Dr. Beatrice Wang

Dr. Beatrice Wang

Rate Dr. Beatrice Wang

Dr. Beatrice Wang's Ratings

My daughter (teenager) has seen Dr. Wang about 4 times in as many years for a few different things. Each time she has been "concerned", "knowledgeable" and provided the appropriate care for the situation. Her offices are very nice. Her staff members are "curt". Dr. Wang herself is "nice" but not warm and friendly. I would definitely refer her to someone who requires medical care and attention, but not if your looking for a warm and loving Dr./Patient experience.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

She diagnosed my problem right away, gave me the prescriptions necessary and took care of another problem. Wait time was no more than 10 minutes. Very helpful, going to see her again in a few months for a check up

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

Where do I begin? First I would say GO to another dermatologist!! I'm writing this in hopes that no one else will have to go through the horrible experience my family is going through because of her life threatening misdiagnosis. From beginning to end she was a disaster, I don't have enough place to explain all the mistakes and misdiagnosis here. I know it's not easy to find a dermatologist in the area but you will be healthier and happier if you do! I can't imagine anyone still in practice with less medical sense and less compassion. In my opinion she is not a good doctor nor is she a good person. She is not deserving of a 1 rating but there was nothing lower on the chart!

Submitted July 11, 2014 | flag

This is a dermatologist who doesn't seem to need to look at your skin or hear your description of symptoms to make a diagnosis. "Common things are common" is often said in medical school, but it doesn't mean all rashes are eczema or that all young women want acne medication... Also, it was frustrating to wait so long to see the doctor and then to have a 30 second exchange with her that didn't even include a proper diagnosis or the prescription of useful medication.

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

Terrible. Does not spend more than 4 minutes and do not look at your skin at all. Could not beleive this exist. I went to see a renowed dermato in Europe who did the job and had another diagnostoc than hers. He also urgedme not to do laser, which she did (I think this is a bankable investment here). I think that if she was paid on the basis of the time spent and competence, she would gain a negative salary. I just do not understand how Québec allows such people to be doctors and paid....

Submitted April 16, 2013 | flag

Beatrice Wang may not exude warmth but she will diagnose a problem in minutes. She will explain everything you need to know, and offer options. She will respond to all questions. I always feel better after I leave. And I always feel I have accomplished something if I get her to smile or chuckle.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

I had undergone extensive testing and multiple visits to hospital rooms for nearly 2 years until I went to see Dr. Wang. Unlike almost every other public-service practitioner out there, she actually sat down and listened to me. LISTENED. Within minutes, Dr. Wang had had performed a skin biopsy, had a diagnosis (a correct one, by the way, whereas no one else figured it out), and referred me to a specialist whom she personally called on my behalf. She also personally called me with the biopsy results a few days later. The woman literally changed my life, and has got to be one of the most competent doctors I have ever encountered (and I've encountered a few). On another note - they have GOT to get a better system for answering the phones in that office, because the 25-minute wait only to then be hung up on (after having called 20 times to busy signals) can be a little frustrating. THANK YOU, Dr. Wang.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2011 | flag

Saw her for chronic hydradenitis supperativa! Dr Robson RVH referred me. She is a very classy lady and she genuinely listened to me. The treatment she prescribed was very expensive, and did not work. Left me with other serious problems! As when I said it was not working for me; I was told to continue this line of treatment for 5 months....unfortunately I became intolorant to it and it attacked my joints leaving me to walk with a cane...it has been 3 years since this treatment and my joints have not returned to normal and I still walk with a cane...and suffer! My HS is worst and I suffer 24/7

Submitted April 25, 2011 | flag

This Doctor is really cold, and did not take the time with me, after my surgery who she had one of her residents perform, she took off at the speed of light, had no time for questions, exit prescriptions, or even bothered to ask if anyone was picking me up or how I was getting home, let alone how I was feeling. I am surprised that she is affiliated with the Royal Victoria, as she is certainly not worthy of anything close to being branded as Royal. After this surgery I had to limp to an emergency room to get a note and pills, as she did not provide me with them or give me the chance to adequately communicate with her. I would not recommend her to anyone, and I find it unfortunate that she affiliated with such a great University as McGill.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2010 | flag