Rate Dr. Dermot J. More O'Ferrall

Dr. Dermot J. More O'Ferrall's Ratings

Out of all the doctors I have visit this one pin point my problem and was concerned of the level of pain and medication to keep me going on my everyday live.he's very polite and amiable;he treat you as his only patient. Thank you Dr.Oferrall for keeping my pain on a level I can control . Grisel T. Cruz

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

Dr. More-O'Ferrall is probably the best pain management doctor I have ever worked with. Yes, he is very intelligent and he does take the time to explain things IF YOU ASK HIM. It's your health, take the initiative. The only negative thing I can possibly say about him is he left Aurora and Vanessa is no longer handling his scheduling. She was absolutely awesome. The only way to contact him seems to be through Advanced Pain Management and those schedulers are absolutely terrible. After months of trying to get in to see Dr. M-O through Advanced Pain Management, I was able to instantly get an appointment with him through Vanessa at Aurora. Only after I made an appointment through Aurora was APM able to set up an appointment, and even that one was for the day after the one Aurora made for me. In short, awesomely intelligent and capable doctor, but the staff he chose to be associated with is his only fault as far as I'm concerned. I will miss Vanessa and wish he took her with him.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. D.M.O'F, Dr. Frey, and the staff at APM have been very wonderful. They are very kind, caring, and respectful. I had an emergency around xmas, while Dr. M.O was on vacation with his family, and he called me and helped me out all the way from Florida! That to me makes an amazing dr. He got me an apt with his P.A Dr. Frey. She spent a lot of time with me and was just wonderful also. I feel like they both really care about people. Its a very nice feeling to be listened to by a dr. He even called me the day after (while he was still on vacation) to see how I was doing. I have never had a doctor do that! No words can describe how wonderful they both are. I am very lucky to have their help. I would defiantly recommend them to anybody and everybody!!!!

Submitted March 20, 2013 | flag

Great doctor, have not seen someone as helpful as him. He is great and really helped me relieve my pain.

Submitted March 11, 2011 | flag

extremely rude and disrespectful. snatched my hand written list of questions I wanted to ask from my hands as he walked in the room, read them to himself and did not ask me about them and did not give them back until I left. In fact made a sarcastic remark about how organized I was. he did not explain specifics of medication or other recommendations, did not listen to my questions and concerns in fact did not seem the least bit interested. I can not recommend this doctor based on his attitude and behavior. To be fair the treatment he prescribed might be effective but I will never know because his extreme rudeness is just to much to put up with. I am now looking for another pain specialist. email Joe at [email protected] for any questions

Submitted Feb. 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. M-O'Farrell has been a God-send! After suffering with lower back pain for 20+ years and finding myself in an ER via ambulance because I was awash in waves of nausea and faintness from the pain, I found mention of him online. It's been a few years now that he has helped me manage my pain in such a way that I have my life back. The accusations that he is eager to use injections is the exact opposite of my experience. As far as personality, he has spent the time I needed to understand my condition AND had the interest to ask me about my life-style and address possible contributing factors. If you're interested in getting the help you need from a truly great doc who knows what he's talking about, you can't go wrong here. Don't waste any more time shuffling from doc to doc when you can finally manage your pain. Sad that I wasted so many years but glad to finally arrive to a whole life.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2010 | flag

What a wonderful doctor! He took care of my pain. I would recommend him to anyone I know. I had seen multiple physicians before him, and none of them helped me like he did. His staff at Advanced Pain Management was excellent and everyone treated me with respect. Great experience.

Submitted July 17, 2009 | flag

Dr More O Ferrall is a wonderfully caring and excellent doctor. He helped diagnose the cause of my pain when multiple physicians had failed to do so. He treated me as a whole person and not a condition. He deals with many difficult chronic pain patients and I am delighted my Doctor recommended I see him. I would highly recommend him and have done so to many friends and family.

Submitted July 9, 2009 | flag

I've got a Long history With this doctor. I've read some of the negative comments below and I can understand how all of those kinds of things could happen. Dr More-O'Ferall is a bit like Simon cowell (infact he also looks and talks like him). In that sometimes he can be brutally honests and blunt. All of the treatments he does are of a reasonable sort and to be honest, as has been mentioned sometimes they dont work and sometimes they hurt. that Said I had speant nearly 20 years attempting to figure out what my problems were and this doctor was the ONLY one of HUNDREDS to be able to not only correctly diognose me but also to explain to me what my options are. I have "fired" him several times as his PA's have been at times incompotent and even cruel. I see Aric mentioned below a few times favorably , well Aric is someone that should IMO not be near a patient or allowed to walk and chew gum at the same time. Ellen on the other hand may be the finest patient care provider ever.

Submitted May 2, 2009 | flag

I needed a fresh team of docs to help ME get thru my very painful days.Instead of being "dropped",I got a referral FROM Dr. M-O'F so that I may find that help.Dr. M-O'F & Aric B.have done nothing but try to help me w/the knowledge that they've learned.YES,I went thru painful injections & much more,but I'm trying the alt. treatments that were suggested too!Dr. M-O'F & APM came to my defense after I was hospitalized.The hospital staff was too busy attacking me & saying that I was " a junkie" & "a drug addict" to take any notice that there was something truly wrong!But my pain doc came to defend my character & the medical instructions that HE GAVE ME.I never thought that the docs I saw 1x a month would defend me against the parade of "docs" sent in to tell me I was drug seeking,BUT they stood by the decisions they made for my health & did it by my bedside.No docs are perfect & not 1 of them know it all.Dr.M-O'F treated me as a PERSON 1st & then a pain patient.Somedays,that helps the most.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2009 | flag