Rate Dr. Takanori Fukushima

Dr. Takanori Fukushima's Ratings

I was told by another neurologist that I had atypical facial pain. My facial pain got to be unbearable and the medications caused so many side effects. I had spontaneous pain at times; I even bit the side of my tongue. When a certain spot was touched, it sent tremendous pain through the left side of my face(from under my chin to my head). To make things even worse, the pain would intensify when I would: touch my face, kiss my husband, sing, eat, drink, wash my face, brush my teeth, try to explain something, get excited, talk, sneeze, and even when I hit a bump while driving. It has been painful while just lying in bed. The pain might last a few seconds then subside or might last a few minutes, especially when I was eating. Fortunately, I found DR.FUKUSHIMA, who understood my pain and offered treatment that other neurologists could not. In August 2001, I had surgery for Trigeminal Neuralgia, and it worked. I have been free of THAT CHRONIC PAIN ever since. DR FUKUSHIMA IS THE BEST!

Submitted July 7, 2014 | flag

Don't go to this doctor! He doesn't have a good moral ethic as a medical doctor and a person. My cousin has suffered with a complication after he operated her in 2010. He promised to my cousin's husband that his wife is in the good hand. He was late one hour and no apology at all. One of our neighbor who is Japanese told us that there was a big news in Japanese newspaper last year that one of his patients died because he and his team in Japan operated the wrong brain part. The patient's family confronted this, but he denied it. He thinks he is the best, but his arrogance have made that patient died. Finally, he and his hospital in Japan gave a settlement money to that patient's family to close the case. He also doesn't have a good moral as a person being as a womanizer. There were several cases against him about women too.

Submitted May 25, 2014 | flag

The doctor was never seen and he never introduced himself. He was not present at the start of surgery (running late after waiting a long time for him to show up) nor was he present at the conclusion of the surgery. He was listed on an operative report as participating but I never met him and he was supposed to be the primary surgeon. The surgery did not go well at all. There was permanent damage and numerous complications that appear to be lifelong. Did he ever show up? I do not know.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2013 | flag

Nine years ago my sister in Japan was diagnosed with a ACOUSTIC NEUROMA and Dr Fukushima was contacted. He told us that he was the only one who could do the surgery and don't let any other Dr. touch her. He said he would go to Japan and do the surgery. He made her wait for one year and then did the surgery on 15 Jul 2005. After the surgery Dr. Fukushima said there was a problem with some bleeding and my sister was put in a induced coma untill October 2005. DR. FUKUSHIMA told the family that after some P.T. my sister would be able to function almost normally with some minor problems. Since that surgery my sister has not been able to speak, eat,see or move any part of her body. She has been lying in bed for the last nine years. DR. FUKUSHIMA said he would provide some finanial help for the 24/7 care she requires, we never heard from him again. It is my opinion that DR. FUKUSHIMA is not as great as he says he is and his word is not to be trusted. GET A SECOND OPINION !

Submitted Nov. 18, 2013 | flag

2 hr wait without apology. Said tumor was "too small" for him to deal with & said I had to go to endocrine specialist for certain tests, all of which we had provided copies of! He became angry when this was pointed out to him. He is arrogant, rude and dismissive unless you are an unusual case-this we saw while there and he stated as much. Spent very little time and most doing his dictation! Waste of time and money. Secretary is stellar.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2010 | flag

as a medical professional myself, I know this doctor is skilled and knowledgeable. He isn't real personnel but thats not what I look for in a physician.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2009 | flag

When my wife needed surgery due to constant pain from trigeminal neuralgia, we evaluated only the best neurosurgeons with the most experience. The best locations are at Univ of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Univ of FL Med Center, Univ of S Calif Med Ctr, and WHEREVER Dr. Fukushima is located (now at Duke Raleigh Hospital). He has performed more of these surgeries than anyone and has the best track record of any skull base surgeon. He is the best!

Submitted Aug. 14, 2009 | flag

If you have to have skull base surgery or any form of neurosurgery then Dr. Takanori Fukushima is the man.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

Dr. Fukushima is a very accomplished surgeon. This man performs miracles everyday in the most complicated cases. He has done surgery on my mother and has relieved her from a pain that she has known for 35 years. His surgical technique for Trigeminal Neuralgia is like non other. Don't be fooled by other surgeons that promise to relieve your pain. Dr. Fukushima CAN DO IT!

Submitted Oct. 6, 2008 | flag

Fukushima has preformed an incredible amount of really incredible unique surgeries. I've never trusted someone with my life so much.

Submitted July 24, 2007 | flag