 dollars, you definitely don't expect to be treated like that! Anyway, now it has been 2 years since my surgery and I still can't feel half of my chin and lip. I'm very subconscious of myself when I'm eating. I feel like I have food everywhere around my mouth because I can not feel anything. Also he left a long bolt in the bone beside my nose and another one in my chin bone which now I've learned that he uses long bolts when he could use smaller ones.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2610948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

I have practiced locally for a long time and know the community. Dr. Wittenberg is considered a superstar. He does so many types of surgery so well that the other Oral surgeons and even plastic surgeons are jealous as you can even see below with some obvious competition comments. I had him do my surgery and not only was my occlusion perfect but he did some other procedures that are somewhat cosmetic at the same time and I am incredibly grateful for the final result. The whole office is great and friendly and I model some of my office after his. There is no other with his talent in this area for sure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2607695].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Overall was pretty decent. The staff are awesome and very friendly. Dr. Wittenberg himself is for the most part pretty helpful. They don't warn you about the spaces that develop due to swelling so be sure to investigate and carefully feel around your mouth for food. I had food stuck on both sides far back in my mouth where your wisdom teeth were and got infection back there. I was able to fix it with amosan but could have been avoided. Just as a warning for others to look out for when you have your surgery. The pain was way lower then I thought it would be. The discomfort of like sleeping in a sitting position and swelling was the harder parts. I would definitely also suggest a sleeping pill the first night if its allowed. I didn't sleep at all the first night. Might as well have watched a movie because I sat there all night awake any ways. The day of surgery, I was really nervous and overwhelmed with what was going on but afterwards was fine. My jaw has healed up great now and minimal issues. Still have jaw clicking but no more overbite! From my experience, it was a good procedure and would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2564943].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

I have had a terrible experience with this man. He performed orthognathic surgery to correct my open/underbite, but used an incorrect procedure to do so, essentially putting both my jaws into unnatural and highly tense positions. Soon after, my jaw muscles and joints reacted, pulling my jaw back and giving me a worse bite and unappealing aesthetic result. He tried to blame this on my body and recovery methods to up-sell his implants, etc., get money for another procedure of the same type and weasel out of any liability. After going to a real surgeon, it became apparent that Wittenburg had performed the incorrect procedure and it must be corrected with an entirely different approach. In fact, I was told in no uncertain terms that many patients (including the guy's own staff!) had similar or even worse complaints about Wittenburg and had to seek other surgeons to correct his shoddy work. I was satisfied with the corrective procedure, no thanks to Wittenburg, and highly recommend not choosing this man to be your surgeon or for anything else for that matter.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2559940].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I am currently on day three of recovering from my four wisdom teeth extractions, and have been very pleased with the whole procedure. Dr. Wittenberg was a very kind, competent surgeon, and the staff were friendly and helpful. I was a little nervous having the extractions with only local anesthetic, but the manner and knowledge with which they were removed by was thoroughly commendable and very quickly had me at ease. After the procedure, I experienced very little pain and virtually no swelling. I am very happy to have found this surgeon, and would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512063].votes_count ]]