You may also like

Rate Dr. James C. Wang

Dr. James C. Wang's Ratings

I have just emerged from a jury trial in which we sued this person for the permanent damage he did to my foot with an unnecessary and mangled surgery. This is the third time he has been sued for the same malpractice. Another lawsuit is pending for the exact same misuse of his training and professional oath. He lied to me about what my injury was - a simple fifth metatarsal fracture, lied about the procedure he intended to perform, had me fill out paperwork in which he claimed to be an MD and orthopedic surgeon - which he is not - and performed a surgery that involved drilling four, four inch threaded pins into my foot and attaching an outside rail, for no medical reason. He is deeply invested in the company which manufactures the device he uses, and he uses it a lot. Using this device, he wrongly drilled a 'pin' through a joint. I am left with permanent pain and loss of function in my foot. The device he used is called an 'external fixator' and has legitimate use for complex multiple fractures which are severely out of alignment. My injury was simple, did not require intervention, and was removed by another doctor who was appalled at the device he saw for this simple fracture which should have been treated with a walking boot. Despite our best efforts, we did not prevail in this lawsuit. I remain very appreciative of our judicial system and for the opportunity to face this person publicly, and in a court of law. I am hopeful that these multiple lawsuits being brought against Wang, and this steady humiliating public attention will eventually dampen the ease and sense of imperviousness with which he acts, and harms people who come to him in good faith. I am writing this to caution anyone who encounters this person to seek a different medical professional. He is confident, relaxed and lies easily and without hesitation in a court of law and in his practice. Please beware of this person until he is finally stopped.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2756692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I went to Wang for Planter's in an isolated spot in one foot. He did not take me through the normal course of cures for this common problem, but taped, gave me an exercise and a shot. I was functioning and walking very well and enjoying my daily walks until he made an orthodic. I tried to tell him it was causing horrible pain, but he said to keep wearing it. In short, it caused 3x the problems that weren't there to begin with and then he wanted to do surgery. He told me there was a part added to the orthotics that caused the foot not to be flexible. Now I am left with trying to find a doctor to cure the damage he has caused, a lot of medical bills and I can not walk much at all anymore, let alone my nightly walks. Sadly, my life has changed for the worse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2011

Dr. Wang fixed a problem that another surgeon botched. I have been seeing him for 7 years and he has kept me walking. He's a master with treatment avoiding surgery as much as possible, AND the most ethical doctor I have ever known. Thank God for him!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1035413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Dr. Wang is an amazing person and a great doctor. He recently performed a complicated surgery on both my feet. His staff is excellent and happy to answer questions and he stays in constant touch - checking in via email and phone - and answering any question, big or small. We both expect a positive outcome to the surgery and while I'm glad I waited to find Dr. Wang, I wish I'd found him years ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2009

Dr Wang used external fixation after removing arthritis growth and scar tissue from a 20 yr old injury. While not completly recovered, he(and I?) are confident the surgery was successful. He is very knowledgable, easy to talk to and surgery follow up was flawless,calling me daily after surgery. with a slight exception to his receptionist who is sweet, but at times a little forgetful. His foremost concern (besides performing sucessful surgery) was pain control, and since I;m a big fat baby when it comes to pain, he was very thorough, and took into consideration my tolerance to pain meds, as I had been taking them for quite some time after an UNsucessful surgry. I would highly recommend him, hje does indeed look very cute in a bow tie.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2008

service: instantaneous if you show up on time. Exudes confidence, knowledge and what more can you say then -- cute, about a guy who wears bow-ties. I met Dr. Wang about 2 weeks before I was expected to run my first marathon. He taped my foot to cheat the deficit he diagnosed in my running gait. And then he did it again and again every 3 days to get me to the starting line. I finished. I am finished with marathons too, and only wish a 10th of my exposure to other doctors could be as comforting and about me as Dr. Wang makes me feel when he is treating me. In-grown toe nails aren't fun, but he takes care of them pretty pain-free too. If you want no drama care, call Diane and make an appoint for Dr. Wang. Mike

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

Dr. Wang is a highly skilled surgeon. Every surgeon I had consulted with previously offered little confidence in being able to fix my very complex foot problem. Upon meeting Dr. Wang, his confidence and expertise in foot deformities and problems was very evident. He was incredibly nice and spent a significant amount of time with me to explain in great detail what happened to my foot and how it could be repaired. He answered all my questions which put me at complete ease with proceeding with the necessary surgery I required to give me a functional foot. The surgery went extremely well and I was given superior post-operative care. He gave me a functional foot and for that I am truly grateful. Dr. Wang is an exceptional surgeon who truly cares about his patients and I am thankful for his expertise in being able to correct my very complex foot problem. I would definitely recommend him. He truly is a gem!!!!! His staff is also wonderful and supportive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

I have never had a better experience with any doctor! Dr. Wang and his staff were fabulous and I was treated amazingly in office and at the surgury center. I am in process of having a metatarsal lengthened via external fixation and Dr. Wang is ALWAYS available to answer any questions I may have. He is the most knowledgable foot doctor I have ever dealt with. He is making the whole process go so smoothly and has been helpful EVERY step of the way. He is extremely talented at what he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2008

Warning......Dr. JAMES C WANG, performed a bunion surgery on my foot and the result is bigger painful bunion and painful arthritis on big toe's joints that developed after the infection from the surgery. My foot was swallen for two months but he didn't tell me the truth that something is wrong. He got upset when I asked him why my foot is still swallen after 2 months. He kept saying it's OK until the 3rd months, he said the bone grow back and I need another surgery. I can't wear the shoes I used to wear and simple walking causing so much pain at the arthritis joints. I wish I have never met Dr. Wang.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035407].votes_count ]]