Dr. Annapurna Ramanarayanan

Grad. Year: 1968

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Annapurna Ramanarayanan has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does she take Medicare?    Email me    Answer it
Q: Does the dr. Participate with health first/new jersey care?    Email me    Answer it
Q: does doctor accepts older patients and Medicare insurance?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.6
RID: 2528089
11/01/13 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr Ram for 33 years. She delivered my 2 children by c-section with perfection! They are now 29 and 17 years old. Dr. Ram found the beginning stages of cervical cancer and I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago again with no complications. I have only felt compassion and respect from Dr Ram and her staff and I have always been grateful and feel blessed to have her as my doctor. Years ago when I lived in Florida, I would come back to NJ for my yearly check-up, I have never been to another OBGYN doctor. Dr Ram is a special woman who dedicates her life to help us keep ourselves healthy and many of us were lucky to have her bring our children into this world. Thank you Dr. Ram and staff!! Pat D.  Respond
RID: 2453853
22/10/12 4 4 4 5 I visited Dr. Ram 5 months back and that visit was free for me NO CO-PAY :), since that was my 2nd visit within 6 months. I will be visiting her again on Wednesday and all the previous 2 visits were good for me. One thing keeps worrying me that entertains no more deliveries so thinking whether I should change now or keep going ?
RID: 2389631
31/07/12 5 3 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Ram for 10 years. I love her! She is honest, to the point and knows her stuff. I moved to south jersey recently and still make the trip to see her. I highly recommend her.
RID: 2217905
08/06/12 4 4 4 4 I visited once Dr. Ram and I found her very nice, patient and caring. Planning to visit her again for Papsmear Test.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 2198645
04/06/12 3 5 5 5 Dr Ram is the BEST Gynecologist I ever had and she's the only doctor I retained in the Middlesex County area. I don't mind seeing her once a year for appointment. I'm very happy to have found her in Edison, NJ when I used to live there. I will not replace her for anybody in Passaic County, where I now live.
RID: 2159683
24/05/12 1 5 5 5 SHE IS A GREAT DOCTOR.. BUT HER RECEPTIONIST NEEDS TO LEARN A LESSON OR TWO!! I am new for Gynos and all you ladies out there know how hard it is the first time you go to a Gyno. The receptionist at her office is so rude! I needed advice on some BC pills I was going on and needed the precription sent. She was just pure rude. If I stop going to Dr. Ram it is because of the unintelligent receptionist she hired.. the biggest idiot.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1739727
13/03/12 4 4 5 5 I had my first appointment with Dr.Ram, she is very friendly and knowledgeable. I only had to wait for 25 mins. I went for a general check up which she did thoroghly and was very patient with all my queries. I would totally recommend Dr.Ram to anyone.
RID: 1559178
12/10/11 5 4 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Ram for 20 years and she is always very professional and very knowledgeable. She always veers towards the side of precaution but also takes a wait and see attitude before determining if anything more serious needs to be done, e.g., surgery. I highly recommend her.
RID: 1446021
20/05/11 4 3 4 4 Today was my first appointment with Dr. Ram and I was very impressed by her. I waited a decent 20 mins before meeting her. I went there for a general checkup and asked her all possible questions which she answered patiently. I love Dr. Ram and will certainly recommend it to others too!!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1246852
09/09/10 5 5 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. Ram for about 20 years now and I have to say she's the best OBGYN in the world. She is very knowledgeable, has patience and makes me feel so good about myself. She takes the time to answer each and every question I have and really cares about my health. I was referred to her by a friend and been seeing her ever since. I loved Dr. Ram's service so much that I referred my mom to her as well. My mom said she the best OBGYN ever! I couldn't agree with her more. For those who made comments about the long wait I just have to say you get what you pay for and good things come to those who wait. Patience is a virtue. When you have a great OBGYN as Dr. Ram it's worth the wait.
RID: 1150215
15/04/10 5 5 5 5 Love Dr Ram....She is so smart and has made me feel as if i will never have anything to be worry about. A little sad to here that she will not be delivering babies anymore. Hopefully she can recommand a ob doctor as great as she is.
RID: 1119687
03/03/10 5 5 5 5 Great dr. ; however, she stop delivering babies, but if you just need other stuff she if excellent
RID: 884926
12/05/09 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr Ram for 14+ yrs, she delivered my oldest son who is now 13+. She wasnt on my insurance for son #2 and OMG what a DIFFERENCE!!! She gets so much respect from hospital staff in JFK, she is v. respected in her profession. I went to another OB for #2 son and she WAS HORRIBLE, WAIT TIMES 1+ HRS AND NO RESPECT FROM HOSPITAL STAFF, infact I was ignored! Dr Ram I have NEVER had an issue with waiting for more than 10 mins, unless she had a delivery, then what can you do? Parking at her office can be difficult depending on time of day, but her staff she keeps the same staff, Cindy knows ALOT and is always GREAT, they work with you on copays etc. She had Holly who was GREAT but now she has a Latin lady who isn't that friendly or efficient lab person. Dr Ram is EXCELLENT....Now she only does Gyn, not OB...I believe - 2009. She is open minded away from conventional gyn path if you ask her, she says, sure try it....excellent doctor.
RID: 853970
06/04/09 5 4 5 5 i love her!!!! shes honest and knows her stuff she delivered my first born and she made me feel comfotable and secure. Her staff is amazing polite and welcoming. I would never go to another ob and i recomend her to all my girlfriends
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 843189
26/03/09 5 4 5 5 OK;because of her i am alive.I had fluid embolism just before my delivery.She saved me and my baby.The care and comfort i get from her,i can only compare it to my mother.She is the best.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 804849
03/03/09 5 3 5 5 I have been going to her for 27 years. She deliverd my three children and now my oldest goes to her and my mom. She is very patient with answering questions and knows her stuff. I will admit you wait alot of times in the waiting room and patient room but when she gets there...shes in and out...lol. GREAT DOCTOR!!!
RID: 624883
26/06/08 5 5 5 5 Dr Ram is the best. very warm, patient and experienced. !!! three cheers to her.  Respond
RID: 505941
06/02/08 5 4 5 5 Please give Dr. Ram a break. Even a president would not mind waiting for 20 minutes at the Dr. office. How can you forget the stress from Traffic in North Jersey? since when did service at the Dr. office become more of an issue than how knowledgeable your Doctor is?  Respond
RID: 465082
15/12/07 4 3 4 4 This is the deal with Dr. Ram -- yes she is a bit sarcastic upon responding to questions as one reviewer commented, and yes she can have a way of making you feel as though she is tired of her job, but this is the reality -- she has been a doctor for so many years and has been dealing with patients for such a long time, hearing the same questions over and over --Give the sister a break! She is a knowledgeable doctor who delivers a baby like you would drink a glass of water -- effortlessly! She knows what she is doing, which is the important thing! Yes, she may be a bit burned out, but a doctor's life is stressful in case you haven't noticed! Honestly, I had my doubts about her at first, but decided to stick with her because of the convenience of her location, considering that I didn't doubt her knowledge and professionalism. I was privileged to have her deliver my baby, perform an episiotomy on me and sew me up. She did a fantastic job!
RID: 403563
14/09/07 3 3 3 3 Dr.Ram.. Waiting is a long time like 20 mins or so, i have waited outside couple of times for 20 mins or so and after calling inside to the room an other 15-10 mins waiting. Forget it... but Dr.Ram mostly makes me really feel she's always in a hurry, she won't make me comfortable in asking her questions & mostly answers in a very sarcastic way. She does her job but , i think if she's too tired to do the job QUIT & please do not make the patient uncomfortable and upset.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 374317
27/07/07 5 5 5 5 One of the most professional and the best doctors i have ever seen.She is so much dedicated about her patients and her work.Office staff is equally commendable.I would highly recommend her to anyone.  Respond