Rate Dr. Catherine Dewar

Dr. Catherine Dewar's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Dewer for many years and have always been treated with utmost respect. I am appreciative of her proactive, knowledgeable approach to my condition. She always listens and never hesitates to refer me to other specialists when needed. Her office is the epitome of efficiency. I've never waited more than 5 min. for my appointment. Other doctors should take lessons!

Submitted Nov. 2, 2013 | flag

After discussing my aches and concerns with Dr. Dewar, she ordered some tests and X-rays which resulted in a diagnosis of lung cancer. I was operated on and survived. By her promptness and professionalism, Dr. Dewar saved my life. Her office is pleasant, relaxing and in a central location in North Vancouver. Results of X-rays, scans, etc. are relayed to you quickly which helps with any anxiety you may have. I have Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome and look to her for good advice which is always there. Dr. Dewar is kind and compassionate and explains medical situations in laymen's terms so that when you leave the office you know you are in good hands and going forward with constructive solutions. I highly recommend Dr. Dewar for excellence in her field.

Submitted April 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Dewar is an excellent doctor, she always takes the time to explain things thoroughly and is very knowledgeable. I consider myself fortunate to be under her professional care. If I might respond to the post below, Dr Dewar gave a similar diagnosis to a friend of mine and saved her life, she recognized something others had missed. My friend is alive today because of Dr Dewar's excellent diagnostic skills.

Submitted April 5, 2013 | flag

Speaking off being rude.. She made my mother and my little sister cry in her office.., she told them that my sister have disaster test results and it looks like she is got cancer.. That was said before she had any proof, that is her exact words.. Then she said that she didn't have much time to attend to my sister bone problem because she was "tired"... My sister is going to see another specialist but not for another two weeks, in mean time she is crying every day thinking that she is dying... Is she?? Well, thanks Dr. Dewar, you really know how to destroy someone's mental health and my next step will be contacting Colledge of Physicians, you can't play God with sick people, have some compassion and learn better people skills.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2012 | flag

Wonderful staff. Dr. Dewar and her secretary runs a very efficient office. I am very happy with my care. I have osteoporosis and also osteoarthritis.

Submitted April 7, 2011 | flag

First Rate and I agree with all the excellent postings before me. Anyone would like this specialist, she is outstanding and compassionate.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2011 | flag

I found her truly awesome in every way, I am actually sorry I don't need to have another appointment because the injection cured my shoulder tendinitis problem! Thanks doc!

Submitted Dec. 10, 2010 | flag

this woman is awesome. I don't even have a diagnosis yet but she told me I am 'most unusual' and interesting and she sent me for lots of blodd tests and one xray. I really liked her and somehow I know I am finally going to get somewhere with this medical system. She did say my problem is probably rare. I really like her!

Submitted Oct. 15, 2010 | flag

I was very impressed with her attention to detail in asking me questions, and then examining me very thoroughly. I would highly recommend this lady. I have osteoarthritis.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2010 | flag

This is an incredible doctor. She saw me about 2 weeks ago, and she called me this week to let me know the results of a blood test which was on my mind, it was good news. I dont see her again for another month, but now I can relax. She is the best, she spent a lot of time going over the diagnosis and the treatment options. I am a hard patient to fix with bowel disease (Crohns) and arthritis, and she is working in collaboration with my bowel DOC and I am really pleased and optimistic, for the first time in17 years. Thanks Doc if you ever read this stuff. Greg P.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2010 | flag