Rate Dr. Jay Prochnau

Dr. Jay Prochnau's Ratings

Dr. Prochnau is a great allergist, has taken care of all three of my children. Great with any age and very compassionate. Would recommend.

Submitted May 22, 2014 | flag

I've seen many allergists over the years, and believe Dr. Prochnau is the best I've had for both his expertise, and his demeanor with patients. Has solved some big problems for me and my kids. Highly recommend

Submitted Feb. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr Prochnau is very very good,and is handsome enough to work on grays anatomy!

Submitted Dec. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Prochnau is a very personable, knowledgeable doctor. He was extremely helpful when I went to him with my asthma, and during the time when I couldn't afford prescription meds, he gave me as many samples as I needed to make it through. He also worked with me and only ever based his plans and prescriptions on where I was and what I was willing to do. Highly recommended.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2008 | flag

I switched to Dr. Prochnau after being dissatified with another allergist(K. Sheth). I'm glad I changed Drs. Dr. Prochnau seems to listen more and be more personable than the last. There have been times where I felt he was pushing drugs, but if I was consistent in telling him that I was doing fine with OTC stuff then he seemed to accept that. He provided me with some samples. Greatly appreciated! Moreover, he stopped ordering expensive breathing tests after the first couple never showed any problems (even when my asthma wasn't being controlled so well). He also appears to be more in agreement with my desire not be on lots and lots of meds. (The other dr. told me I was "resistant.") Dr. Prochnau is a fairly congenial doctor who definitely seems to know what he'd doing. My allergies and asthma are well controlled now. Some room for an improved bedside manner (could give a little more time with each patient, for instance), but no major problems with him. Would recommend Dr. Prochnau.

Submitted July 29, 2007 | flag