Rate Dr. Martin Bouliane

Dr. Martin Bouliane's Ratings

Dr. Bouliane is an excellent surgeon. Not only is he professional, but he is also very personable and patient. He performed right distal biceps repair on my arm after I injured it playing hockey. Since this was my first surgery, I had many questions prior to and after the surgery, which he answered willingly and thoroughly, never making me feel rushed or like I might be bothering him. He was great with my follow up appointments for the next 6 months as well, and continued to answer my many questions during the healing and rehabilitation process. My recovery has been very successful, which I attribute both to Dr. Bouliane's talent as a surgeon and his attentiveness and transparency during my post-surgery appointments. He is a highly engaged professional, and I would recommend Dr. Bouliane without reservation as a skilled orthopedic surgeon. I'm sincerely grateful he performed my surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2013

Very personable and friendly, and healing is going incredibly well. Had emergency surgery so ended up with Dr Boulaine by luck of the draw, but couldn't have gotten a better dr if I'd tried.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035483].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Bouliane after I had injured my shoulder on December 27, 2012. I then had surgery on my right shoulder on January 7, 2013 with Dr. Bouliane and everything went extremely well and I have not had any issues with my shoulder since then. Before I had my surgery, Dr. Bouliane went into great detail as to the specifics of how he would operate on my shoulder and the possible setbacks that I might encounter afterwards. If anyone out there has issues with their shoulder I would highly recommend you get referred to Dr. Bouliane. The staff at the Edmonton North Clinic who worked for Dr. Bouliane were just as wonderful! Thank you Elizabeth

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I had a shoulder reconstruction 8 weeks ago. I am more than delighted with this doc. He is punctual, concise, not knife happy. For me the bonus was that he is also very personable. I never expect that from a surgeon. From the first appointment I felt I was a partner in this venture to repair my shoulder and it has been a great ride. After only 10 days I was already happy I had the surgery. I could actually sleep thru the night which I had not for almost two years. Now 8 weeks out I am out of the sling, driving, cooking, working and doing physio. I wish he was still doing knees on a regular basis and not just for trauma as I need bi-lateral knee replacements. If you are referred to this doc you have the best. And Tracey is the best gate keeper ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2012

Dr. Bouliane is an excellent surgeon, who has helped me very much by replacing my right shoulder. Result - no pain, new lease on life. He is an amazing, dedicated person, and I am so lucky to have been operated on by this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035480].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2012

I had the surgery one week ago I am so surprised over how my shoulder feels so far after only one week it seems to have less pain every day. I have a follow up in a few days and hopefully he says take the sling off!! There punctuality is awesome and the staff so far seems friendly especially Tracy from the front office she always calls back when I leave a message. I will follow up in a month Thanks dr B!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2012

I found Dr Boulaine to be very knowledgable and helpful in explaining my options of my shoulder injury and his profesional opinion. He and his staff were very freindly and punctual. Great bedside manner and answered all questions with a smile. My shoulder surgery was a success beyond all expectations which I attribute to the skill and dedication of Dr Boulaine and his staff. Thank you Dr Boulaine. Doug.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

Dr. Bouliane was a great doctor. I've had 2 shoulder surgeries by him right and left shoulder, and I can say he takes the time to make me feel comfortable, and understand the risks he goes step by step of what he is going to do. very knowledgable and very nice! very well respected man. best surgeon by far in alberta. and produces very good results!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

I've had 2 shoulder surgeries (same shoulder) and 1 knee surgery from Dr. Bouliane. Aside from having to get shoulder surgery again (totally my fault), both surgeries went well and I returned to pre-surgery activity. I find Dr. B to be professional and respectful. I trust his judgment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2011

While my right shoulder replacement is still fresh, I would highly recommend Dr. Bouliane. On my part, I was not prepared with questions, clear and to the point - but that is being rectified. While busy, he offers undivided attention. He visited me daily in the hospital to inquire about my situation. Though my thinking was limp I recognize his great care and commitment. Here is one of the best doctors I've known. Having gone through leukemia I've met many physicians and you can place your health into his care. Thank you Dr. Bouliane and your staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1035475].votes_count ]]