Rate Dr. Paul John Hayner

Dr. Paul John Hayner's Ratings

If Dr. Hayner asks you a question during an physical exam do not answer it or you will be billed for an additional office visit.

Submitted July 26, 2014 | flag

I had not been to a doctor in several years but had some health concerns. Dr. Hayner and his staff were rude, condescending and completely uncaring. He made me feel like I was wasting his valuable time. He did not offer me any options to discover the root cause of my issues. In fact, he made me feel as if he thought I was making up my issues. He is the worst example of a doctor. I would not recommend him at all. His assistant Alysa is even more condescending.

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

Dr. Haynor was responsible for letting me know I needed bypass surgery. No obvious symptoms, but he became suspicious and ordered a routine test that led to another, and finally a (successful) quintuple bypass surgery. Great follow-up care. Very conscientious and up to date with technology.

Submitted July 1, 2014 | flag

I really don't like going to doctors but I did think Dr. Hayner was great. He knew just by looking at my throat that I had something wrong with my thyroid. I'm still in the process of treatment and I'm very happy with Dr. Hayner.

Submitted July 5, 2012 | flag

Submitted Nov. 18, 2011 | flag

The best doctor by far I have ever seen. He reviews all of your records and is very knowledgeable in his field. The staff are friendly and prompt, and there's a Blood Lab on the other side of the office! HIGHLY recommended.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2010 | flag

Astoria is lucky to have a doctor as kind and considerate at Dr. Hayner. He is smart and up on all new technologies and medications. I did not get any kind of condescension from him, he does listen well and helps cure the problem. Thanks Dr. Hayner.

Submitted March 20, 2009 | flag

PJ Hayner is one of the brightest physicians we have in Astoria. He is an intent listener and always explains the reasoning behind his diagnosis and treatment recommendations. He is polite and courteous. At the same time he is professional and business-like which may put off some people who are looking for a "huggy healer". I don't care about that stuff. I want just the qualities I have described. I like a doctor who is straightforward whose judgment I can trust. For me, he is A-1 top shelf.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2009 | flag

Our doctor for almost five years. Listens intently. Does not rush. We've never had to wait. Definitely interested, helpful and caring. Common sense approach. Doesn't rush into tests, x-rays nor unnecessary medications. Well educated and professional without a trace of arrogance. My husband and I have, fortunately, had no serious medical problems during the time Dr. Hayner has been our primary care physician, but his demonstrated and informed interest in medicine makes us comfortable that we could trust him to help and guide us through diagnosis and treatments. By the way, I happened across this website while trying to take a shortcut to find Dr. Hayner's street address. The negative comments don't resemble the Dr. Hayner we know.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2008 | flag

he is uncaring and incensitive and did not listen or even try to help me with my medical needs

Submitted April 13, 2008 | flag