Rate Dr. Wickus Venter

Dr. Wickus Venter's Ratings

Great diagnostician. Did not accept initial diagnosis without root cause. From fractured vertebra to Multiple Myeloma diagnosis in 2 days!!

Submitted March 17, 2011 | flag

Dr Venter is an extremely caring and thorough Doctor. He had to aspirate fluid from my knee and kept apologising as he knew the procedure was hurting me. He consulted with the Orthopaedic surgeon on call at Rockyview and they agreed on me going there the next day. I think he’s a great doctor and definitely has great bedside manor – which is lacking in many Doctors these days. Although he had many patients to attend to he made you feel like you were the only one.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2008 | flag

I ended up heading down to the South Calgary Health Centre - Urgent Care after going to two doctors regarding a pain in my lower right side. The first doctor wouldn't examine me, and told me the problem was in my head. The second doctor wanted to simply treat the symptoms after determining that it was not acute appendicitis. After having the pain worsen, I ended up down at the SCHC, under the care of Dr. Venter. I have to say, this man really cares about his patients! He got a copy of the ultrasound and blood work the second doctor ordered, and after agreeing that it was not an acute appendicitis, wanted to make sure it was not a chronic appendicitis (I've had this problem before). He ordered a CT scan as soon as possible. The next day I had a CT scan, and it turns out that I may have colitis or diverticulosis. This Dr. is truly an angel in disguise. He is very thorough, and his bedside manner is second to none. He even apologized for being so busy, which isn't his fault!

Submitted Aug. 1, 2007 | flag